• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Australian Air Force Transioning Guidelines 2014

Guest Jennifer T

Wow! I am impressed. I caught myself reminiscing about my military days and wondering what it would have been like to transition then. I admit, it seems pretty tough.

• Admin

This is an outstanding document, Mike. A lot of the advice and information contained in it could be useful for civilian workplace transitions, or even personal situations.

If I can figure out how to send this to one of my U.S. Senators, I will do so. Maybe she can find someone at the Pentagon willing to take a look. Thanks for posting it, Mike.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

This is an outstanding document, Mike. A lot of the advice and information contained in it could be useful for civilian workplace transitions, or even personal situations.

If I can figure out how to send this to one of my U.S. Senators, I will do so. Maybe she can find someone at the Pentagon willing to take a look. Thanks for posting it, Mike.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Carolyn Marie, You are more than welcome for the document. Sending it to your senator is a great idea. Plus, feel free to make copies to hand out to any business who needs to know about tranisitiong ins and out/ the things to do and the things not to do.

Guest Carla_Davis

Hi Bulldog,

I agree that hopefully, in the near future transgender individuals will be able to serve Proudly, and Openly in the U.S. Military.

This was also posted on the Defglis.com.au WebSite.

An administrative guide: Understanding Transitioning Gender in the Workplace produced by the Defence Centre of Diversity Expertise also provides information. This guide is available via the following link: http://www.defence.gov.au/fr/RR/

AIM

The aim of these guidelines is to provide commanders and managers in Defence with the

basis for a sensible and supportive approach to the management of Defence people, whether

military or civilian, who intend to transition from one gender to the other.

It is also very interesting reading.

Hugs,

Carla