• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Train Beating Suspect Says He Was Provoked By Transwomen

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I dunno what to believe here, but I tend to think button pushers, huh ? Unwanted advances, that sounds kinda like you want issues ? Some people thrive on the "action". How stupid, can't you just leave the sleeping dogs ? These kind of stories don't help anyone.....

• Admin

I;ve seen the cell phone video (which can't be posted because of content issues). It doesn't help figure out who started it. It's just a scene of chaos.

Carolyn Marie

Guest KimberlyF

I watched the full vid. From what I saw, the guy attacked the one trans woman, then second trans woman joined, then second guy joined. Either first guy should get punished or first guy, and second trans girl and second guy. I don't care what was said. No excuse for going physical. Second trans girl did remove own clothes.

This is why I hate taking the train.

• Forum Moderator

Hard to tell what guestures or other non verbal went on before this, it's ugly either way...

Guest KimberlyF

Hard to tell what guestures or other non verbal went on before this, it's ugly either way...

yeah...this is behavior that is beyond my grasp. When a punch or kick is thrown, I'm running towards the next car.
Guest Megan_Lynn

Personally I think its a huge bs excuse for being a lowlife. Its should not matter what someone says to someone they should not be putting there hands on anoughter person period. Only reasons to do so are for self defense or defense of others..The thugs were in zero danger and should not have attacked in the first place even if the trans woman hit on them( doubt that happened). The second trans woman had every right to try to protect the first one. I hate violence but no way would I just sit by and let someone get the crap kicked out of them. the panic defense is nothing more then a weak minded person saying that they can not handle being sexually objectified the same way they sexually objectify woman.

• Admin

.This is why I hate taking the train.

What's a train?? :huh:

Carolyn "Freeway" Marie

Guest DianeATL

I watched the whole security video and they were following them through the station and hurling slurs and insults at them. It was also pretty clear that the one guy initiated physical contact which is never OK to anyone regardless of who they are or what they said to you.

I am sad that this happened in my city on nearly the same day that a federal court here found in favor of a trans woman who was fired from the GA General Assembly staff post for being trans. A high and a low on the same day.

• Admin

I have used the MARTA from the ATL airport to the site of the Southern Comfort Conference in Ashford /Dunwoody for the last 6 years I have gone there, and NEVER had any problems with people in the trains or on the platforms, so I have to point the =====>> at the participants here as having mutual interaction and animosity, and not that this was common or a trait of Atlantians in general. No mention of alcohol effects, but that or similar chemicals could be in the brew.

Apparently provocation can excuse assault in Georgia, so pinning the provocation blame on the victim could get the assailants off. Here's a link to what looks like a very good outline of how to appropriately handle harassment on the street or in other public places:

http://www.stopstreetharassment.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/SSH-KYR-Georgia.pdf

• Admin

Good and useful outline there Ravin.