• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New York state eases rules for changing gender on birth certificate

Guest Carla_Davis

• Forum Moderator

I not only hope that it will spread to NYC but maybe it will spread south and the governor of NJ will get off his rather large backside and sign the bill that has been on his desk for a long time now. That is if he's not messing with the traffic between our fair states.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Deanna

This was the best news for me of the week! I was born in Upstate NY. Now I live in TN were they will never change a birth certificate. Just got to fined out what exactly is required to get it changed. Now if only TN would let me change that darn drivers license .

Guest sydney

I was born in TN, but live in NJ. Even when changing your name, TN crosses out you old name (where you can still read it) and puts your new name above it on your birth certificate. To me that is even more insulting of the state of TN. At least here in NJ the gender change on the Driver's license is fairly easy. Can't wait till the 23rd when I can get that done :) (waiting for court order to go into effect, as there is a mandatory 30 day waiting time from the date it was signed till you can use your name change.)