• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What does it matter?

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I want to rant a little, to sort my thoughts out a bit, but I hope not to offend anyone.

I feel like this thing is huge, this newly found interest in cross-dressing and me thinking I might be happier if I was a girl, but somehow I don’t see how it changes anything.

It has no effects on my career. Unless it becomes known that I am a cross-dresser or I need to transition entirely, in which case it just makes it harder to get a job.

It has no effects on my social life, unless I make it public and it pushes some friends away and turns family members against me.

If I keep it to myself for the periods when and if I can dress up, am I putting on the act or is the act the moment I go back to being me? In either case if it is just an act it is pointless I think.

I have read that in some cases it has an effect on how happy the person is and how confident they are and then they enjoy life a bit more but there is nothing I can do then that I cannot do now. Okay all good and well, it’s not socially acceptable for a guy to march around, swaying hips, with a mini skirt or bikini nor go shoe shopping for heels or grow long hair, but it isn’t impossible.

Physically looking like you want to look would be nice but only for a brief moment? When you make it permanent, it also becomes normal after a while, just another part of your life, so does that make an actual difference long term?

I am not saying I don’t feel the term “transgendered” describes me somehow or that I do not want to rather be a girl but I cannot rationalise it.

I am me. I enjoy what I enjoy, and my hobbies are mine. I chose my friends and I have the power to decide where I go with my future. How does gender factor into this? Why does it feel like a defining factor in life?

If the social aspect is easier, doing what you want to do and expressing yourself as a female, and it being acceptable because you look like or are a women, if you permanently change so you are happy with how you look, how does that actually change your life? Or is it as easy as that being the effects of the change? Do you accept and embrace it so you can be happy with yourself?

If you feel this is part of you, and you are happy with it, why do you keep it hidden, how do you keep it hidden, if then it changes nothing? If you keep it to yourself and hide it, can it still make a difference?

I apologise for the ranting, questioning, and probably very silly sounding and long post, I just feel terribly confused.

• Forum Moderator

Actually one of the things i like is that that my dressing and being myself is "normal" now. When i dressed and had to change back i found only a window through which i could see my desire but could never go there. I have found a peace with myself and an acceptance of who i am. The changes that have come with transition are at times quite subtle. I still work the farm, move bales of hay, drive a tractor or dump truck, and run the sawmill as needed. The difference is that i'm me now and being open and honest about who that is. The excitement that fear and a unique experience can give is gone and it has been replaced by a simple comfort with my gender, my self and my life.

We are all different and for you dressing at times may be enough. For years that was good for me as well. Many find that is always enough. We are all on different paths and a Gender therapist is often our bet chance of understanding ours.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Lyn

I know how you feel a little but one thing I have learned here that everyone is different and their paths however similar are different!

With myself I have no real issue with my body, dressing or anything else. The issues come more relative to society. It is not good to hide things away. It creates stress, worry etc and will be harmful to health. I have felt a lot better since being more open about things.

As Charlize said - a gender therapist is a great help with sorting things out. I say that but I do not have one, but even though I do not generally feel confused or anything, I can see it happening sometime.

Tracy

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I am currently seeing a therapist which I started seeing before I found a gender therapist sort of close to my area, so I will see what comes from her helping me, but I think she is competent enough to help.

I just don't know what to do with the cross-dressing. My will to dress sort of dipped, fortunately as I presently have no opportunities to really get dressed, but I still think about it and plan finances for clothes and think on how I would act in certain situations (or try to) if I were a girl. I jump between thinking I am really just being a fool and this doesn't make sense, and being almost happy to think of these things and feeling as if I know what I want. I focus on how feminine I feel or think I am and then end up arguing the opposite to invalidate that.

I don't know what to do with this entire concept, how gender has an effect on my future or present me and I don't entirely understand why I still want to be and think being a woman would make my life any better, even if only during those times I cross-dress.

Though not having to hide when I wear a dress or have to explain why I attempt to sway my hips when walking or acting in a non-male fashion, and not having to lie and think of cover stories for being yourself would probably be easier and healthier for your psyche. If it became normal and you become calm that would probably be overall better. My ranting here doesn't make sense but the thoughts are sort of making more sense.

Thank you

Lyn

Lyn, you do make some sense. It's okay to be in a muddled spot. Asking yourself these questions is the first step to finding the right answers for YOU. Write them down, and take it to your therapist as discussion points.

It's true that sorting out one's gender won't solve all one's problems. It might solve some but also create new ones. In the balance, part time dressing might bring enough happiness and relief that the balance against secrecy and fear of rejection weighs in favor of dressing-- or not. For some, that means the best alternative is to go full time and lose the secrecy, for others that means the best option is to pack it in. It all depends on what you, individually, ate willing to lose or hope to gain. It's a very personal calculus.

Guest LizMarie

I agree with Ravin, and frankly, I suspect that a lot of us went through periods of confusion trying to figure things out.

Regardless of which side of the gender divide you end up on, discovering yourself and becoming comfortable with yourself is necessary, so go with it! You may find that cross dressing was a phase and once its gone, for you its gone. Or maybe not. Or maybe something else entirely. My only advice is to be open to yourself. Don't stifle the inner voice. Listen and discover who you really are and then enjoy being whoever you really are.

• Admin

You ask "what does it matter?" The answer is, it may not matter at all. If you are happy as things are, then there is nothing further you should do. If you find you have a need to cross dress on occasion, for whatever reason, then do so if you can. If you are not happy, then you need to figure out, possibly with the help of a therapist, what it is that makes you unhappy, and what you can do about it.

What matters will differ with every person, hon. There is no "right" answer that fits everyone. It mattered a lot to me to socially transition, but it didn't matter as much to have GRS. The next person might be the exact opposite.

Please keep working with your therapist, and if you need to, a gender therapist. They can be a huge help in figuring things out.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Thank you all very much. I just don't completely understand. I know I should be patient and figure it out and experiment and discover more but there are just days when I notice how much I am thinking about this and I almost feel obsessed, that's when I get impatient and want to sort it out then and there so it doesn't take up so much of my mental capacity and time.

Love

Lyn

Guest JackieMichelle

I feel obsessed too, working and living as a man when I have to has always felt like I was merely a puppeteer to this body moving it through a sort of nightmare. Since I have came out to my wife and some of my family, I have found love and places that I can just be me. It confuses me as to how freeing and relaxing it is to let myself dress a certain way and act like I feel. One day I know I want to fully transition, due to my job situation it will be a while. For now I am content with dressing every now and again around the house. All I do is relax in a pair of jeans a nice shirt, change my hair up, and relax. I am not sure where I was going with this post. I guess to say I too get confused as to why it matters so much, but have to much fear of loosing my job over being trans and spend so much time being the manly character I have worked years to create that even a few moments make it all worth it. One day, it won't matter and everyone will just be accepted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 118 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • Evelyn J
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Justine76
    Newest Member
    Justine76

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I think many Christians end up with a false dichotomy.  If we didn't choose to be how we are, then something in our environment did it. Is going along with it a sin?  Maybe.  But if so, its one of those times where we mess something up no matter what we do.  Part of the imperfect nature of this fallen world is that there are times where we'll sin no matter what we do.  In a no-win scenario like that, we do the wisest thing possible with our free will. 
    • EasyE
      This is the crux of my anguish these many, many months (years!) and where I go back-and-forth with my own journey ... I was born a biological male. No denying that in my case. But I have a lot of internal feminine leanings and external ones, too. I prefer to wear women's clothes 100 percent of the time (if I could). I wish I had the female plumbing. I long for that badly sometimes. I don't know why or where that came from but no denying that either. I have started HRT because I like the idea of having a more feminine physical body and some of the "perks" that go with that. I just asked my doc to up my dose to the next level today!   So the big question I ask myself is: am I knowingly disobeying God, who likes order and made humans male and female, by taking these steps? This is my wife's take on things. "You are sinning. You know God made you a male biologically. Yet you are willfully pursuing transition to being something God didn't intend you to be regardless of what you feel inside, what your preferences are, etc."  I keep trying to tell her it's much more complex than that but sometimes I don't even know what I think...   This ties up in knots and makes me angry and makes me feel stuck!!! I don't want to disobey my Creator and Savior and yet I have this strong, strong leaning toward the feminine in many ways (that keeps getting stronger and refuses to go away no matter how much I have tried to stuff it away!!) ... It feels like misery no matter which path I take - if I "give in" to the feminine, which I have been doing a lot the past 12 months or so, am I endangering my soul? Am I creating scandal? Yet the thought of putting the feminine aside feels, at times, like death too (or is it just me being self-centered and unwilling to bend the knee to my Creator who would ask me to give this up as a testament to my love for him...   I don't know. I don't know. I don't know!! But sometimes I really really F***ing hate this quandary... 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      We use a ton of Harbor Freight stuff here.  They have pretty good warranty, too, I guess.  GF beats all heck out of sockets and things, and if she takes them back they get replaced for free.  Harbor Freight was junk 20 years ago, but its really good now.  Craftsman used to be good 20 years ago, but now its junk (but they still want to charge made-in-the-usa prices).  Dewalt is now Chinese also, when it used to be made in Germany.  Older Dewalt tools are good, but GF got a really bad hand injury a few years ago from a Chinese Dewalt drill bit that shattered.  Some of the name brands just aren't what they used to be. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Honestly, all the numbers are monkey math.  Doesn't matter who's in charge.  Trump kept crowing about the damn stock market, which didn't make a difference to normal people.  All the "job creation" is an illusion.  They consider it job creation when they take good full time jobs, and split them in half to "make" two part-time or temp jobs.  Not totally a Biden problem, as this has been going on for decades now.  Things *began* to get better under Trump.  A bit.  Maybe 8 years would have been better, but it wouldn't have fixed it.  Too much damage.    To me, Trump is a case of "too little, too late."  In my opinion, we need more - a true nationalist, with an aggressive and isolationist foreign policy.  And we needed him 50 years ago.  I want to see:   High import tariffs, a currency backed by precious metals, no more "climate" stuff and repudiation of all "accords" or other agreements, elimination of excess government agencies like the FBI and EPA, and total seizure of foreign-owned assets on US soil - with sale and disbursement of profits to our citizens.  And that would be a basic start.  Instead of "sanctions" to interrupt the trade of nations we don't like, Congress should instead issue letters-of-marque as described in the Constitution.  I'd like to see an alliance with Russia, and an end to nearly a century of useless conflict.    Trump won't do any of those things.  He's a sad, pale imitation of the leaders that founded our nation.     
    • KymmieL
      Well I got some terrible news today. My therapist is a doctoral intern at the VA. Her internship is ending the end of July. Normally interns just continue with the VA after their degree is done. However, VA has a hiring freeze on. So, I am going to loose one of the best therapists I have ever had. One that actually cares about me. I do have a few months till she leaves, Thankfully.   Other than that. my wife and youngest are both sick. Don't know if they got it worse that I had on Thurs/Friday. Or I am destine to get it too.   I've got tools that range from cheapy flea market stuff all the way up to high grade, Mac and Snap-on. Most have lasted me for quite a long time. I am diligently trying to keep my happy arse out or the Snap-on truck when he comes every Thurs. So far, I have resisted. But the temptation is there.   Kymmie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      IMO: If politicians stopped focusing on which bathrooms people were using and, you know, the actual issues of the country, maybe we could work on that 30+ trillion dollar debt of ours? Put more effort into international cooperation? Consider ways to improve education? Literally anything more productive than worrying about what's in some lady's pants you'll never meet?
    • VickySGV
      I have been thinking of this one a bit today since my first response here.  If you check out the relation that Peter had with Jesus and you can see that even Jesus was criticized for being who Jesus was by Peter.  In that relationship which I have come to think was more of a Chosen Family situation than genetic family,  Peter was telling Jesus who Peter thought Jesus should be. Especially when it came to Jesus being killed for what his true identity was.  Transgender is very much an issue of identity and not primarily about sexuality.  Sexuality is the BIG thing with certain religious groups and if you look at it, it is always about pro-creating kids into certain genealogies and making them new church members. 
    • Willow
      Good evening   @Adrianna Danielle wow 13 years out of a harbor freight tool.  That’s amazing, and lucky.  I read an article recently about how harbor freight does make inexpensive tools. It seems that some percentage of them are expected to fail in some manner.  However they are typically made with the same laborers  parts design as name brand high end tools.  If you get a good one it can last for a long time.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Needed,my 3/4 drive air impact is about to give out.Bought it from Harbor Freight 13 years ago and got my money out of it
    • MaeBe
      Happy anniversary @Willow!   Good luck, @Birdie!   Congratulations on the new gear @Adrianna Danielle!   My family is currently considering a big move. My wife applied for and received an offer for a job in WA. If all things are equal I am down for a change of scenery, but it’s not that simple. Much maths are about to happen…wish me luck! ;)
    • MaeBe
      Or they could live and let live and not clog the courts with games of roulette? To absolve the attempt based on a perceived chance of success is gambling in another guise.   Sure, it could all be marketing to gin up the base, but we see it constantly getting pushed at the local, State, and Federal levels. Don’t we want lawmakers focused on issues of import? Maybe we’re a distraction, but that means we become social targets. If we’re really just a side show game to them, they obviously don’t give a damn what the repercussions are for us; we’re just lambs for slaughter. So why support people or adjacent policies that do that to us? Why believe these jaguars won’t eat your face when they tell you that, if they can, they will?
    • Sorourke
      Thank you so much, hugs Stefi 
    • MaeBe
      Manufacturing jobs have increased by nearly 800k since Biden’s inauguration. Deficits and debt are up as well, which water down some of the positive metrics.  Given the fact we were coming out of a pandemic and then into a global economy affected by a Russian aggression and then a war in the Middle East, things wouldn’t be ideal. But we’re not on a gold standard anymore. Government budgets aren’t household budgets. Inflation was up but is coming down, which means that government spending isn’t uncontrolled.  Honest news media? Which news are we referring to? I recommend looking into Ground.news and their blind spot feature. It will show you, regardless of your leanings, what you’re not seeing in your typically consumed news.    MAGA is not about making America great again or otherwise. It’s a marketing cult for populist conservatism, aka the cult of Trump. America being great is not bad or a bad idea, but its choice as the moniker of the campaign is not-so-subtle political marketing. By default, no one wants to argue against the idea, however it creates a dichotomy where “the other side must not want (or is actively trying to destroy) it”. It’s an empty slogan because America was no greater during the Trump years and you can logically argue our global cache was diminished during his term, which was marked by sentiment of the US being a unilateral agitator. 
    • missyjo
      smiles I think I need to help him find a way to simply love others, regardless of identifying with them or understanding their journey..but I thought I recall stories of Jesus being asked which of 10 laws were greatest..n the answer being 1. God us God n have no other gods you worship..asking forgiveness to friends who practice religions with polydieties..but I think catholic say 1 god..n the 2nd rule is almost as important..love each other as I have loved you   maybe if I can focus him on we all believe God wants us to love n help each..maybe he'll forget the footnote he seems to be inserting, unless they are lgbt..then they go to hell...nerd   sorry probably too politically charged..delete if so with my apologies  hugs to all who want them
    • Mars Hiroshi
      So, I don't know what this is called, but it's kind of like when you see the boob bridging to the collarbone. I hate it. You can totally see I have a chest. How do I fix it and what is it called?   (I'm wearing an old gc2b binder I got from someone at school that is not my specific sizing, but it's all I can work with)
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.