• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A failed test, mostly

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I drive a bike to work and back, hell I ride my baby all over the place whenever I can, I am a biker, I ride her when the sun slow cooks me, the cold tries to remove functionality of my joints, the rain tries to make me slip and slide or the little chunky white ricks drop from the sky in an attempt to turn me into Swiss cheese. I am semi used to driving in the cold weather but this winter seemed to be extra cold, and as such I started looking for ways to keep warm.

Thermal gear is expensive and having so many layers on that I feel like a snow man just annoys me so I asked around and someone suggested something ridiculous. Pantyhose. Right so they are thin, hardly restrict movement and cheap, but I doubt they could keep you warm when the wind slices through a leather jacket and jeans. However, having the interest that I have, I was eager to test this theory anyway.

The result was: FAILED! They do not in fact keep your legs warm, not to a degree which you can actually feel while moving anyway.

I did however have them on the entire day beneath my clothes and could feel them every time I walked anywhere, making me feel around five percent more sexy :P So I wouldn’t say it was wasted effort. Just to double check I have decided to wear them again today. I might wear them for another week or seven just to make absolutely sure I feel sexy, I mean they don’t help with heat.

First under-dressing experience.

• Forum Moderator

They work when not moving - it is the wind. I used tights under my trousers to a training session in the winter where I knew it would be cool and was almost the only one in the room who was really cosy (mostly women too so beat them at their own game with layers as I had a close fitting (feminine) t-shirt top under my shirt and if I remember correctly a cami top tucked into the tights under that:) ).

I will admit there is a sexy feel as well :) - being half male and half female it feels very strange though!

Try fleece lined tights under a windproof jean / trouser (leather or whatever) - you would feel a difference! I wore fleece lined tights on a foggy morning (just walking out wearing a short skirt over tights) and did not feel cold at all.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

I have a nice pair of leather pants which are quite tight and cute. I've been thinking of riding in those with a nice short black skirt on top. In the cool weather maybe panty hose beneath. There is nothing like leather to cut the wind and it can be both physically warm and sexually hot. Now to get my old bike going. I need a pair of new tires so i've been slow to get her out. She's a 66 BMW R-50 with lovely opposed cylinders. She's in great condition, certainly better condition than her rider.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I have been thinking off layering some more fem clothes at the bottom, but I am actually kinda scared.

I just now found a store that sells those fleece lined tights but they only have up to one size smaller than I am currently wearing. How much do those stretch or would I be pushing my luck badly?

I could easily layer things on top that I can remove once I get to work, I think leather might be a tad expensive though. I will have to take a look.

I hope you get your bike running again soon, nothing quite like a bike ride. I drive a 2012 Hyosung GT650R, it was all I could afford otherwise I would have bought Kawa ZX6R, I LOVE THOSE BIKES.

I will look into finding either fleece lined tights or some leggings then, both would be nice additions to Katelyn's wardrobe and if they help for heat retention on the bike, well that's great too.

I know what you mean somehow, it’s new and interesting but I forget about it the moment I sit down and work, unless they give me a wedgie. Commence violent butt shovelling. I guess it doesn't last long and then it becomes normal. I still think it feels nice though, too bad no one can see it though, I think my shaved legs look good in hose, might just be wishful thinking though :lol:

Love

Lyn

I have been thinking off layering some more fem clothes at the bottom, but I am actually kinda scared.

I just now found a store that sells those fleece lined tights but they only have up to one size smaller than I am currently wearing. How much do those stretch or would I be pushing my luck badly?

I could easily layer things on top that I can remove once I get to work, I think leather might be a tad expensive though. I will have to take a look.

I hope you get your bike running again soon, nothing quite like a bike ride. I drive a 2012 Hyosung GT650R, it was all I could afford otherwise I would have bought Kawa ZX6R, I LOVE THOSE BIKES.

I will look into finding either fleece lined tights or some leggings then, both would be nice additions to Katelyn's wardrobe and if they help for heat retention on the bike, well that's great too.

I know what you mean somehow, it’s new and interesting but I forget about it the moment I sit down and work, unless they give me a wedgie. Commence violent butt shovelling. I guess it doesn't last long and then it becomes normal. I still think it feels nice though, too bad no one can see it though, I think my shaved legs look good in hose, might just be wishful thinking though :lol:

Love

Lyn

I used to have a yamaha 2007 R6 I bought new. I had no riding gear so I used my friends wife's (with out him knowing). Pink and white. I thought it was rediculous at the time, but I felt kind of sexy. I guess that was the firdt time I "dressed up" . Nylons feel weired until there is the slightest wind. They hide my legs and toes so I don't like them or maybe I don;t like them because I dont like to see women in them. Once again sexuality and gender over lap; i guess?. When you ride in pink no one knows any better and people tend to honk their horns at you... but now my eye sight is too bad and riding is a thing of the past... :( oh well

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I love hosiery, it just looks incredibly alluring and it's nice to the touch. I was thinking of trying to get fem cut biking gear as well but that would set me back more than I can afford right now.

That is a beautiful bike, I was looking at those as well when I bought my bike but I simply couldn't afford it and I was unable to get finance on a second hand one.

Sorry to hear about your eye sight. I think if I had to stop riding I would turn into an empty body, a husk. I wrote my bike off April last year due to pedestrians crossing wherever they want and not caring to look for bikers, and was without a bike for a month and a half. That was the most depressed, angry and sad I have felt in my life. I simply loath driving a car and public transport just doesn't fit my loner personality.

Love

Lyn

• Admin

It's funny, but I have always heard that football players in the U.S. sometimes wear hose for warmth when playing in really cold weather. I would have thought it would work well. :dunno:

I wore pantyhose under my suit clothes for a while, in my CDing days. It sure felt nice. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Maybe I am not layering enough of them over one another, it's not a problem though, the gentle feeling alone keeps me all warm on the inside hahaha, I just defrost by power walking into the office, straight into the kitchen, and then groping the percolated coffee pot. Coffee now has another reason for being the first thing I need in the morning.

Love

Lyn

Guest Eve Caillard

I use 60-70 denier hold ups for underdressing in the cooler months. Try thicker tights or these. Much better protection and still that lovely feeling!

Eve

Guest KatyDesire

There used to be a story that the motorcycle cops here wore tights in winter under their uniforms. I don't know how true that is - I never looked. But you don't get much more macho than that!

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

My father actually told me about the hose thing. He wore it while he was in the army and was stationed in cold locations and had shift work or something like that. My dad isn't exactly a feminine guy and he still wore it... now that I think about it that could be funny to witness. A gorrila in tights lol.

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

I bought myself two set of tights, they have a wool sort of material on the inside so I think they might be warm enough, and I tried one of them to work today. Huge difference, I hardly felt the cold this morning. They aren't as light as the nylons but they also feel incredibly nice. I think I still need to see if I can find some that are for longer individuals as I struggle to get these up all the way, but these will work just fine.

• Forum Moderator

Lyn

They sound like the fleece lined tights I mentioned - very cosy. I wish I knew about them in my earlier days on a bike!

Tracy x

Guest (S)hE-W0lf

Heya Tracy

I suspect these are the tights you spoke of yes, I am just not exactly sure if it is fleece lining them, they are cosy though.

Thank you for the advice again.