• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nevada transgender lady wins GOP race

Bulldog1948

Guest Kalie Aowynn

Now this will be a trend setter as she is leading the way for others to follow. This is so totally awesome.Thanks for sharing Bulldog.

• Admin

Wow, now that's unexpected. Very cool. Still not sure I would vote for her, but I can still admire her. :thumbsup:

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I won't vote for her,------------------------- I live in California!!

• Forum Moderator

I wish i could. Wish she had run for Gov against Christe! It would be lovely to have a trans governor who is a moderate and not a wacko bully.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Well, Ohio's govneror's race is off and running. Looks like it may get a little nasty- lotta big money interests and Kasich is a money man. But, as far as I know there aren't any trans canidates running for any govt. offices here.

Guest LizMarie

Lauren Scott lives in a very unusual county. That same county GOP also has removed language about abortion and about same sex marriage from the GOP county platform. That's one small county in Nevada. For comparison, I suggest looking at the GOP state party platform in Texas, about 180 degrees the other direction, anti-gay, anti-trans, and even has conspiracy theory language about UN agendas in it. Or check the Tennessee state GOP platform. Or the Georgia one. Or the Alabama one. Or especially the Mississippi or Louisiana ones.

I was impressed to see her win that nomination but I wonder what she'll do if the national party in 2016 adopts an openly anti-trans position? If she thinks she can change the GOP from within, I'd ask her to go talk to the Log Cabin Republicans and ask them how that 40 year process is going.

Guest ashleynikole

One of the reasons I will never be part of a party is both of the majors have things in their platform I oppose so I can't agree with either party. Then again, I'm the person who votes for the candidate that most matches my personal beliefs, who is most like me and would govern like I would govern. I have yet to see one of my candidates ever make it into office but at least I can hold my head high that I never put an idiot there...hahaha.

• Forum Moderator

I am a party member simply because it gives me a chance to try and get a better candidate. I think it helps.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

It is heartening and a good sign no matter where it is happening.

Politics here have been really nasty but the influx of massive funds for campains has helped the state financially anyway.

One candidate for attorneu general starts her ad by saying "I am a gun carrying, pro-life God fearing conservative woman". Though she is on her way to the hearts of this state with the rest of that statement that last word is likely to preclude her election. Sigh. A good thing for a bad reason

Both parties have ads that specifically state their dedication to "traditional Arkansas values". Yeah-those values have kept Arkansas last or next to last in personal income, in the bottom on education and quality of life. In the top in drpression though we did fall to 5 in obesity we ran among the top in gun violence, drug use and violence against women. We have a higher crime rate in some of our cities than Detroit and pooer health than some third world countries. All because of those much extolled Arkansas values. Maybe it's time someone raised some questions about them. But it isn't happening this year for sure.

It'll be awhile before there is a trans candidate in Arkansas. Or an LGBT one at all for that matter.

And yet in one of the more conservative areas of this uber conservative state I have been accepted after transition. Strange world. But not all bad. And it is changing for the better too.

Johnny

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 167 Guests (See full list)

• MaeBe
    • Ashley0616
    • JaySee88
    • missyjo
    • Betty K
    • KathyLauren
    • VickySGV
    • Maddee
    • MaryEllen