• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Adam Lambert

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

:D This is an intersting Topic because it is about a new public figure, but one whom is rather new in the public eye. He is somewhat open to public review, but is still a person who deserves respect and consideration in our comments. I wish to place him here in theis Forum for comments and discussion because I think he represents something new and good in the public eye, a performer who presents as androgyne.

He is not the first, David Bowie is another who comes to mind, Annie Lenoix is another example. But Adam Lambert does not stretch his apparent ambiguety to the limits like Alice Cooper, Freddy Mercury or even Steve Tyler, to mention a few male examples.

In my opinion, his presentation is an expression of himself, not theatrics so much, although his background is in the theater.

Adam Lambert seems very comfotable in his own skin. :P

I think he speaks well of the younger generation's tendancy into the androgyne or gender neutral way of living. He is a great contributer to the understanding of us truly gender dysphoric - perhaps showing we aren't so 'dysphoric' after all.

Would it not be a better world with more of this gender freedom in it?

Opinions? :rolleyes:

Guest Adam_Mazur

i actually watched his clip from last nights american idol and before he began to sing the boy screamed gay in my eyes but my best friend is creaming over here cause she is totally in love with him. so yeah he is a wonderful beautiful boy he is

Guest Kelly Ann

erm Alice Cooper was totally hetro Liz...his drummer was a complete monster with advanced martial arts training. When I was a youngster in Detroit they'd play the Grande or Eastown Theater, Cobo Hall ect and then go out to some of the seediest places and tear the bar up...can you even imagine a bunch in lame kicking booty on a bunch of Detroit Degenerates...well they did. penis Wagner of the Frost went on to play with Lou Reed for years, may still, and did an anathemic intro to Sweet Jane on a live album. He used to be the same way with the Frost. Tourista facts from the fun filled Murder, erm, Motor City :blink: Kelly Ann

Guest Kelly Ann

LOL I am sooo backwards sometimes...I think Adam is ripping and the blonde with the pink in her hair has a great voice and moves as well. Haven't seen too much but they've both drawn me out of the Kelly Kave back here to see what the wonderful sounds were.

Guest Elizabeth K
erm Alice Cooper was totally hetro Liz...his drummer was a complete monster with advanced martial arts training. When I was a youngster in Detroit they'd play the Grande or Eastown Theater, Cobo Hall ect and then go out to some of the seediest places and tear the bar up...can you even imagine a bunch in lame kicking booty on a bunch of Detroit Degenerates...well they did. penis Wagner of the Frost went on to play with Lou Reed for years, may still, and did an anathemic intro to Sweet Jane on a live album. He used to be the same way with the Frost. Tourista facts from the fun filled Murder, erm, Motor City :blink: Kelly Ann

WOW Kelly Ann - you know some stuff! I thought 'tourisa' was when you drank the water and... never mind. And I resent your trying to take away the murder capital bragging right from my beloved New Orleans - where no tourist is too poor to mug, no local is too seedy to sell drugs to... oops - there goes my CofC best citizen award for 2009.

Yes - Alice Cooper took a swing at social conventions with his make-up. I am not claiming ANYONE I mention is heterosexual, bisexual, homesexual, whatever. I am suggesting "gender blending" or an androgynous look seems to be a new trend.

• 3 months later...
Guest My_Genesis

bit late lol - i dont visit this area of the forum much :P

but - androgynous? i thought he was just a gay dude.. ? and before that became official..well i have terrible gaydar with guys ^^ so i just saw him as a guy (didnt see much gay-ness in him...and i never saw anything androgynous about his appearance.) i mean hes worn nail polish and i think also eye liner once in awhile, but a lot of guys with that musical style do that...i dunno if that's really cosidered an androgyne look. or maybe it is and, like you said, it's the cool thing to do now.

but yeah people like annie lenox went a lot further with it....

i know the lead singers of blue october and papa roach also wear eye liner so..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • MAN8791
    • MaeBe
    • christinakristy2021
    • Ashley0616
    • MomTGDaughter
    • RaineOnYourParade