• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Chased Out Of The Boys Bathroom :p

Guest Keane

Guest Keane

Too lazy to type it all back out, heres a copy/paste :D

Keane : i went into the boys bathroom at school witth my friend

Keane : i wore a hoodie to gover up my chest

Keane : but apparently i didnt pass....

Keane : my friend wasnt going to wait for me anymore so he was walking into the bathroom himself and two guys came out

Keane : i went in with him

Keane : it was empty for about 10 seconds and a guy came in to pee and when he was standing at the urinal doing his thing his head was turned the whole time to just stare at me

Keane : all we were doing was washing our hands and i didnt make eye contact with anyone but my friend the whole time

Keane : i just watched out of my peripheral vision

Keane : then this black guy came in and he was like "HEEEEELLLLL NAW SHAWTY! why you in the boys baffroom?"

Keane : and i said "cuz i am a boy" and we were beginning to walk out

Gabriel Jude: wow!!!! that's intense

Keane : the guy like ran out with some other guy that came in with him after us and they were yelling say "NAAAAW shawty you gay as hell!"

Keane : and i tried not to laugh

Keane : i was scared

Gabriel Jude: i would have been scared too.

Gabriel Jude: i'm way too scared to go into the mens bathroom yet.

Keane : ill only go with someone with me.... im not ready to pee in there yet :]

Gabriel Jude: lol

Keane : in my art class i told a friend that im out to and i asked what if this guy that hasnt been to art in like a week had seen me in the bathroom and he said "yeah, he prolly wouldve raped you XD" or he would never ever let go of it

Keane : and the black dude from the bathroom followed me

Keane : he saw me when he was near a water fountain with my friend and even though i didnt look at him directly in the bathroom i knew it was him...... he followed me and was singing randomly and i ran up the stairs.......... *shivers*

Gabriel Jude: wow

Keane : im gonna be on my toes all day tomorrow

Gabriel Jude: good haha

Keane : im scared

Guest Zabrak

I hate to say this but there are bad people out there that sit around waiting to make fun of people any chance they get. You have to be careful.

Guest MysteryGuy
I hate to say this but there are bad people out there that sit around waiting to make fun of people any chance they get. You have to be careful.

I agree. I have serious bathroom anxiety issues. The state I am in (I won't reveal, but it's one of those states where you just NEVER know what is going to happen), even had a *church* try to make it so, transgendered or transsexuals can't go into the restroom that they believe they belong in. They made the argument that no man(wrongfully and blatantly dissing mtfs) belongs in the girls room and even had commercials portraying a 'regular' guy going into the women's room after a little girl enters it.

The video is all over youtube...it goes something like this: a little girl is playing on the playground and she has to use the restroom, so she goes. Then maybe one minute later a guy approaches the bathroom door, looks around and heads in.

I was highly irate when I saw this commercial. I was very peed, very angry and then saddened. Mtfs are NOT sexual predators and it isn't fair that people do the things that they do. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to curse, but it really did make me so DAMNED mad.

Not only did it make me angry, my anxiety about going to the restrooms got worst. Quite frankly, sometimes I would rather urine my pants than even bother going to a restroom. I do seek out unisex restrooms and family restrooms, but those are scarce.

Right now being in the midst of transition, I only pass as male 75% of the time: sometimes because of my huge moobs, I just do not pass.

As a transperson of color, I can definitely tell you---a lot of black men and hispanic men are already insecure: that WHO I am, is a threat to them. I know this because it has been VERY rare that I encounter someone of color who hasn't shown how threatened they feel. I am not saying ALL persons of color are like this, my father for instance, very accepting, loving...and encourages me to just be me. He's a CONFIDENT guy, as is my best friend Michael, who is hispanic-we went to private christian school together and he has been very supportive also. They are also not threatened by gay men or women who were born in the wrong body: they accept and understand it and treat individuals in general no matter WHO or what they are with respect.

Statistics has shown though: through many research and studies that MORE people of color feel threatened by something or someone who isn't like them.

No, I am not ashamed of my heritage: I am proud to be a person of color. Just sometimes I wish: that the very people who experienced such hatred at one point or another, would keep that in mind, before repeating these things.

I can only speak of my experiences, I know not all black and hispanic people are ignorant. Same with anyone white, or asian....every race has it's good seeds, misguided seeds and bad seeds...*shrug*.

Sometimes I do let fear, dictate my actions. I am working on that, but sometimes you just got to be careful. Because the ignorance in this world...sucks.

Guest Little Sara
I agree. I have serious bathroom anxiety issues. The state I am in (I won't reveal, but it's one of those states where you just NEVER know what is going to happen), even had a *church* try to make it so, transgendered or transsexuals can't go into the restroom that they believe they belong in. They made the argument that no man(wrongfully and blatantly dissing mtfs) belongs in the girls room and even had commercials portraying a 'regular' guy going into the women's room after a little girl enters it.

The video is all over youtube...it goes something like this: a little girl is playing on the playground and she has to use the restroom, so she goes. Then maybe one minute later a guy approaches the bathroom door, looks around and heads in.

I was highly irate when I saw this commercial. I was very peed, very angry and then saddened. Mtfs are NOT sexual predators and it isn't fair that people do the things that they do. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to curse, but it really did make me so DAMNED mad.

Not only did it make me angry, my anxiety about going to the restrooms got worst. Quite frankly, sometimes I would rather urine my pants than even bother going to a restroom. I do seek out unisex restrooms and family restrooms, but those are scarce.

Right now being in the midst of transition, I only pass as male 75% of the time: sometimes because of my huge moobs, I just do not pass.

As a transperson of color, I can definitely tell you---a lot of black men and hispanic men are already insecure: that WHO I am, is a threat to them. I know this because it has been VERY rare that I encounter someone of color who hasn't shown how threatened they feel. I am not saying ALL persons of color are like this, my father for instance, very accepting, loving...and encourages me to just be me. He's a CONFIDENT guy, as is my best friend Michael, who is hispanic-we went to private christian school together and he has been very supportive also. They are also not threatened by gay men or women who were born in the wrong body: they accept and understand it and treat individuals in general no matter WHO or what they are with respect.

Statistics has shown though: through many research and studies that MORE people of color feel threatened by something or someone who isn't like them.

No, I am not ashamed of my heritage: I am proud to be a person of color. Just sometimes I wish: that the very people who experienced such hatred at one point or another, would keep that in mind, before repeating these things.

I can only speak of my experiences, I know not all black and hispanic people are ignorant. Same with anyone white, or asian....every race has it's good seeds, misguided seeds and bad seeds...*shrug*.

Sometimes I do let fear, dictate my actions. I am working on that, but sometimes you just got to be careful. Because the ignorance in this world...sucks.

I heard about this sort of campaign. Not in my shower is it? Religious right tyring to turn down gender identity protections that already exist, because of fear-mongering and misinformation.

Here in Canada, its protected, meaning, I don't need a carry letter to enter the women's room, and never did. No one thought I should have one either. Our rate of sexual predators or rapes in bathrooms are probably the same as in the US though - meaning its not even a factor at all.

Guest Crossroads

I'm agreeing with everyone on this. Even though it's wrong, this kind of thing CAN and DOES happen. I was just watching the Gwen Aroujo story again last night. She was beat for 5 hours, strangled, and then hidden by some young men she knew who found out about her unfortunate situation. Every time I see this movie, it strikes a cord with me. This is the first time I've seen it since I decided to transition, and it made me think really hard. It made me reaffirm to myself, this isn't a game. I have to do this, but there are definite risks.

This is serious and scary stuff. It's great to be able to go into the bathroom that we identify with, but I think that anytime you have to blatantly say you are male, you should be careful, especially in a cooped up place like a bathroom. Keane, I think you pass rather well. But please be careful. Wait until you are really confident in yourself (hopefully you won't need a hoodie then) to put yourself in dangerous situations.

I actually went into the boys bathroom at school for the first time (after hours) last night, and for the first time (during school) today. It was very liberating.

The thing is, people who think of me as a female are only, at most, half sure cuz they've heard from their friends. I'm lucky enough to not have this problem, seeing as I use men's bathrooms all the time.

But, I'm very sorry, Keane.

Just another trans issue that can be chalked up to ignorance.

If only the schools would make a serious effort to educate people about us and dispell the common misconceptions.

And the guy that said that you weren't a guy but assumed that you were 'gay' is more than one taco short of a combination platter.

If a girl is in the boy's room - she isn't gay, she's a nympho or a filth fetishist, completely different things! :lol:

Be careful and know that intelligent people love and understand you,

Sally

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Keane
I'm agreeing with everyone on this. Even though it's wrong, this kind of thing CAN and DOES happen. I was just watching the Gwen Aroujo story again last night. She was beat for 5 hours, strangled, and then hidden by some young men she knew who found out about her unfortunate situation. Every time I see this movie, it strikes a cord with me. This is the first time I've seen it since I decided to transition, and it made me think really hard. It made me reaffirm to myself, this isn't a game. I have to do this, but there are definite risks.

This is serious and scary stuff. It's great to be able to go into the bathroom that we identify with, but I think that anytime you have to blatantly say you are male, you should be careful, especially in a cooped up place like a bathroom. Keane, I think you pass rather well. But please be careful. Wait until you are really confident in yourself (hopefully you won't need a hoodie then) to put yourself in dangerous situations.

I want to see that movie, is it online somewhere?

Thankfully im ordering my binder, so that might help some :D how well does my voice pass? the pattern of it, not neccessarily the pitch, im working on the pitch.

I'm in a library right now and this security guard thought I'm only 13. I look older as a girl, maybe I passed as a boy :D

I'm not gonna go into the bathroom at school for a while cuz this guy that keeps bugging me would flip if he saw me, by some miracle of chance.

Just another trans issue that can be chalked up to ignorance.

If only the schools would make a serious effort to educate people about us and dispell the common misconceptions.

And the guy that said that you weren't a guy but assumed that you were 'gay' is more than one taco short of a combination platter.

If a girl is in the boy's room - she isn't gay, she's a nympho or a filth fetishist, completely different things! :lol:

Be careful and know that intelligent people love and understand you,

Sally

Haha, thanks Sally :]

I'm gonna print out "X: a Fabulous child's story" for my english teacher and maybe he'll do a lesson on it.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I'm not a fan of public bathrooms! Back when my driver's license said "female", I felt safe to use the women's room...even when I got funny looks. Now that I've gotten my ID changed over to say "male" I feel like I have a right to be in the men's restroom and feel very out of place in the women's restroom. The thing is that, in reality, I'm scared to go to either one. :(

Yes, my ID will back me up if I have an issue in the men's room. It's just that I know I'm not passing 100%, or even 80% of the time. I'm really around maybe 70% passing, on a good day. On campus, that rate drops to 50% or less. The unfortunate thing is that I am in a place right now where I don't consistently pass as either gender.

All I want to do is go to the bathroom! Why does it have to be so complicated?

Guest sphere

I generally avoid public restrooms because of this reason.

I'm very androgynous looking, so if I do need to pee, I just waltz into whatever bathroom's closest by without paying attention to which one it is LOL. The most I've gotten though were weird looks, which happens every time I go into a women's public restroom.

Once in fifth grade I went into a girl's restroom and a bunch of girls ran out screaming "AAAHH IT'S A BOY OMG!!!!" I laughed so hard. xDD It was a bit embarrassing though.

I'm pretty good about holding my bladder so it's not often that I have the public restroom issue. Nonetheless, it's annoying how complicated a simple thing like taking a wizz can be so complicated and argh. :/