• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How quickly/much do boobs grow on HRT?

Guest silly-lily

Guest silly-lily

I hope this is the appropriate forum to post this in! I tried looking around and this seemed the one that fit best.

I'm considering starting HRT soon but it'd be best if I could hide it for the next 10 months at my job and from my family, who I live with.

I'd love to start as soon as possible, but the priority's on neither place knowing about it until 10 months from now. My family knows I'm trans but I don't want to tell them this because I might get fired.

Anywho, this is all to see how much time would pass before breast growth would be too noticeable to hide both at work and at home. I know everyone's body chemistry and genes are different, but I'd appreciate some sort of approximation, as Googling hasn't helped much. How long did it take you from starting HRT to the point where hiding your boobs was basically impossible?

Thanks for helping! :)

Guest April63

I don't have person experience, but from what I've seen on the board, it typically takes a few years for them to grow out fully (same as natal women). You'll probably have size similar to that of your sisters or mother. I believe most people do not have anything more than an A or B cup after ten months, so you should porbably be able to conceal it fairl well. Sports bras will probably help too.

April

Guest Jamiexo

Really like you said depends on your genes, and body functions. Ive heard of girls that grow B cups by the 4th month, then there are girls like me who could probably take off their shirt at a beach after a year of hormones and no one could ever tell. It really just depends. Really the only factor that you might be able to gage is by looking at your mom's boob size or preferably your sister if you have one and if you can remember how fast she developed. That is really the only real way to get a semi accurate guess. but other than that there is no real good way to tell, as far as I know.....

• Admin

If you are NOT going around the house with your shirt off, 10 months is unlikely to get you outed on HRT.

Your first development is going to be your nipples and the size of the areola (the coloring around the nipple), and also the breast outline will become more circular than deltoid. You may gain some tissue behind the nipple, but most of this will happen after maybe a year.

Bathrobes after a shower will help you keep privacy and body modesty over the developing parts. Start now if this has not been your habit in the past. A bigger give away will be drastic changes in your behavior around the house. I too have heard wild stories about the girls who develop in two or three months, but AAA to me can be their C to brag about. At 5 years HRT I am a borderline C, but still wear a B cup bra.

• Forum Moderator

It has bee about two years for me at this point. I would certainly cause comments at the beach if i tried to pass as a male without a shirt. At 10 months i might have made it and would have been fine with a t-shirt. You might also want to talk to your doctor about this issue.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest lostflower

It takes between 2-5 years for full breast growth to happen but YMMV on exactly how long it will take before the girls are noticeable

It's almost impossible to predict how big they'll be and how quickly they'll get there with any certainty your female relatives might give you a ballpark estimate but it is again not entirely reliable I've been on HRT since December 2011 and even though my mum has about C or D sized boobs I'm barely an A cup but I figured that would be the case from the beginning I've always been skinny

Even if my boobs stay the size they are I don't mind I quite like my girls being small and my girlfriend really likes them regardless of what size they are

Hannah

Guest silly-lily

Yeah, my mum might have small B/A so I probably won't grow too much. It's just that I'd read some of the 'wild stories' Vicky refers to and though I'd love to have big boobs, I was a little worried they'd grow too much too quickly.

Guest LizMarie

Short answer - nobody knows, not even you. Your genes are similar to your mother's but you carry genes from your father too. How all those are going to interact can't really be predicted by science yet. And, as others noted, it normally takes many years for breasts to develop fully. If you think about it, natal females start developing breasts at 12-13 years old and it continues often to the early twenties, though most of that growth happens with a few years inside that window. Likewise, you'll need to be patient.

Guest PaulaP

As most of the replies state, there's no way of foretelling your growth. In ten months, just wearing a regular T shirt, it was obvious I had female type boobs. They didn't do much after that tho'.

Guest KerryUK

I think you must be getting the hint by now Lily :lol: . Nobody can foretell what will happen to your body on hormones - only time can tell.

I'm 13 1/2 months on HRT now and mine are still quite sore/tender (started one week after starting on hormones and the tenderness has varied since then but is still there). I seem to be having another 'growth spurt' at the moment because my 'girls' are much more tender. My current bras are 'full' and I think it's a matter of time before I need to replace them. Currently I'm a definite A cup - soon to be B I think.

Guest Sarah1967

I'm a little over 13 1/2 months I'm a small B cup and they are getting hard to hide in guy mode with a XL shirt. But they are not as sore as they were a month ago the soreness comes an goes They will be getting sore again after I have my injection this evening.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deenah

It took me about a year before I HAD to wear a shirt all the time. Now if I wore just a shirt. OMG not a good idea. There not big, but after almost 22 months I have to wear a bra.

So many factors come in play. Best thing to do is. WAIT.

Guest amanda_s

I have been on hrt since October 1 of 2013 at about 4.5 months i was a a cup they have been quite for a while they drove me nuts in January always itchy and tender then quite i figure i'm in the clam before the next grow spur when ever that happens. for the first time in my life i don't feel wrong i smile when i get out of the shower but walk around topless even thought its aloud in Ontario Canada. but mainly the idea of my dad seeing my breasts just does not sit well with me funny how time can change things lol

• Admin

This is a warning given with gentle humor, but pain and soreness are not the only sensations your new growths will experience. I have been through a couple of periods when they became unnervingly ticklish, and another one where the slightest touch was so darn erotic I could not think right for a while. I think those stages were almost worse than the growing pains!!

Guest otter-girl

Vicky, mine feel like they are on fire all the time. Started around 4 weeks. A kind of burning sensation and nipples are really tender. A proper ouch if I bump into anything. Maybe a small change in shape/size at 8weeks but I was on Finasteride for a year before hand which probably cut some T levels. Currently between an A and AA.

Hugs

Rachel

Guest amanda_s

VickySVG i want this " I have been through a couple of periods when they became unnervingly ticklish, and another one where the slightest touch was so darn erotic I could not think right for a while" having no labeto this would be so nice lol

This is a warning given with gentle humor, but pain and soreness are not the only sensations your new growths will experience. I have been through a couple of periods when they became unnervingly ticklish, and another one where the slightest touch was so darn erotic I could not think right for a while. I think those stages were almost worse than the growing pains!!

<giggle> from experience. :blush:

The train is on its way amanda_s.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

This is a warning given with gentle humor, I have been through a couple of periods when they became unnervingly ticklish, and another one where the slightest touch was so darn erotic I could not think right for a while.

Me too, but I hope it never stops! My problem is my high beams showing, even through some padded bras. I kid that I can't go into hardware stores for fear of being arrested of suspicion stealing drill bits! Hug. JodyAnn

Correction to my earlier ramblings above.

The boob development takes a long time. :blink:

The stalled bobette development however happens quite early. :blush:

Thanx for the reminder JodyAnn.<giggle>

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest LizMarie

Over 22 months now of HRT and I've been a solid A cup for a good while but we began progesterone 2 weeks ago and I'm already seeing noticeable changes, including changes to the areola and an increase in nipple size. I'm not complaining but something is definitely up!

Let's all send pictures! LOL! Just Kidding!!!

I did find a really find a really prettty top at the thrift store for $2, I would love to show it off. Any excuse is a good one. But alas, I can't send photos from my phone. It is a hassle just to post at all.

Ok Jody what's your point? While you are blossuming you can still find clothes to accentuate your girlish figure. We all get there in due time. Hug. Jody