• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Have Not Purged For Nearly Four Years- So Proud.

Guest Roberta-Belinda

Guest Roberta-Belinda

In the middle of my wonderful dressing session over the weekend it occurred to me that I have not purged for nearly for years. During my crossdressing life I have purged many times. However, it all stopped a few years back. Now my wardrobe and my drawers consist of skirts , dresses and tights that I bought over three years ago and have not thrown one item away. I really am proud. I have to say that money has been tight in recent years and my wardrobe consists of clothes bought in some of the cheaper stores. It could be better, my wardrobe is not extensive but at least I have more than a few choices. I think back to how silly it was to purge. It's the age old story, guilt feelings come in to play and I think that throwing away lovely clothes would stop the urge to dress. It only led to more frustration. Being without femme clothes for months would drive me mad. I invariably succumbed by being so frustrated I would have to ring my work place ring in ask for a day off and would go into Cardiff city centre and buy loads of tights and a few nice skirts and dresses and shoes. History would repeat itself time after time, I would go home wear the clothes have a load of fun and after a the session was over guilt would creep in and I would have to take another day off to dump the clothes. What a foolish waste of money.

I really think I am over it. It has paid off in spades, I very rarely have guilt feelings now. My wife knows about my dressing she is not one hundred per cent happy about it but has turned a blind eye to I know she will never leave me. As she has to look after her elderly Mother at the weekend I am often alone for the greater part of the weekend. I miss her but on the other hand my dressing sessions are extended and I have never felt so wonderful in my life when I am fully dressed as Belinda. When I put the clothes away in the wee small hours, I know I can return to my femme wardrobe and be the Woman I have always desired to be, for a while anyway.

Congratulations Roberta-Belinda. :thumbsup::welldone:

The savings must be adding up for more clothing. Purging is certainly hard on the finances.

I hope you get more additions to your wardrobe this way.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest Wanda Michelle

That's great news! You should be proud. I've done the purge thing like you many times. Let me tell you, wigs are not cheap. I've thrown out several over the years. I was ready to purge again last winter but luckily I found Laura's. I keep all my things and now I don't feel guilty. It's nice to know there are other girls like me. Thanks to all you girls!

Hugs, :)

Wanda

• Forum Moderator

That is wonderful. I think back on some of the outfits i've lost. Glad that stopped for me as well. Oddly now that i'm living as myself full time now i have not only purged the guy stuff but also some of the outfits that i would never wear now. I was glad to have enough of a collection to have choices i could wear day to day. My wife was curious about how i had collected so much but time and obsession finds a way.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest KatyDesire

My feeling is that it doesn't matter if the stuff is cheap, as long as it looks good. In my case, at least, it doesn't get hard wear!

I don't think there is anyone who hasn't purged, and then ultimately felt sorry about doing it. Fortunately, most of the stuff I got rid of was really inappropriate, But there were a few good outfits that I'm sorry about. Now I don't purge. Problem is that I still have a bunch of stuff that I should get rid of, just because it makes me look even worse than usual, but I have now gone the other way! So when I open the closet, everything kind of just jumps out at me. But this is saving me money, because I know I don't have space for anything else!

Hugs to all.

:wub:

Guest Roberta-Belinda

As my closet space is a bit limited. I think I will have to throw away a few blouses and skirts that I don't wear anymore just to make way for some new purchases. I definitely want to buy some more tights for the winter. I love to see the new hosiery fashions on online stores.

Guest actuarylilium

Good for you Belinda! I'm just beginning to understand that cross-dressing is nothing to be ashamed of, or feel guilty about. Far from it, it makes us feel happier and more at peace with ourselves. To have not purged for so long shows you understand this far better than me! I hope that I will have a streak like this one day :)

I'm sure you have a lot of clothing choices having stocked up over the years! I bet you look beautiful :)

Lots of love and hugs, Lily xxx

Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Belinda

That's great for you. Being new to cross-dressing I learnt of purging before I got there. So when I needed to have a clear out, I bagged the clothes I was not so hot on and put them in the loft. I know now I need no shame - I'll E-bay or pass to charity those I really do not want. I've certainly felt the urge to purge for emotional reasons. It seems the cross-dressing urge comes and goes, and purging is in the "low" period. Well, I decided no purging. Even though I had an urge to rid myself of cross-dressing I knew deep down it would never change. So I did not purge. I love my clothes but I'll store them for the time being.

Gad you 'saw the light'"

Hugs Eve

• 4 weeks later...

I had purged many times myself. Not just clothes but make-up, underwear, and even hormones!

Eventually i started storing my stuff instead of purging because even though i gave it up at the time, i felt it was there if i had a relapse.

I suppose it still is that way come to think of it.

I got lots of stuff that I have not purged! ?