• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sobriety Check Point Fun --

VickySGV

• Admin

I had been out in Palmdale CA seeing some TG friends before I go back east next week and just to have fun, I was wearing my new PURPLE wig, that I think looks cute on me. I had driven about 55 of the 75 miles home when I had a near miss as some person made a totally wacked out lane change in front of me to get to an off ramp. A message board a few hundred feet away had the message "Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving" on it.

I made 18 of the remaining 20 without incident, and got off the freeway on the ramp closest to my home and found myself in a line of cars that began a few hundred feet down the street. Sure enough, there were high luminosity lights glaring down on the pavement and traffic was narrowed to one lane out of 3, and a couple of left turn bays were closed off. I get to a temporary STOP sign, and ___

"Hi miss, this is a Sobriety and Drivers license check point." "Oh you have your license out, thank you, -- do you still live on <address>?" Grinning "Yes it is!" "When was the last alcoholic drink you had?" "Five years and 10 months ago!!" <"Oh" and a grin from him/> Second look and second grin!!

The officer was grinning at me the whole time, and he was cute. Sobriety does make things much nicer for this old girl.

A happy and safe Labor Day to all of you.

Guest otter-girl

Nice interactions with others, especially with people in authority positions always gives me hope. Anyway a near miss is as good as a mile in the journey of life. Have a fine Labour Day

Hugs

Rachel.

• Forum Moderator

It is lovely to have all your ducks in a row, especially when wearing a purple wig. I have yet to be stopped and a sobriety checkpoint would be lovely. Like you i can name the date i had my last drink (it wasn't yesterday) and it is also lovely that my license matches my reality. All i need is a purple wig. At this point my driving is probably better having some time sober but i'm still as subject as any of us is to the person whose judgement isn't what it should be. Please drive carefully.

• Forum Moderator

Hwy 14 down that hill toward LA is a rat race for sure. I've seen many driving antics go on there.

So nice when your ID matches who you are !

C -

It's funny Vicky

But I've never been stopped at a sobriety check stop or even pulled over for crappy driving, but I arrested more than my share of drunk drivers many years ago. I love sober drivers. I've lost friends and family to drunk driving. It's a hard thing do do but I applaud you Vicky for finding better way to live.. A lot of folks in our community turn to drugs and alcohol to dull the pain that is so frequently a part ofthe lives of our Trans brothers and sisters.

Now that the weight of all that pain has been lifted from our shoulders, it's so much fun to find other pursuits in life.

On another note this hotel is SUPPOST to be NON-SMOKING. One of my neighbors didn't read that memo. Hotels!!! Little Japanese guy out in the hallway talking on the phone. Now I get to sleep in an ash tray. Kathy

Guest sweetcharlene41

Been sober for 26 years now, A. A. was the best thing that ever happened to me, I probably be dead now, been pulled over so many times lost count. Then a short stint behind bar's made me realize, that I had lost control of my life, my wife hated me and so did my kid's, thank god they never found out I'm a cross dresser, that would have been the end of our marriage. anyway best thing that ever happened, thanks for listening, hugs to all

Reminds me of a time one year ago when I was yawning at a stoplight near my house. Had just returned from a day trip to the big city with friends and was almost home. Bumped the car in front. No apparent damage but he asked me to pull over and wait for a cop...took a half hour.... Longest half hour of my life since it was the first time dealing with LEO's en femme. I was quite sober and was treated with respect by the other driver, who looked like a bearded 25 yo redneck, and by the officer who took my male ID. Go figure... No drama at all.... I guess the world is becoming a better place for us!

Michelle

Guest Amber L.

I stopped a car with three ladies in it several years ago for speeding. I asked the driver for her license and registration which she produced, for some reason they were giggling, but I had no idea why. It was very late and I did not look at her license until I got pack in my patrol car. Well once I looked at the license I understood what all the giggling was about. Ms. was Mr. It was late so I just gave them a warning. When I returned to the car I returned the license and information to the driver and I told the ladies to be careful and have a safe night. They all three were still giggling as they drove off. I stood there and watched them leave, and I thought to myself as a smile came on my face. If they only knew. Amber L

• Admin

Amber -- my last traffic ticket 15 years ago was while I was CDing, and still had "his" ID. My wig had hidden the sign that said "NO LEFT TURN". I was treated courteously, but I got the ticket and had to go to the court clerk, twice, and traffic school as "him", darn it. It's off all records but the one that matters most, my brain, What a night you had with the GIRLZ.