• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"Transparent" Review

Carolyn Marie

Maybe cause it's i haven't watched all the episodes but I really didn't find it that good. The pacing is dreadfully slow, editing awkward, dialog the opposite of well-planned (it's ghat new "modern style" where actors just ramble because the director tells them to not follow the script),and the "comedy" is virtually nonexistent. And nothing about the character seems all that original-seems like the same tropes we've always seen.

And also for a "comedy" the show is quite depressing. Frankly, the show just gave me the vibe of trying to turn our experience into entertainment and thinks highly of itself because now trans rights are an "important issue".

I'm usually in the minority though so I'm sure most will like it.

Maybe cause it's i haven't watched all the episodes but I really didn't find it that good. The pacing is dreadfully slow, editing awkward, dialog the opposite of well-planned (it's ghat new "modern style" where actors just ramble because the director tells them to not follow the script),and the "comedy" is virtually nonexistent. And nothing about the character seems all that original-seems like the same tropes we've always seen.

And also for a "comedy" the show is quite depressing. Frankly, the show just gave me the vibe of trying to turn our experience into entertainment and thinks highly of itself because now trans rights are an "important issue".

I'm usually in the minority though so I'm sure most will like it.

lol...I think you make some good points...people tend to automatically say "oh how amazing!" to stuff like this because it hits on "important issues" of today...(like trans issues)....and I've said myself that I will watch almost anything if it has trans people or trans characters in it. I mean, I watched 2 seasons of orange is the new black hoping to see Laverne Cox get more screen time XD

I've only seen 2 episodes so far, but I guess I like it. The only thing I DONT like is the support group....seems like everyone in there is trying so desperatly to look like they care about whats going on....and I cant tell if its supposed to be a trans support group or a LGBT support group....also it seems kinda fake.

I just finished the 10 episodes that are out, and I thought it was pretty ok. There were definitely some funny parts for me, just seeing the awkward situations that the characters get themselves in. But I think after about the 3rd episode, it stopped being about Maura, and started being about the kids. But maybe it was about the 3 kids the whole time. So I am a little disappointed in that it didn't revolve around the trans person. Also, they had a small scene where they talk about hormones, but they don't even talk about seeing a doctor or endocrinologist, and in fact one character encouraged the "main" trans character to just take some hormone pills because "its not like it's crack". I mean, yeah, it's not crack, but I wish they would have talked about how hormones can be dangerous without blood tests....

Guest lingshen

I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but so far I do enjoy it. It is a 30 minute show so its expected for it to be a little bit slower paced. The story is about how Maura's coming out to her family affects everyone, so it makes sense to me that they would also spend time focusing on the lives of her children.

I'll post again once I've watched them all :)