• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Missouri birth certificate case filed pro se.

Guest Melissa~

Guest Melissa~

I wanted to state that I have successfully completed my case here in Missouri. It was filed 9/18/2014, with the help of internet sources to write my filings. Included entries were, the Petition, Medical Affirmation(a statement page then, exhibit 1, local Dr statement and exhibit 2, completion of SRS letter from Dr Bowers,) Proposed Judgement, Litigant awareness filing, a Summons for the Missouri Department of Vital records, proposed hearing, notarized certifications of the petition and hearings.

The Missouri Division of Vital records had their lawyer enter a statement of no contest and appearance, they did not actually send their lawyer to my hearing.

The hearing was scheduled at the end of the docket for 10/24/2014, the Judge actually seemed pleased with all the paperwork and noted the lack of response from the Missouri department of Vital Records. after minimal questions my proposed judgement was accepted and in now part of public record.

The change order was mailed to Vital Records on 10/24/2014 after court.

Total cost was $128. $98 was due for filing of my court case, $15 administrative fee for the Vital Records amendment, and $15 fee for a new birth certificate.

• Admin

Congratulations. I suppose I need to get busy and finish my BC off, ours is a little simpler out here in CA. I don't know why I am being lazy, but I am being lazy.

Guest aballofquestions

well done! I cant say I ever recommend someone go pro se but you really did your homework and got it all done. Its not easy really. very well done.

• Forum Moderator

A great job and i'm sure a relief and sense of accomplishment. Only bad part is how hard they made it to start with. The process should not be so difficult.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Melissa~

I had a certain level of anxiety at every step the last few years, including this case. This -is- the last item to be taken care of, I updated all other documents in the past. Missouri has a three part requirement on the birth certificate, 1 SRS is required, 2 a name change is a requirement, 3 then a separate court order specific to the sex marker on my birth certificate. I find the name change first requirement fascinating, to me it's nearly an equivalent to dressing a specific way, but it's straightforward to me anyhow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 123 Guests (See full list)

• April Marie
    • Willow
    • Betty K
    • RaineOnYourParade
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

LostAndForgotten
    Newest Member
    LostAndForgotten

1. Bddk
      Bddk
      (28 years old)
    2. Belladonnakarapinskia
      Belladonnakarapinskia
    3. Breanne_O
      Breanne_O
    4. Danielle57
      Danielle57
    5. ferh.li
      ferh.li
      (20 years old)
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Good morning :)   I have coffee today, but the cup keeps leaking (I guess the cap isn't able to fully seal or something), so I keep having to wipe up the sides lol   Almost finished all my missing work for school, which means if I do a bit more work, I should be out of trouble with my parents (not even that bad of trouble compared to when I was younger, more just an annoyance haha)
    • April Marie
      Sending good thoughts for you, Raine.
    • Birdie
      Good morning 😘   Finished packing up my kitchen and pantry for fumigation today. I also modified my backpack to make it day-centre compliant.  I was able to get almost 2 hrs sleep last night, so I'll survive. 😑
    • RaineOnYourParade
      I need to go back, hurts
    • KathyLauren
      I'll be going to some Pride events as a spectator.  Maybe marching in a parade if they have open participation.    The event we'd prefer to go to is held in a small town with a population of less than 600.  They have a parade through all three blocks of their downtown area.  Unfortunately, this year it is on the same day as a memorial service for a friend who passed away this winter, so we'll have to miss it.  So our second choice is a larger town, population about 9000, a bit farther away.    And we are keeping our eyes open for other events in the general area as they are announced.   I dress a bit flashier than normal, with some trans bling, such as rainbow or trans flag earrings, a trans symbol pendant, and a handheld trans flag to wave.  Political sentiment is turning against us, but public sentiment here is still strongly on our side, so getting out and showing the flag, both literally and figuratively, is important.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Only three missing assignments left 
    • Lydia_R
      I had that going on with my last two partners who were 20 years older than me.  One of them looked older for her age as well.  I remember a couple times being in the grocery store a decade ago and having people ask "can I help you ladies with something?" and then I'd turn around with my red beard.  Well before I started transitioning, but my partner knew I was trans back then.   I struggle with this as well.  My music and political career can have a masculine edge to it that I don't like.  It's been really frustrating lately.  I don't like pushing myself on others or telling people what to do.  I've been running a website for 25 years and have virtually never tried to promote it or even look at any analytics.  I don't want to push it on anyone.  I put what I have on it and make it publicly available.  It's part of my production process.  It keeps me sane and if someone else can find it useful, then I'm happy to share.
    • Lydia_R
      I'm curious, but then if I am true to myself, I have a hard time being in crowds.  I love hearing great music, but being in an audience is such a turnoff for me that I don't go to concerts or bars.  I'm just very much a producer.  I actually like doing the dishes more than going to concerts because it's an active thing.
    • Heather Shay
      Always an under appreciated musician..  
    • Heather Shay
      My therapist is trying a new tact. I've named my self protection self that ssays not eating or too much exercise because when I starting because oftrauma my protective self started and also at the time the name Shay came to me and is now part of my name.  It's not like having a split personality, just my primative self protection who is always there to help me. My therapist has Shay, me and him working as a team to assure her that I am safe and to start changing her role in my life so I protect me by eating right and exercising to maintain a heathy body. It is helping a little but we just started this a few weeks ago.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you believe in fate?
    • Heather Shay
      Another weird yet satisfying new week.
    • Heather Shay
      A person who is embarrassed feels shy, ashamed, or guilty about something. He looked a bit embarrassed. Synonyms: ashamed, upset, shamed, uncomfortable More Synonyms of embarrassed.
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.