• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Little Things, Baby Steps

Guest Sarah23510

Guest Sarah23510

Just wanted to tell someone....spent the day today (so far anyway) as a woman. Got up showered, dressed in just "normal" girl things....top, jeans, flats...a little makeup, my (awful) wig. Was such a nice and "normal" feeling to put on my bra and then lipstick....just did housework, laundry...then took a drive (very nervous). This may not seem like much but for this 59 yo, very closeted TG was a big step and more important made me feel nice, normal, happy...just wanted to tell someone!

Thanks.

Sarah

Guest aballofquestions

it is a very big step, its very important. take enough baby steps and youll walk a thousand miles so dont minimize it, just keep moving forward! Im happy for you!

Guest LesleyAnne

I can only speak for myself, and I can tell you that once you take a step towards your identity no matter how big, or small it magically makes you feel NORMAL!

Congratulations!

Congratulations on a wonderful day, Sarah.

As others have voiced. It is all in the baby steps. After a number of them you realize that you have made leaps and bounds towards your goal.

Keep it up. It does get easier with experience.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest Faith gibson

I've experienced those baby steps as well. Actually, not that long ago. It's amazing how fast they move forward if you let them and have some support. I have supporters here and with a trans support group.

I don't feel nervous at all now in a car and am spending whole days shopping and being around people.

I hope you get to feel some of those 'fantastically' good feelings as well.

I'm glad you told us about your day. All the best and hurry on to the next one :thumbsup:

Faith

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Sarah :)

Look forward to many more happy days!

Tracy x

Congratulations Sarah! I have been taking baby steps for a while, and have done some shopping in public as myself recently. It is so exciting, and yet scary at the same time. I am not very brave, but I am getting better with more experience. You will undoubtedly find it easier as you experience more time as yourself in public. Enjoy the journey, I am. :)

hugs,

Stephanie