• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I think I may be on the transgender spectrum?

Guest DazedAndConfused

Guest DazedAndConfused

Hi guys, Gina here! Lately I've been thinking I am on the transgender spectrum, but I'm not completely sure yet.

When I was younger I would dress very girly, in all pink and in skirts and such, doing my makeup and hair whenever I got the opportunity. Though as I grow older I'm becoming much more masculine than I used to be. Throughout middle school I would joke that I had an invisible penis on my forehead (don't ask...) because I felt as if I were missing a penis, but did not want to get rid of my vulva and vagina. (If that makes sense?) I have also always carried myself in a more masculine way, like how I walk and talk. I get along with males better, and have felt much more comfortable around them in my teenage years. When I was a toddler I was also into more "boy" associated things too, like car racing games, dinosaurs and such.

Now recently, I have had fairly bad body dysphoria, and its kind of driving me nuts. I have more and more days where I feel like I should have a penis, as well as a flat chest, and it almost physically hurts. Yesterday was my worst day I have ever had, and I felt like I was in the wrong skin, like I was a soul in some weird strange suit, which I have never before felt in my life...

So, in short, I am very confused. :( Is it common to experience this before realizing you're actually trans?

Thank you!

It certainly sounds like you are some where on the trans spectrum. It is a VERY LARGE RANGE of possibilities on the trans spectrum. HUGE. And no 2 people will occupy the same spot in the TG spectrum. All are unique, with nobody else being just like you are. You are you and what ever gender YOU feel like is only determined by YOU. You'll see it all over here at Lauras, the recomendation to see a gender therapist. They can help you find out just who you are and where exactly you are on the TG spectrum.

Welcome to Lauras. You'll find a whole lot of info here. Plenty of support from others that have been where you are now and can help you get to where you want to be. :)

Although being on the "other" end of the spectrum from yourself.

I spent a lifetime in confusion until I finally came out to myself.

I hope you will be able to come to terms much sooner, Gina.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

Guest Faith gibson

Hi,

I took a group of kids to a gender educational session last year but on by a center that supports gender diversity and learned so much about this myself. The girl that gave the talk was so good about explaining the spectrum and how everyone is somewhere along it, and everyone is capable of moving along that spectrum on a day to day basis. She also talked about the 'Genderbread Person' and how that fit into how all this worked.

My therapist, in the last session, read out the six criteria of gender dysphoria.

There is a lot to learn for sure. I am in that process myself. Just keep talking with people here and see a therapist, of course, that is what everyone says in necessary.

I think you probably know deep within yourself what's up. It takes a little time to accept it sometimes.

Faith

• 3 months later...
Guest NewGuy123

Hi Gina,

I'm going through a similar process questioning where I fall on the transgender spectrum. I applaud you for being brave enough to take these steps and know that you are not alone. There are others out there, like myself, who do not know where their life is headed and what their gender identity truly is.

All The Best