• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Howdy

Guest Selkia

Guest Selkia

Hello everyone ^_^ I'm Selkia just thought I'd say Ello to everyone

I've been here for awhile..just never Introduced myself.

soo let me start with telling you all alittle bit about myself

I am a dog trainer I have been working as one since 2004 and I am Crazy about Dogs I Love them sooo much :)

Uh I am really random..I tend to talk about werid things..but I guess thats what makes me so interesting!

I am a Fantasy writer and a Poet, as well as a Baker and a cook :) I make a pretty good cheesecake heh

I can be Shy at one momment then very talkive the next, I Love to help people, I try my best to give good advice( using my experiences and what i have learned from the experiences of others.)

I also tend to Post Very slowly most of the time because I like to think through and change my post for awhile before posting

I am 17 years old and even though I have came out to my parents 3 years ago That I Am a Girl,I still haven't started hormones. ( My parents aren't very supportive and won't let me even go to the doctor's to get them. )

My Daily actives normally contain Dancing around very oddly while singing :P

I live out in the country most of the time ( Love the peacefuliness and being close to nature)

Though I tend to go Travel and stay in cities from time to time ( not really a big fan of loud noises and Crowds )

well..Thats alittle bit about me,

- Sel

• Root Admin

Hello Selkia,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Thank you for sharing your story with us. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Selkia
hi! :) *hug*

We have something in common, which is dancing around oddly :D yay! :D

Yay Hugs :) *hugs back*

:P ah another Odd dancer check out my dance *starts kicking up legs and swinging arms around hopping all over the room* ^_^

Ps. Nice to meet Both of you, CharliTo and MaryEllen :)

-Sel

Guest Elizabeth K

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

I know you have been posting - see you here and there - GREAT.

Kelly Ann might be a great person to PM talk with as she certainly dances around while singing in her posts!

Its a wonderful site here at Laura's - and thank you for the introduction of yourself. I am so glad to make your aquaintence - curtsey and a smile

Lizzy

Hello, Selkia,

Sorry that I took so long getting here with your hot coco and cookies, but we were out of cookies and it takes so long to bake them when you are dancing oddly in the kitchen!

I just wanted to let you know that a lot of us dance some more oddly than others but I think it is an early outward sign of shucking the male cocoon and becoming that butterfly that has waited so long to emerge.

I know that cocoons are for moths but chrysalis is such an odd word to throw in the middle of a sentence!

I'm so glad you found us - I waited an additional 40 years before I came out!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jackson

Welcome, Selkia.

I love dogs, too. Just check out my handsome boy (he's my avatar). That's Squirt. I just don't have the power to be a good dog trainer. I seem to do better with horses.

I'm a country boy myself. I don't mind crowds, but I get a little short-tempered if I am around too many people for too long. I love living in the country. It's a Zen thing.

Guest Amanda L Richards

Hello Selkia,

It is a shame that you don't have your parents to support in your decision which you are set on right now. Just give them time, they may come around yet but if it's been about three years, then I wouldn't bring my life to stop waiting for it.

What I see that this type of experience will do for you is show you without a doubt that you are strong and independant. When you face your toughest challenges in the future, becuase of this experience you will stand there and look it right in the face and say without reservation or hesitation, "I am going to do this myself." I think it builds some deep rooted self confidence in oneself.

Don't get me wrong, asking for help is ok too, but at least you won't be afraid to handle and direct your own life the way you see fit.

I am glad that you have found us and this is where you will find the support that you will need to go your path on your own. You are amongst friends always, you will be safe, and you will be loved.

Take your time to look around and interact as you feel comfortable.

LUV

Amanda LR

Guest ~Brenda~

Well Hello there Selkia!!!

It is very nice to meet you. Welcome, to Laura's Playground!! Please, don't be shy with us (I know it is easier said than done!!). Express yourself, we will not judge you nor make you feel uneasy!! We really do care about you!!

At Laura's, the pillows are soft and the atmosphere is warm and has the wonderful scent of crisp apples and cinnamen!!

You are safe and secure!!

HUGS

bernie

Guest Donna Jean

YIKES, Selkia......

I'm so sorry...I was busy putting summer air in my tires and I completely missed you.....Please forgive me....OK?

I'd like to say welcome, too...and I thought that I already had...my bad...

Please be careful spinning and waving your arms as it can be very small in here at times....lol

You've met SO many of our wonderful folks already so I think you should be getting comfortable by now!

Please enjoy yourself and let us know if you need anything!

BIGG HUGG

Donna Jean

Guest Selkia

Replies ^__^ (sorry it took me so long to respond but I've been having alot of family problems lately)

Sally

:P *drinks coco and eats cookies while stilling dancing oddly* :D Thanks!..mmm cookies..hey look over there! *takes more cookies* xD you must know Cookies are one of my many weaknesses..

Jackson

:) Squirt sure is a hansome boy!

Being a dog trainer takes alot of time you must watch and see how dogs react to different things..But after a while it becomes alot of fun..so far I've had pretty good dogs! even though there was one dog everyone thought was stupid and a horrible dog..(he always use to try and bite people) I've grown very fond of him I've trained him so well..and he listened to me the day i met him..and also Being a horse trainer was one of the jobs I had wanted to be..but I myself am not so great with horses Tho I love to go horseback riding ! :) and Country Life is great..folks in the city are missing out :P

Amanda LR

I've found it is very very hard having my parents trying to past me being a girl as a phase..and ignoring it and telling me that I can't start hormones or anything because I will regret it..What they don't understand is that I have always felt this way..and for such a long time I've wanted to start hormones..So I have given up on looking to them for help..I plan on Going down to a Clinic by myself.(which sadly is in one of the biggest cities in canada..>__<; not so fond of that fact)

I myself am Strong..and me surving all these years and passing all the things the world throws at me is proof. I have always been at the back of the group...But lately I've been pushing forward and today I will not be following someone else Today I am my own Leader

Donna Jean

It's alright no need to be sorry :)

xD and I've run across that problem with waving my arms..before :P

and I'm quite comfy already :)

*hugs*

Everyone

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes :) I'm very happy to be part of your commuity!

Guest S. Chrissie

HiSelkia!

Welcome !! ^_^

Now I think I know why you tend to hide in Phoenix's Santuary in the chatroom most of the time :D

I am soooo tempted to learn about dog training now XD

Have a nice stay here :)

Sherlyn

• 1 month later...
Guest Selkia
HiSelkia!

Welcome !! ^_^

Now I think I know why you tend to hide in Phoenix's Santuary in the chatroom most of the time :D

I am soooo tempted to learn about dog training now XD

Have a nice stay here :)

Sherlyn

XD sorry it took me forever to respond :P

^^;..ah..ya Chatroom isn't really my thingy mainly the group chats..they confuse me..o__o; and whenever I say something everything goes quiet like I did something wrong and I start getting scared :x...always prefered one on one chats..well intill I run outta things to talk about :3 then it just gets akward......accually i haven't been in the chatroom forever..

as for dog training <3 if you love dogs..and you are ready to be a pack leader go ahead and try ^^ there is a 2 month program in all differnet places :P...I find training dogs soo rewarding and fun XD...lol..like the oinking pigdog...(sorry inside joke) :x oooh one thing to remember is watch out where you are steping xD our little dog friends leave more "preasents" then santa on chrismas :P

-sel

Well, Selkia,

I came over here and I dscovered that I did give you cookies when you introduced yourself. :angry:

Its no problem, whenever you want cookies, just drop by and ask, I'll bake you your favorites. :)

I am so happy that you are here and I love your poetry, you are so talented. :D

I look forward to some more PMs - I will have more cookies! ;)

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Selkia
Well, Selkia,

I came over here and I dscovered that I did give you cookies when you introduced yourself. :angry:

Its no problem, whenever you want cookies, just drop by and ask, I'll bake you your favorites. :)

I am so happy that you are here and I love your poetry, you are so talented. :D

I look forward to some more PMs - I will have more cookies! ;)

Love ya,

Sally

<.<; oohh did you give me cookies...must have sliped my mind :P

well it's alright ^^; I'm good on cookies for the momment *is trying to hide big jar of cookies* :3

on second thought I might need some more cookies...<.< >.>; do you have any white chocolate chip peanut butter toffee carmel cookies? :P

and thanks..though I'm not that great of a poet

sel