• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Poor Packer...

Guest Zack L

Guest Zack L

A word of warning to all guys who wear packers to bed: Don't. I woke up this morning and mine's nearly castrated itself. Got about half an inch still connecting it. Does anyone else even wear theirs at night? Makes me feel better.

I'm going to attempt melting it back together. Gonna have to be sure to keep the hole through the middle open though. Or maybe I can just remake that end of the hole (since this is also an stp) with a hot screwdriver...

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm not sure what temperature it needs to be and how I should apply the heat. Maybe my fireplace lighter?

*sad*

Oh, Zack,

i am so tempted to say so many things that you just wouldn't want to hear.

Like I would never go at mine with a hot screwdriver! :o

I am so sorry, I have no idea what's gotten into me today.

Leaving the room and going to sit in the corner,

Sally

Guest StrandedOutThere

I don't sleep with mine. My suggestion would be to not sleep with an STP packer. The structural integrity is already compromised because it has a hole in it. The cheapy packers that people use to make STP's rip easier than a packer made out of something more solid (like the Mr. Right packer).

Yeah....so I'd say you should consider any or several of the following options:

1. Get a non-STP cheapy packer to wear to bed

2. Get a different kind of packer that doesn't rip so easily and sleep with that.

3. Make a new STP out of a Mr. Right packer. I bet that thing wouldn't rip. The Mr. Right packer I have is pretty solid. However, because it is solid, it looks more like a Mr. Happy rather than a Mr. Right. I can only imagine that making an STP out of him would exaggerate his propensity for happiness, if you know what I mean. STP stuff tends to do that.

4. As far as repairing your old packer goes, I'm not optimistic. I don't think it'll melt back together. I'd probably swallow my pride and duct tape the little guy back together until I could get another one. If it were me, I'd get a cheapy packer and transplant my STP internals to the new one.

Guest Zack L

*sigh* Was afraid of that.

I had to have my friend order my other one, I doubt he'll do it again. I'll have to come up with a convincing arguement to let my Mom use her credit card I suppose.

And yeah. Will get one of the like 12$ packers for sleeping with. And like...a spare just in case. A line of succession for my penises. XD

Think I'll go to DJ this time for my STP needs, wasn't happy with ftmsolutions'.

And Sally...XD Thanks for making me laugh, lol.

Guest Sergei

I always pack during the night but not with an STP. Get something cheaper for the night, that's the best option. I use mangoproducts and have always been happy with them. x

Glad to be of help in a time of such great distress.

That was not a joke - I realize how important all of these steps are in your transition and I know how devestating it must be to have to wait around for new things - for me it's just clothes - so waitng is kind of like waiting for Christmas Morning - but for you the present has been out of the box and now it's gone!

Good luck on the ordering and be more careful this time!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

I was being kinda serious - I KNOW its much more difficult with FTM issues - our MTF surgery works but the hormones don't, just the opposite for FTM. I would be so distressed to have limited surgical options as a MTF - and I hope medical science catches up for you guys.

As for enhancement - I do use some as MTF - the spin is that a girl has to do what a girl has to do, and its okay. For example on the tucking? Gaffs hurt - probably like binding your breasts, except when I have to pee I have to undo everything. I can only guess what it is like to have to use STP and packing.

Why can't we we just trade parts, it would be so much easier.

Elizabeth

Guest StrandedOutThere
*sigh* Was afraid of that.

I had to have my friend order my other one, I doubt he'll do it again. I'll have to come up with a convincing arguement to let my Mom use her credit card I suppose.

And yeah. Will get one of the like 12$ packers for sleeping with. And like...a spare just in case. A line of succession for my penises. XD

Think I'll go to DJ this time for my STP needs, wasn't happy with ftmsolutions'.

And Sally...XD Thanks for making me laugh, lol.

You know what I saw at the drugstore the other day? They have these Visa cards that you can buy with cash, kind of like a general purpose gift card. You can use them to order stuff online if you don't have a credit or debit card and you can add more money later. All you need is cash. I think I saw them at Walgreen's or CVS. It was definitely one of those two. If you get one of those you won't have to depend on others to order stuff for you.

I have a STP from DJ. I've been really happy with it.

Right now I have 3 penises. I'm thinking of getting a couple more, just for variety.

Elizabeth, I do wish we could all do an equipment swap. My factory issue parts are in good working order and I have no use for them whatsoever. I do wish they could go to a good home.

Guest Zack L

I have an odd question for ya since you have one from DJ. How wide is the tubing? XD;;

And that sounds amazing. I must go get those. o_o

I also agree with equipment swapping, would be perfect. "Want to trade girly bits for not-girly bits. Barely used!" Oh geez. I think I've been playing to much WoW, first time I typed that it was "WTT ftm gear for mtf. Pst." *pathetic*

=D

Hey Zack,

Walmart sells those cards too, I've just seen an add on TV!

Hope you can use that for something good,

Sally

Where do I sign up?

Lizzy

Lizzy,

Walmart sells the visa cards not brokering the exchange of body parts - Sorry!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest StrandedOutThere
I have an odd question for ya since you have one from DJ. How wide is the tubing? XD;;

And that sounds amazing. I must go get those. o_o

I also agree with equipment swapping, would be perfect. "Want to trade girly bits for not-girly bits. Barely used!" Oh geez. I think I've been playing to much WoW, first time I typed that it was "WTT ftm gear for mtf. Pst." *pathetic*

=D

The tubing DJ uses is pretty wide, so the "exit end" doesn't really look natural. I'm thinking it is nearly a centimeter across, but since the material the tube is made out of is thick, the actual path through isn't as wide as that. I'm a fan of the wider tubing because no matter how much you go it doesn't run over. I tested the tolerances using the faucet and it is nearly impossible to back it up. No lie, buddy. The tradeoff is that the tip of the STP looks a bit fake. You can back the tubing up a little and reduce that some. Overall I'm very pleased with DJ's design. It took some practice to get good with it, but that wasn't the STP's fault.

Dude, if you are in the US, chances are you won't be more than 3 miles away from a Wal-Mart. Where I live is rancid with them.

Too bad we can't do a black market parts exchange.

Guest Myles
The tubing DJ uses is pretty wide, so the "exit end" doesn't really look natural. I'm thinking it is nearly a centimeter across, but since the material the tube is made out of is thick, the actual path through isn't as wide as that. I'm a fan of the wider tubing because no matter how much you go it doesn't run over. I tested the tolerances using the faucet and it is nearly impossible to back it up. No lie, buddy. The tradeoff is that the tip of the STP looks a bit fake. You can back the tubing up a little and reduce that some. Overall I'm very pleased with DJ's design. It took some practice to get good with it, but that wasn't the STP's fault.

Dude, if you are in the US, chances are you won't be more than 3 miles away from a Wal-Mart. Where I live is rancid with them.

Too bad we can't do a black market parts exchange.

I just ordered the PPP from DJ, I heard mango was really backed up on their orders. I have several "options", the night time packy, for sleeping only, the have fun ones, and now an STP. I am going to start using the mens room I just can not speak while I am in there as my voice is unbelievably girly.

Anyway I agree with the variety method, I only use the night packy at night ans so forth.

Myles

Guest Zack L

I succeeded in melting him back together! XD

Gonna order new ones, both an atp and a sleep one, but at least I won't feel weird at school. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get DJ's.

Guest Adam_Mazur

i just can not believe u mutilated ur STP what do u become texas chainsaw massacre in ur sleep or what i know i ordered my pack from babeland an sleeping with it on is comfy at times makes me feel like a real man lol but yeah i would try something a little cheaper if ur planning on becoming linda blairs brother in ur sleep

Guest Pól_Eire

Myles, I wouldn't worry about speaking in the bathroom. I've been using the men's room for more than two years and have had a grand total of one conversation in there the entire time. And that was with my buddy about how bathroom conversations are always really awkward. Just go in there and do your thing.

Guest Myles
Myles, I wouldn't worry about speaking in the bathroom. I've been using the men's room for more than two years and have had a grand total of one conversation in there the entire time. And that was with my buddy about how bathroom conversations are always really awkward. Just go in there and do your thing.

Thanks- I have been told the whole hold a conversation in the bathroom is a womens restroom thing.

Myles

Thanks- I have been told the whole hold a conversation in the bathroom is a womens restroom thing.

Myles

Very, very much so :D The only times I speak in public restrooms are A: absurd hours of the night/morning when my friends and I are making a stop en masse, and B: stadium restrooms with capacities of like 30+ that you can get lost in if you're going as a group. Rarely are group trips made even in those situations though so, yeah; I think *speaking* would get you the odd looks, if any - not the quality of your voice :)

On topic: HOT SCREWDRIVER?! Well, congratulations on restoring its physical integrity. What prof did it check to repair? Engineering? Blacksmithing? Jewelcrafting? </trying too hard>

Guest joe0117

Hi. I don't know if this is helpful at all but for individuals who don't have a credit card, you can set up a paypal account. If you go to the paypal website, all you need is a bank account. You can set up an account and it will take the money out of your bank account so you don't have to use a credit card. It is supposed to be more secure than using a credit card online. I was just thinking that if you didn't have a credit card or access to one then this might be helpful - I hope. Also, I ordered an STP from Mango on December 3 and I still have not received it. They are very behind in their orders, so if you order through them now, it may be months before it gets delivered.

Joe

Guest jantonio

I don't wear a packer at night just cuz is uncomfortable to me. But I do pack all the time during the day. I also have the STP from DJ but I still haven't mastered it yet, eventually I will. My advice is do not sleep with an STP, a soft packy yes. Good luck...

Jose...