• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ginger Chews...

Guest CharliTo

Guest OneOutOfnOne

I liked the show As Told By Ginger, always liked the theme song, too.

But I've never heard of ginger chews.

...someone once told me, the grass is much greener...

[Now I'm going to be singing this for the remainder of the week.]

...on the other side.

Guest CharliTo
Ginger :blink:

Never was a fan of ginger :wacko: Is that your birthday present?? ^_^

Sherlyn

Naw... I don't get birthday presents any more...haha.

I ate a whole bag now x_x

Oh well it's my birfday only for today :B

Well char,

Enjoy it, you still have a few more hours left of it in Hawaii!

Whenever I'm in Hawaii I get overloaded on Chocolate Covered Macadamian Nuts and Taro Chips!

They have both of them here but at about 8 times the price they are over there.

If you are on Oahu, do they still make Diamond Head drinks?

And if so are the Lemon - Lime still all natural flavors with real sugar and only carbonation added?

I miss those so bad!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

I thought Sally was saying chere - hummm a Louisiana thing - abbreviated to cher, meaning girlfriend in Cajun French.

So cher -HAPPY BIRTHDAY - remember you are legal and vulnerable - watch your virtue girl! Grin

And where the heck do you find ginger candy on the continent? I never saw such a thing? We can get the little twist ginger candies at Chineese or Thai restaurants sometimes but the writing is in Chinese so I don't know a brand name. And girls and guys, the candy is an aquired taste- sorta hot and tangy at the same time - and addictive - yummmm

Good thing there Charli

Love ya

Lizzy

Guest Jackson

For some odd reason, I can get a similar candy (maybe the hard candies) made by that company in the hospital cafeteria. In the rural areas of Wisconsin. Now how does that work? I'll have to buy a bag of them today.

Guest mia 1

At first I thought Ginger was a dog chewing your socks and furniture,,,then I thought of MAry Ann and Ginger,,but Ginger always chewed witht her mouth closed. BTW Happy Birthday Mia

Guest Elizabeth K

Answering two topics - I always wanted to be Ginger (Tina Louise on Gilliagan's Isle - not the candy silly). But Mary Ann had that something... hummm.

And I always thought all the men were probably gay. Why was that? They never tried anything on either of those two young single gals (disregard the Howells).

And ginger makes BEAUTIFUL plants! White butterfly is my favorite.

As the frog said, Charlene - HOPPY BIRTHDAY! A day late again!

Lizzy

TRIVIA - what was Ginger's last name in the show?

What was Mary Ann's?

A: Ginger GRANT

A: Mary Ann SUMMERS played by Mary Wells

Source tv.com

Guest CharliTo
Well char,

Enjoy it, you still have a few more hours left of it in Hawaii!

Whenever I'm in Hawaii I get overloaded on Chocolate Covered Macadamian Nuts and Taro Chips!

They have both of them here but at about 8 times the price they are over there.

If you are on Oahu, do they still make Diamond Head drinks?

And if so are the Lemon - Lime still all natural flavors with real sugar and only carbonation added?

I miss those so bad!

Love ya,

Sally

Hehehehe.

Let's seeee....Yeah, I enjoyed the last few moments... went to see a movie and got my friend to try some sake :)

I buy macademia nuts only when i'm giving to people as a souvenier :D Taro chips on the other hand...only if they're baked :P For you Sally, I can always send u some if u want some. :3

They still make the Diamond Head Drinks. Only recently, I found out they're caffeinated o.o No wonder why the kids here are so hyper...and I haven't seen the Lemon Lime flavor for a while to be honest. Probably for a good reason. lol

I thought Sally was saying chere - hummm a Louisiana thing - abbreviated to cher, meaning girlfriend in Cajun French.

So cher -HAPPY BIRTHDAY - remember you are legal and vulnerable - watch your virtue girl! Grin

And where the heck do you find ginger candy on the continent? I never saw such a thing? We can get the little twist ginger candies at Chineese or Thai restaurants sometimes but the writing is in Chinese so I don't know a brand name. And girls and guys, the candy is an aquired taste- sorta hot and tangy at the same time - and addictive - yummmm

Good thing there Charli

Love ya

Lizzy

Hehe. So that's what Cher means...makes so much sense now :D

Oh and ginger candies can be found in health food stores usually...especially that one cuz it's healthy and organic. Speaking of the candy, am I the only person who thinks the picture on the cover might be the single most happiest cannibalistic picture ever?

In Hawaii, they sell it everywhere. Probably the huge Asian population here causes that :D

For some odd reason, I can get a similar candy (maybe the hard candies) made by that company in the hospital cafeteria. In the rural areas of Wisconsin. Now how does that work? I'll have to buy a bag of them today.

Ooooooo. I know they have like, the peanut and ginger ones. I never tried those :)

At first I thought Ginger was a dog chewing your socks and furniture,,,then I thought of MAry Ann and Ginger,,but Ginger always chewed witht her mouth closed. BTW Happy Birthday Mia

Answering two topics - I always wanted to be Ginger (Tina Louise on Gilliagan's Isle - not the candy silly). But Mary Ann had that something... hummm.

And I always thought all the men were probably gay. Why was that? They never tried anything on either of those two young single gals (disregard the Howells).

And ginger makes BEAUTIFUL plants! White butterfly is my favorite.

As the frog said, Charlene - HOPPY BIRTHDAY! A day late again!

Lizzy

TRIVIA - what was Ginger's last name in the show?

What was Mary Ann's?

A: Ginger GRANT

A: Mary Ann SUMMERS played by Mary Wells

Source tv.com

Ginger is a sweet name. :) Really. :)

I know there's a home near my house where they use the ginger plant to make their lawn....the lawn's weirdly squishy and meaty that it's kinda scary to look at it for a while.

thanks for the hoppy one :) *hug*

eeee, that was a long reply :D *hugs all* I'm proceeding to get another bag tomorrow :3 ...This thread will now be about "random things that CharliTo gets hooked on" :P lol

Guest CharliTo

so, a week after this, i got food poisoned by a curry mixture that had ginger and habanero. (I now know that's a dangerous combo)...I think I'm okay w/o ginger for a while...

Anyways, I figure I would up a recent picture of myself here. It's actually me in boy mode cuz I was busy doing auditioning...but here ya go :3

2663_548858141916_19514550_33414182_1371993_n.jpg

New thing I'm hooked on though? Fro-Yo down at Yogurt-Land :D wee~

*carefully words this* Charlito, you look like a biogirl dressed as a guy in that pic :) and I LOVE The Ginger People products, especially those chews. Sorry to hear about your food poisoning mishap o.o I wouldn't go near habaneros with a pair of 10-ft. tweezers!

Oh and frozen yogurt is friggen sweet - can't get enough of it since my lactose intolerance settled in with a vengeance.

Guest CharliTo

lol, thanks for being careful. X-D aww :3 thank u so much >_<

I thought that store was an hawaii only place, but turns out there's like dozens around the mainland. (that's what Hawaii folks call the 48 states :3...we get mad whenever people refer to the 'mainland' as the 'states' cuz it makes it seem like Hawaii's not a state)

^^ I wouldn't have said it if it weren't true! and Hawai'i used to be a kingdom! it's sweet *wants to go* There are a number of names for the various parts of the U.S.A:

"Lower 48" - Kinda obvi ;] excludes HI and AK

"Continental U.S." - the 49 states on the mainland

"United States of America" - the 50 states and D.C., generally, although D.C. isn't a state!

-and then there's all those territories! AND all the people who call us imperialists >< Iraq is not the 51st state lol.

Ginger's tasty.

Guest CharliTo

Wasn't there another place that was nicknamed 51st state? :3 mmm....oh well :3

Hawai'i used to be a kingdom... in fact, just recently...

*sips on ginger tea*

...I helped be the camera person for this quick shoot on our island's 50th year of statehood :3

Check it out :)

You know what we don't got? Sonic! Argh. We still see the Sonic commercials on TV but we don't have one to go to. It's annoying :3.

Tonight, I shall go and get some more fro-yo too :D ...it's evil that they built it near my house...which is also near the university I went...

oooo, and one more thing to share...as far as Hawaii delicacies go, there's this:

FPI609240315AR.jpg

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/...P609240315.html

Shave ice...and there's a famous store right across from my house :3

...no wonder why I don't lose weight living here. lol.

Yes, It's Perto Rico!

Well I haven't been in a while, I'm missing my second home and now you have to show me some Shave Ice?

Torture is banned, Char - you should know that!

I have the problem now of money and explaining a few things when boarding a plane! :blush:

By the time I can afford to fly again, I'll be used to all of that.

Hey, Char send me a PM and let me know what area you live in - I have probably been there.

I've even been to the original Lappert's Ice Cream stand!

I wonder why I always gain weight in the Islands?

Love ya,

Sally

Guest CharliTo

u mean the little girl with the shave ice? :3 gosh even I wish I was that young still yet...but no that's not me :3

Oh and Lappart's is not around anymore :C ...well, I don't see them anymore at least...

The island's changing~ :P

...it's friday night and I don't got anything to do~ :C This is bad cuz this means I'm gonna start looking in my fridge every 30 minutes thinking something magically cool popped out.

Someone needs to invent a fridge like that one day.

I am currently........

....craving for spam musubis

n40433754576_755285_723.jpg

OMG those musubi look awesome. I don't have Sonic either.. the fools advertise way out beyond where they're available.. wonder if it's on purpose.

I didn't realise there's a separatist movement in Hawai'i..