• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

a second attempt at leaving male life behind!

Guest shani d

Guest shani d

so after what happend the last 3-4 weeks [reffering to the post i made in "suicide prevention"

i decided to get back on hrt and not give up on it this time

switching a doctor to a better one and i called and made an appointment to this new doctor[shes not new to the proffesion or the community just new to me] for sunday [next week] so im pumped up for that been feeling better but i dont trust this "feeling better" as i know it can all crash again in any second so im fighting to fix the root issue [being male bodied] and have a battery of proffesionals supporting my transition [in supporting me mentaly]

and besides that im currently in a check up round with my supervisor and my boss to see if i can go to college while working there because i just found a college i am realy intrested in and i dont want to leave my work place for this college so i want to come to terms with my boss if i can about work days and college days

so if all goes well in less then a month im back on hrt and depending on college new school year date i might also be a student soon

• Forum Moderator

It is so good to hear that you are moving forward and confronting your problems Shani. It does sound like a great deal of change lies ahead. Just remember that there are ups and downs. Both pass even if we always want the good alone.

Let us know how it is going and how thee new doctor works out.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi Shani,

I am greatly relieved that some things are getting better for you. I did read your posts in "suicide prevention", and I was worried. I always read that section, but I don't post there often because I don't trust my own advice enough. I am actually real lucky to be alive, and so I am easily worried when anyone is suffering such thoughts. I realize how quickly things can take a down turn. Once you are back on HRT, that will help I think. It certainly has helped me a lot, and I only rarely have those thoughts nowadays, although I would be lying (something I try never to do) if I said that HRT banished all such thoughts. Keep us informed, we care about you. :)

hugs,

Stephanie

Guest shani d

so a little update [not opening a new post that would require a huge brain drilling for you guys]

been to my new doctor today i left the older one who was my doctor when i was last on hrt and he was a realy mean [insert swearing here] person

my new doctor i asked for opinions on her from people who are being treated at her clinic and they said she is cool and nice so i went to her today

i got realy impressed and got a good first impression of her we talked all the conversation in female pronounce and she is not cold hearted like the last doctor

so i told her i intend to go back on hormones and she gave me a refference to blood test and to an endocrinologist [going to use the blood test refference hopefully tommarow to get a date to do the test]

so im getting back on hormones! i dont want to have anymore of those bad mental meltdowns and im going to do my best to prevent anymore of those

also grew to love my new job [been there for now 2 months] i loooooooooove my co workers they are awesome and only reason i might be sad is that i only got 7 months with them in my service i would of liked to spend more time with them

but things go well i think and its a good beggining to be instantly reffered to blood test.. might be back on hrt untill the end of this month or the next

• Admin

Great news, Shani. I'm really glad you found a knowledgeable and caring doctor. Good luck on the blood tests and getting back your groove.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Shani It is always great to see positive news from you. I hope it keeps coming!

Hugs,

Charlize