• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Enjoying some new things

Guest shawnmichelle

Guest shawnmichelle

As I said in my first post, I want to see how far this journey will take me, meaning I'm starting to get stuff for me instead of borrowing/improvising things. Today, I got to wear my new bra and breast forms for the first time. I'm wearing them now to get used to them and decide what tweaks I may need to make. One thing I have determined is I misjudged body size in proportion to what size breast I'd need. My bra is a 42C, with correctly-sized breasts. I think I maaaaaay have gone a bit too big. I think a B would have been better, but what I've got will certainly work, since this is all I have for now.

I did finally buy some shapewear and a gaff. The shapewear isn't boned, so we'll see what happens.

An inexpensive wig will be next, then I may start looking for new clothes.

One thing I do need is a new pair of boots. The pair I have now are old, but are still in very good shape. I thought they were 3" heels. Nope, they're 4". They're not uncomfortable by any means, but I need to find some at a more 'realistic' height.

I also told my best friend what I was up to. This wasn't a problem because he and I have been friends since our freshman year of high school, and we talk about everything. He knows what I've done in the past, and I know he's someone I can always turn to when needed. In some ways, he knows me better than my wife.

I'm not sure how much I'll post. It'll be when if feels right. I'll keep watching the forum and thanks to everyone who's replied and supported my since I joined.

Post whenever you feel the need to. We're always here. I used some trial and error when I started out. When I lost weight I have to give away a bunch of stuff. I have a lot of stuff now, much of it from thrift shops.

• Forum Moderator

It is fun to get some new things and experiment. 4" heels are a bit extreme, certainly for getting around. You might want to try beauty trends for a decent but inexpensive wig. It took me some time before i found a color and style that i liked.

Enjoy and share as you wish.

Hugs,

Charlize