• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Gender Therapists In Houston Area

Guest Rashaad

Guest Rashaad

My bad, everyone! I feel like this is a silly thing to make a whole new thread about but here I go. I just get reeeeeally overwhelmed with info when I search on my own and I never know what's legitiment.

Okay, so. I recently decided it was about time I stop being stubborn and find a gender therapist to start visiting (I've always had an aversion to therapy). Gotta grow up some time. Haha

And later today, I will be going over insurance things with my (very awesome and supportive) older sister. She was actually the one who advised me to post something here asking for any recomendations. We'd both hate to waste our time on someone who turns out to be inexperienced.

One of my personal concerns is finding a therapist who understands that I already know I'm a man and will not tolerate a single word otherwise (see, stubborn). All I want out of therapy is help figuring out where to go from here. Sometimes I'm unsure if I need or want anything medically done with my body. One day, I'm content with simply binding and the next day I could pull my hair out in dysphoria. XD I'm not an indecisive person so this is all uuugh. Sometimes we have to buckle down and admit we need help.

If you're in the Houston-y area or just know where I can find a good website, I'd really appreciate any help finding therapy. Thanks abunch!

Rashaad,

Try legacy community health.org

They are in Houston & do everything.

This is where I go. They have therapist, Dr.'s, Dentist...ect.

Hit me back if you need more info.

• 4 months later...

Update:

Thanks for all the replies! I did end up finding a facility and they appointed me a wonderful therapist. It was a better scenario than I originally imagined it would be when I started this thread. My fears about therapy were completely unfounded. Glad I went.

Aaaand guess who got his referral to start HRT. ^^ Yup! Alot is going on in my life right now and I'm just feeling happier.

• Forum Moderator

That is great Rashaad! Thanks for letting us know.

Lots of hugs,

Charlize

• 1 year later...
Guest KatherineR

I know this is an old thread and I apologize for bringing it back up. I somewhat inadvertently came out to my wife this weekend that I've thought about transitioning MtF.  Now I can no longer put off scheduling therapy. I'm somewhat late in life, and would appreciate a therapist who would level with me.  I've been looking for Houston area therapists and it seems as though many lists aren't up to date - the Rosenberg Clinic in Galveston shows as closed now. 

Is there anyone in the Houston Area willing to share their therapist experiences?  A PM would be fine.  

Thank you!

Guest KatherineR

Thanks for your insight LesleyAnne. I'd seen Dr. Washburn's page and am interested in her but the bottom of her bio page says she's not taking new therapy clients. I sent her am email to see if she will take me. 

Guest LesleyAnne

Good luck to you Katherine,

You never know when she might get an opening, or she may be able to refer you to another therapist.

Also there are GT's that will Skype with you, it's not the best of worlds, but some help is much better than none.