• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Its Me - 4th Month Of Hrt

Guest Zabrak

Guest Zabrak

So...this is me in my avatar. I took a picture of me with a REAL camera not my webcam this time.

Funny story I wanted to add. I got ID'd at a store for a VIDEO game. Yes - a video game. It was a rated 18+ game and it was God Of War. I tried to tell the guy I had no ID on me and that I was 20 years old. Well I was trying to explain this my voice squeeked and cut out. UGH lol

Oh, well Zabrak,

You will get carded because you look young - I got carded at the age of 25, I had trouble getting into the club where I was playing!

And since your voice is still in the process of changing it makes you sound like you are about 15 when it cracks - just like during puberty for a natal lad.

I do understand that it can be a little embarasing and you would rather not have to show any ID at this time.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Midoe

Looking good! As for being carded, it's something that has become strickly inforced because some higher up likes to think videogames are as dangerous as alcohol and tobacco. I got carded just the other day when I picked up Resident Evil 5, keep in mind (as much to my dismay) I look like a really manly man, hair ever were and a deep boombing voice, I'm 20 but could pass for 27-28 at times and I still get carded. Heck even here in Califoina theyare inforceing a carding policy (for alcohol and tobbaco) if the buyer looks under 30.

Sorry for the tangent, still your looking good, and have fun with God of War, one of my favorte PS2 games.

Oh and this was sent from my phone so sorry for all the misspellings

Guest StrandedOutThere

Lookin' good, man!

I've been getting ID's for beer, which hasn't happened in like forever. It's been 10 years since my 21st birthday. I think getting ID's is like proof that we're passing!

Guest Zack L

Congrats Z, picture looks great!

I got carded buying yaoi and a sword at an anime convention like two weeks after turning 18. Don't smoke or anything else that requires being a certain age. XD

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, Zab, you look wonderful!

The carding thing sucks out loud, though...there is a place near me that cards EVERYONE for beer even if someone is obviously 85 years old on a cane. Someone could go there 30 days in a row and they will card you each time! Even if you're recognized...I know that that is their policy to card everyone because they don't give their employees credit for having enough sense to tell when someone is oviously 70 years old...

It's pitiful....

I hope that it doesn't happen to you too much, Hon!

***HUGGS***

Donna Jean

zabrak congrats you look awsum!

i hate being carded, even though i aint started T or anything, no1 believes the person in the picture is me

which is a good think cus i look like a guy now, but bad cus i dont get served!

Guest Zabrak
I got carded buying yaoi

LMAO

Thanks everyone.

My eyes look blue in this picture though... :blink: ..their just light brown. Maybe its just the T-shirt reflecting on them.

Guest Elizabeth K

ZAB - looking good guy - wow - you are THERE.

Carded?

It was age 21 in Texas. I could NEVER buy beer because I would get carded EVERY TIME. SO the day I DID turn 21 I was ready - darn clerks never asked again! That shows us that attitude is the key. If we feel like who we really are, we won't get read as often.

Yeah - stupid grocery store here - I won't mention their name (initials WD) - they had a new store policy to card everyone. The clerk would ask for ID and than ask how old you were to verify, and type it in on the machine. I was 59 when they started that stuff - and I yell out my age and just laugh and laugh - and everyone around would laugh too - poor clerks.

And recently - ha! The bank has a hard time recognising my photo ID when I cash a check. Sometimes, three or four of them gather around look at it, look at me, look at the photo again. One time a teller said, congradulations? Well, I don't know exactly why, I told her I had lost a lot of weight, maybe that was it, she looked at me again kinda strange.

Well - never trim up your brows after a few drinks, maybe? The earrings probably didn't help. No make-up though...

Shameless in Seattle? (New Orleans actually - grin)

Guest StrandedOutThere
Thanks for the stories, Lizzy.

I think I'll need to get new photo ID myself.

A new ID probably isn't a bad idea. People started giving me trouble about mine almost right after I started transitioning. They'd look at it and go "are you sure that's you?". One lady at the grocery store was certain it was a fake and that I was dumb. Why would a little boy try to buy beer with a 30 year old woman's license?

Guest Zabrak
A new ID probably isn't a bad idea. People started giving me trouble about mine almost right after I started transitioning. They'd look at it and go "are you sure that's you?". One lady at the grocery store was certain it was a fake and that I was dumb. Why would a little boy try to buy beer with a 30 year old woman's license?

LOL

That must of been annoying.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Zabrak,

You look cool! You are cool! We all look to you for your strength, and you are always there!! Thank you for shareing a simple glimpse into you and your life. It really means so much to me.

I think you are the most handsome man that I have ever seen. You are such an incrediably awesome human being!!!! Thank you for being!!

Love you,

bernie

Guest CharliTo
Congrats Z, picture looks great!

I got carded buying yaoi and a sword at an anime convention like two weeks after turning 18. Don't smoke or anything else that requires being a certain age. XD

lol :) the ones here doesn't card people and i always felt something's wrong when I saw the 14 year old girls buying the dojin yaoi comics whenever I worked for my store at the con here.

I get carded all the time...and unfortunately, the way I look is still rapidly changing so even though I updated my card about 3 months ago, it still makes the person checking the ID raise their eyebrow...

A few went O.O too...I'll take that as a good thing.

*rushes in, totally late* Um, you know honey, I just realised I could send you God of War or other games if you wanted! Fun stories, everyone :) I carry two picture IDs myself.. bearded and non-bearded. Both are regularly rejected if I don't happen to match that day - what a difference a beard can make!

And you know Z, I love *every* picture of you :D

Guest Elizabeth K
Haha. Well I got a webcam picture here. I got ANOTHER webcam because I was still not pleased with my last one.

meh.jpg

YEAAA

Thanks

Lizzy

Guest Pól_Eire

One thing I did to deal with the whole carding situation was to get an international student ID. I think there are different kinds, but the kind I have doesn't list gender (score!) and I got it with my initials on it (haven't changed my name legally yet). You should check if you can get one where you live. It's really useful to have a photo ID that you can use.

Guest Zabrak

Wow. I'm at school and on a normal screen my picture looks brown and bland. On my LCD screen at home you can see the red in my hair. That just goes to show the power of graphic cards and LCD screens.

Guest Zabrak
HONEY! I want the tousled hair pictures just for me! grrr

(kidding. ...kinda. isn't he just so wonderful?)

;)

@Pól_Eire

I'm not sure if my private school has them but I can check.