• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Next Door Neighbor

Guest DreamFighter

Guest Adam_Mazur

I had a thought when I was doing laundry this afternoon. I live on the east side of my apartment complex on the first floor my girlfriend and I moved in here back in September. It was during a bad time in Cincinnati. The weather was ok mid 60s during the day and 40s at night. Over 900,000 people throughout the tristate which includes Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky was out of power due to a wind storm caused by a hurricane. So without power almost all the apartment complexes around here are now run by electric water heaters and so once the hot water ran out we were basically screwed without taking a shower. I tried everything the whole week to keep myself clean which was super hard but by Friday I was allowed to go on ahead and move into my new apartment which had ELECTRIC. So a buddy of mine and myself tried and cleared out most of my apartment in 3 hours we had about 4 loads which wasn't much but I was all hot ans sweaty afterwords, meanwhile when we were bringing in the last load we had neighbors watching us from my floor just on the south side. I had been told through management stay away from the elderly ladys that live across from you once you start talking to them they will never stop. So I have tried my hardest to avoid them to the fullest. I moved all my stuff in in just a pair of shorts and a t shirt with an bandana over my head so to them I was just another guy moving in. It was great. My girlfriend got caught by them in the hallway at one point or another they asked her if she and her "husband" were all settled into the new apartment. she said yes thank you. I was kind of suprised when she told me that they referred to me as her husband. I FELT LIKE A MILLION BUCKS. So now when I am out and about doing things in the laundry room and think they are going to pass me I make sure they know me as ADAM and I am her husband. Just my thoughts I FEEL GREAT!!!!

ADAM

Guest Adam_Mazur
y does it sucks

feels great to be refered to right isnt it?

it only sucks cause my gf can not come to terms with calling me ADAM so if we are in the hall together she will bluntly call me by my real name

it only sucks cause my gf can not come to terms with calling me ADAM so if we are in the hall together she will bluntly call me by my real name

When she does it again just politely reply, "Thanks, Ralph."

Love ya,

Sally

haha sally's right

but its important that you talk to your gf about it

cus im guessing its hurting you as it would me

and could effectively ruin your relationship

Guest Evan_J

Your name is legally Adam right? Then that IS your "real" name. Both my grand mother and mother changed their names and what they are now is "it" there is nothing else. So will it be with you. Get her in order. Especially since it goes to "peace" between both of you and your neighbors. After all, if you had a new gf what would she call you?