• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Practice what you preach, Natalya

Guest Kayla Grace

Guest Kayla Grace

I can't count how many time l've told others to take a deep breath, and present yourself as you.

This being said, I can't overlook my own hesitation to present me to my mother and sister. I'm out to both of them, and their opinions are not on board, and just wants the best for me, respectively. Why can I just not bring myself to go out in my wig, and breast forms. When I've even gone out in public dressed that way?

Why?

God Bless

Natalya <3

• Forum Moderator

There is so much riding on the way our loved ones react. You are certainly not unique in hesitating. I was petrified to let my wife see me. This transition stuff is hard. It was even hard to dress for Halloween an then i could pretend it wasn't me.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I have always felt uncomfortable, as Charlize says, and for other things besides trans issues as well - anything that may be controvertial. It is way back in my past now but I remember when I smoked cigarettes (and my family knew I did), I felt really bad when I first smoked in front of them. I never repeated it (non of them smoked). I'm glad I stopped - It is one less thing to be worried about.

With dressing I like to do things slowly and have got as far as being dressed female but not too girly in front of family members. Away from them I am far less concerned.

Tracy

• Admin

These are people who shaped our male image over many years and sadly they will still see that image even with a wig and make-up on. I have heard that from several of my relatives. Even when I was wearing a dress or a skirt and blouse, it was the wig and makeup that grated on them but did not affect how they saw me. The best way I and some others have found to come out is to meet them in a social atmosphere instead of your or their home. Another way to pull it off, is to arrive with your girl wig and makeup in bags, and get them involved in helping you put them on there and then go out. As they verify that it is you and see the change in progress, it will help reassure them that you are going to be fine. Ask advice from them, and let them participate in your changing over. Where that has been done, there is bonding and not shock.

Just my $0.02.

Guest Jamie61

That would be very difficult if they are not "on board". My GT say to choose the easiest path so maybe you could find another family member who would be supportive and then present to them first? Maybe that person could be there when you present to other family members. I would also remind them that you are the same person no matter how you express your gender. I also found it was helpful to tell family how natural this would feel after a few minutes and how they would soon recognize the "fit". Then when I would present I would just be myself and sure enough that helped make if as comfortable as possible for all parties. Ill keep my fingers crossed. Please keep us posted.

Love,

Jamie

Hi Natalya,

I know this is very hard, since I haven't even "come out" to my sister Melody, her son (my nephew) Danny, or his wife Kim, yet. :unsure: I don't know how any of them will react, and so I hesitate. They are my only family that I have at all kept in touch with in recent years. My sister Melody and I are very, very much alike, and we used to be very close, I fear losing her when she finds out I am trans, much less see what I look like now. Living as a woman now, too. I really don't know how she will take this. :unsure: So, I can empathize with you completely. Keep us informed.

hugs,

Stephanie

• Forum Moderator

That goes for you as well Stephanie. I hope you and your sister can grow even closer.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• Karen Carey
    • Ivy
    • Timi
    • Carolyn Marie
    • MaeBe
    • MAN8791
    • Thea
    • Stacie.H
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

SimplyMadeloeine
    Newest Member
    SimplyMadeloeine

1. austin_4
      austin_4
      (17 years old)
    2. Britany_Relia
      Britany_Relia
      (39 years old)
    3. Emily S
      Emily S
      (67 years old)
    4. Hoof Arted
      Hoof Arted
      (22 years old)
    5. n3eeko
      n3eeko
    • Ivy
      They seem to think that if they pretend we don't exist, we won't.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Not a quote, but a poem; "Invictus," by William Henley.  I had it hanging on the wall of my office for many years.   "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."
    • MAN8791
      Your children are of you, but they are not you for the dwell in the house of tomorrow where you cannot go, not even in your dreams. ~~ Khalil Gibran
    • Timi
      What? Yay!! I step away for a few days and this happens! I’m so happy for you.    That’s going to be my birthday present to myself this July.   I. Can’t. Wait!!   -Timi
    • Davie
      And, I Spent more time today on unscrambling my health insurance mess AND it looks like after signing papers, I should be all enrolled again  Yay! Thanks for all your support! —Davie
    • Davie
      "Breaking news! Good news! The United States Supreme Court has declined to hear a case against Montgomery County Public Schools LGBTQ+ inclusive curriculum. Students CANNOT be shielded from learning about LGBTQ+ people that inhabit the world around them!" —Erin Reed
    • Lorelei
      I am ambidextrous. I learned to write righty in school so I usually write with my right hand but my handwriting is better if I use my left hand. I use a lefty mouse. I am physically stronger in my left side. 
    • MaeBe
      Easy, I have felt the same way, not quite to the point of wanting to quit but sitting there one dosing morning and thinking "what am I doing?". I am in a crazy place right now; family is moving across the country, I am being laid off for the first time in my career and have to find a new job, and I'm in the middle of this gender journey that seems like it makes everything harder than it could be. I'd always been a "man with boobs", even when I was in my 20s and really skinny I had breast tissue, and now I'm accepting of that and want more but in a different way--I don't want to be a man with boobs, I want something different. I am something different, but it's hard because of nearly a half-century of social programing. So I empathize with your struggle, very directly.   I haven't dressed "male" for nearly six months and I just volunteered at a conference with my femme nickname and she/her pronouns on my name lanyard. The whole experience was great, I didn't feel a minute of anxiety or worry. That stuff comes at home, when left to my thoughts. Which is more telling? The comfort being Mae in public or the doubts and worry in private?   When I look in the mirror and see this more feminine me, it calms down the doubts and worry, so I'm starting to allow myself to trust in the former.
    • Lydia_R
      Totally!  I started HRT 21 months ago.  I'm 53yo now.  I mostly did not want the feminine genes of my family to take me over.  I told my doctor I wanted athletic breasts.  She has kept me on fairly low doses and I'm avoiding progesterone so far.   It's mostly mental for me.  Taking the pressure off from not having erections is soothing and changes my thinking.  I just want that stuff gone.  I had fun with it, but I'm over it.   I'm extremely happy with what has happened with my breasts.  Perhaps it took more than a year, but they have a feminine, athletic appearance now.  I don't notice changes in the rest of my body.  I've always enjoyed being thin and straight and have no desire for curves.  I can dig that butch with a feminine touch look.  I was upset at cutting my hair, but I'm liking it now.   It's fun to see all these young transwomen in my environment.  Everyone has their own style and the younger generation has a style of their own compared to us older people.   OK, back to baking a pie and doing some knitting....
    • Jani
      Quite the pairings!
    • Ivy
      I have one daughter who is left handed.  But she is fairly ambidextrous.  Apparently you have to be.
    • Ivy
      The time I spent "on the street" was mostly in the woods.  I dislike cities.  Even now my "bathroom" is out in the back yard, and has been for years.  When you're used to it, it's not so bad.  Helps one keep up with the seasons. I have no desire to live on the street in a city. Most of my adult kids live in cities.  It's nice enough for a visit, but I still prefer the country.
    • Jet McCartney
      ambidextrous in all areas haha
    • Ladypcnj
      It's amazing how we can use either hand to write with, not too many people can do that.
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Y'all be holding pencils like left handed people but I just hold my pens/pencils in ways that make people go "what the actual [squid]"
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.