• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

article on anti-trans bills

Guest Faith gibson

• Admin

Thanks for posting this, Faith. I think the message it contains is important; we should not panic about this stuff. The sky isn't falling, and the world as we know it isn't ending.

Sure, there are individual battles more than worth fighting. We need to use common sense and sound strategy to defeat these kinds of measures when the threat seems serious. But the fringe Right would like nothing more than to get us all riled up and hysterical. That gives them publicity, and that is what they're really after. More red meat to feed the faithful.

Carolyn Marie

Guest LesleyAnne

Makes sense that it would create an undesirable, not to mention costly backlash.

Makes me feel hope that these tin hat laws won't make it far.

• Forum Moderator

This is so refreshing after reading all the other recent articles that tend to raise one's blood pressure.

Thanks for posting.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you faith.

I substantially concur with Carolyn.

From the article "These bills are considered kind of kooky even for conservatives..".

There are legitimate concerns in my opinion but the people with those concerns aren't out to get trans women. The issues revolve more around proposed language and definitions.

I like Carolyn's common sense and sound strategy.

In my view the zealots who propose extreme measures spear all trans people, but it isn't likely to see mainstream traction. Such actions only gain traction to the degree it causes an equally shrill response. Unfortunately there will be opportunists who, if given the chance, will create a response that is equally offensive to the other side polarizing the issue.

In my view, common sense, cool minds and respect will win the day.

Guest April Kristie

As a T person whom lives in funny Florida, I do not want such a bill in place that will take years of challenges and courtroom hysterics. Nor see any T people incarcerated or fined thousands of dollars to go pee. Of course a law such as this is unenforceable but it will cause a course of action if gender free toilets or a bird toilet is not provided. Southern Comfort Convention is coming to Ft. Lauderdale this fall. Will they provide economic pressure should this issue become more real? I loved the article but I feel I am in the trenches here.

• Admin

As a T person whom lives in funny Florida, I do not want such a bill in place that will take years of challenges and courtroom hysterics. Nor see any T people incarcerated or fined thousands of dollars to go pee. Of course a law such as this is unenforceable but it will cause a course of action if gender free toilets or a bird toilet is not provided. Southern Comfort Convention is coming to Ft. Lauderdale this fall. Will they provide economic pressure should this issue become more real? I loved the article but I feel I am in the trenches here.

I would just monitor its progress, April, and if it doesn't die quickly, add your voice to those in opposition. But be a reasoned voice. It will carry much farther than a shrill one, IMHO.

Carolyn Marie