• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair Extensions

Guest DianeATL

Guest DianeATL

I felt like my hair wasn't thick enough, mostly in the back. Maybe it was from sleeping on it some but I wanted more fullness so I thought I would try extensions.

I love them! First I couldn't believe how well they matched my hair color, you can't tell any difference. I took them to my hair dresser and he only had to use 3 out of the 7 included to give me the fullness I wanted. He clipped them and then cut them in to layer properly with my hair and it looks so good. Sorry the picture attached doesn't show the back but all of my girlfriends love the change.

It was a lot cheaper than new hair to keep this one going longer.

Your hair certainly looks fuller, Diane.

The things we need to do, to be as our identified selves, never seems to end. ;)

Wouldn't have life any other way.

Huggs, :wub:

Joann

• Admin

Looking good there girl!! I have tried them myself when my hair was a different color. I would have to get human hair extensions that could be dyed to match my current color, but the nice thing about extensions is that even if they are off color a shade or two, they actually look more natural or like highlights or lowlights in natural hair. I have more FUN with hair, and even my wigs now that I am fully out and reasonably well transitioned, that is a difference from the past where it was the almost ONLY was to feel presentable in public.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, great choice. I love to wear the hair wigs that's why I used to purchase the hair wigs in the alternative months. I have more than three wigs and I personally like the most is synthetic lace wigs. As it is cheap and comes in various types, maintaining hair wigs is very easy. I like to try different types of look and enjoy the moments. Recently I have purchased the new lace front wigs from the websites recommend by my sister. The wig color perfectly matched my hair color and it's looking so real.