• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I want to feel more feminine!

Hi all, I want to know what I can do to feel more feminine without being too obvious. I am not ready to go out into the world wearing women's clothing but I do want to do something to make me feel more "girly"...

Isn't that a baby step? I hope all of you had a great day!

Marcie

• Forum Moderator

I started to shape my eyebrows slowly months before i "came out". No one but me seemed to notice but it became a way of feeling that i was accomplishing something.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest alexaz

Hi Marcie

I too plucked my eyebrows and I dont think anyone noticed except me and it felt wonderful to see them looking more fem.

I had some really wild hairs there and a unibrow so it made a big difference.

I have been growing out my hair for over a year now ( my hair grows fast ) and I try different styles with it to find what makes me look more like a girl.

These things help me a lot to feel and look a little more feminine and Im the only one that knows Im doing it.

Good luck on your journey.

Alexaz

Guest Marcie

Thanks Alexaz. Excellent tips. Most people would not think that something like this could cause a crisis but I can assure them that something as simple as not looking like you feel can throw us into a depression. Thanks again.

• Forum Moderator

I also sorted my eyebrows early on as they are naturally large and bushy, but I think one of the main things that made me feel more feminine was to shave my body (legs, bottom, back, stomach and chest) and use body cream such that my skin felt really soft, hairless and feminine. I used an electric shaver with attachment to cut at about 0.5mm (I suffer from ingrowing hair and cutting flush agrevates it).

Tracy

Guest saoirse

painting toenails, shaving legs, underdressing ie dressing more femme under your outer layer of clothes , growing your hair long , earrings ,clear nail polish on your nails , the list goes on .

Guest JamieAnn

Hi Marcie,

I have been suppressing all my life. I have dressed a few times in my life where it was okay. I just opened up to my wife of over 35 years, she had no idea. She giggled at first, but still semi okay. We are both getting used to my fem side taking control. I have thrown all of my underwear out and replaced with panties. I bought my first set of sleepwear and jeans. I am trying to go slow not just for my sake but for hers as well. She is not okay with growing breasts though. I want them to grow, I will do what I can to keep them small if that is possible.

Steps for girly in public without being too obvious, that I used:

1) I started out with wearing panties.

2) Next step was a sports bra (no strap adjusters).

3) Then finding a regular bra that had the strap adjusters more to the front than the back so they aren't obvious.

4) Getting mani/pedis with my wife. At home, light pink fingers, toes whatever color I like.

5) Small breast enhancers.

6) Now toying the the idea of light eyebrow shaping/clean-up.

At some point, I began shaving everything except my goatee (wife likes it) and arms/pits (wife is comcerned about a reasonable excuse AND she doesn't yet want me to lose all my masculinity). But I do trim pits very short.

Here's the problem, once you become totally comfortable with one step, you begin pushing harder, looking for the next step..

Much Like buying a gun or getting a tattoo or a cool tool, you just want more You have to ask yourself how much you're willing to push.

How will you react when questioned by a friend or coworker. I'll list MY excuses, but beware, people that know Daniel, know that I've never been one to trifle with. We'll fool around and have fun like no other, but get 'stupid', I tend to react rather quickly and not necessarilly very nice.

Shaving legs = $1000 tattoo that I don't want obscured by hair as well as I seem to be cooler, not so hot.

Mani/pedis = who doesn't like a foot massage or arm massage and such? Why clear coat them? I have a bad habbit of tearing off my nails rather than clipping, the clear reminds me that I spent a lot of money on the mani/pedi and it also looks nice.

Good luck with your journey, Marcie

Guest JamieAnn

Oh and to add my to my previous post, I have been shaving everything for the better part of 3 years. She is now putting things together. I am looking for clear lip gloss that is not obvious. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am also growing my hair back out. I used to have a pony tail to the middle of my back. I really regret ever cutting it off. Took so long to grow it out.

Jamie Ann

Guest Kaylee

The one thing that really made a difference for me (as I was shaving, pedis, panties, eye brows long before) was doing my eyes. Now, you may think it would be obvious... But no one ever said anything while I was still at my last job.

I started by curling my lashes. You certainly look different, and with no make-up, if questioned, you can always just ask "what... Are they extra curly today?" . Next was adding a very thin bit of eye liner (tricky unless you have the right one. I use a fine tip marker type). Then later, I did a bit of mascara, but just enough for me to notice, not necessarily enough for others to notice. (be sure to brush them out so no clumps... Dead give away!) No one ever asked me for 9 months, but I did get many compliments on my eyes.

Besides... It's good practice :)

Good luck dear,

Kaylee

Womens pants really do feel good and different. Just for when I am out and about casually, doesn't work for me at work because I'm in construction.

Guest Marcie

I just freaking love all of you! You truly make me feel good, like there are actual people like me to talk to. I'm going to print these ideas or suggestions you have given me and start to try the ones I can. I have shaved from time to time, I mean everywhere. I felt like a princess. Anyway thanks again girls. One of these days I'm going to change my profile pic to a picture of me. That will be a big step too.

As always,

Marcie

Guest alexaz

Marcie

You go girl.

Its so much fun to know that your doing something ladylike that others dont know till your ready to let them know.

Small steps seem so big to me even when others dont see me moving.

Love the woman inside and others will love you for being yourself.

Alexaz

Guest Markietoo

Hi Marcie,

One of the best long term things to start on is how you move your body: how you walk, being more aware of how you use your hands and arms, how you sit on a chair/couch or get in/out of the car. Most women move differently than the average guy does. Thank goodness! There are lots of books and articles on line about all of these matters. Your body language says a great deal about you how people will see you. Sit in any shopping mall and watch all the women, young and old, walk by. Observe folks when you go out to eat. So many subtle differences between men and women. Body awareness, grace in movement, occupying smaller spaces than men generally try to do. A graceful woman can wear sweatpants and a tee shirt and look as feminine as can be. We've all observed women like that in our lives. I try to be aware of these things myself but graceful I'm not! But I do try. Good luck Marcie.

Markie Anna

Guest kairaviggina

Hi there I am a newly found girl. Well I mean that I finely am embrace ing that fact I am a woman trapped in a mans body. I tuck my very much unwanted man part away every day so I have to pee sitting down how can I become more feminine by look and smell and how do I make my self look feminine

Guest Marcie

Thank you so much for the latest replies Alexaz, Markie Anna and Kaira. I am beginning to work on my appearance as I am able. As for mannerisms and body language, I have always had femme traits. Mother used to admonish me for limp wrists prancing etc. when I was a child. How I wish she would have nurtured these feelings. Thank you so much. By the way, welcome to the playground Kaira. I look forward to hearing more from you. I'm glad you are realizing your true self.

There's no time like now to just be ME!

Marcie

I'm also working on my mannerisms. I went the other way (forced presentation as very masculine) most of my life and have a lot of work to do...

Guest Marcie

Keep working at it Fiona. I don't know if I will ever pass although I think I could with some work. I do not want to look like a man in drag so if that's the case I would rather not present myself outside in full apparel at all. I have been playing with some photo editing programs to see what I would look like as a female and I think it will be ok.

Marcie

Guest Marcie

Hey girls.....I thought of a couple that would be awesome. Anklets and toe rings! Very cute ones. No one will know but me.......unless of course I wear short shorts and pink sandles!!!! Oh so much fun! Seriously, when I think about these things my depression dissapears. Today I love my life.

Marcie