• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Happy Things

Guest diniesaur

Guest Deeedoo

I have found several ways to be happy that work on multiple people I know. First, jumping is good. Somehow, it gives a rush of happiness that can stay throughout the day. Every day, I make Skyy jump and I jump. I think it has to do with falling; falling is very good for the body.

Another good way to be happy is to pretend to be an inanimate object like a box. Yes, this is very autistic, but it really works! Just get on your hands and knees and be a box. It helps if you do it together with someone. I have no shame, so I can do it in public. I have no idea why this works, but it does.

It also helps to play with something weird like a shoe. I don't know if it works on normal (non Aspie) people, but it is very relaxing for me to just poke and play with shoes.

Running is also good, but people already know that. It's good exercise, and it's fun to feel the air around and be going fast. I like to run sometimes.

Guest mia 1

Very interesting never knew about Asperger Syndrome until now....Thanks for sharing! What an open heart you have to share that with us thank you Deedoo. You are a special person in my heart...................Mia

I like to dance - I do it while I cook and it makes preparing a meal for one much more enjoyable.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Midoe

One thing that makes me happy is to play video games, especially Star Wars stuff or Pokemon. I guess its a form of escapism, but after I spend an hour or two in a virtual world, especially Pokemon, I usually feel pretty good for a while. I love the idea of exploring out in the wild, with my Pokemon who have been with me since they were little, and are unique to me, and really care about me.

Deeedoo's not kidding, she does these things on a daily basis :D the jumping is very useful. for me, it gets my emotions working again. if i'm happy, then i can be really happy. on the other side, if i feel too bad, it makes me feel the pain fully and i cry a lot :( it depends. but if nothing is going on, i can really brighten my day. the box thing is funny to watch, that makes me happy. i dont get the shoe thing personally, but i does work on her/him/it/dinasaur :wub:

one thing i can add is similar to running. and that is a calm, slow walk around the neighborhood. i look at all the nature and pet all the dogs and cats. something about nature helps me feel better.

pokemon is amazing , i have to agree. sometimes even just thinking about videogames and what i want to do on them helps cheer me up.

and as i have said on another topic, a tall glass of chololate milk helps any day.

Well personally, I think that Deeedoo can be happy just about anywhere and anytime!

Deeedoo, sweetheart anyone that is so at ease with themselves to be able to play with your shoes in public and refer to yourself as any of the following he/she/it/dinosaur is so much better off than all of us who are afraid of what someone else thinks about us.

I hate labels and have ones that I don't like but as far as not minding about pronouns - you are my King/Queen/Mt. Everest/Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Another thing that makes me happy is seeing Deeedoo's Avatar - it's so cute!

Love ya,

Sally

A lot of things make me happy. I love to write short stories and essays. I enjoy walks with my wife. I encourage others who are struggling, sharing that they aren't alone and that I love them.

Gennee

:D

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Deeedoo,

What makes me really happy is to play something on my guitar so well that it makes me cry!!

That is happiness to me.

bernie