• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Male To Female Shoe Sizes

Guest bob/brenda

Guest Nelly

Hi,

their is a big amount of size tables in the web. You can take a look to Wikipedia or so. But the major thing is that the show must also be wide enough. Male feets are a bit wider than female feets. Some shoe shops give information about the width of the shoes.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest AniStacy

I take about a size 8 womans shoe...

At one stage I had this thing about looking guyish so i used to wear a size 11 guys shoe.

People were shocked to see how small my feet actually were :o

In an open heel i'll go to about a 9 because my feet are flat (puke)

My bff and i are the same height (5 10) (170cm)

And she wears a size 7 - 6 and she gorgeous beyond words :)

So I'm alright when it comes to all the size stuff.

Always Grateful me :)

Guest Elizabeth K

The two sizes different rule seems wrong when it goes to the larger sizes. I wear a mens 12 W or 13 - but also that same size in womwns. Go figure.

Lizzy

Guest Sakura_Stingray

in mens i wear a size 10.....i have a size 13 roller blades though i wear three pairs of socks for them to reduce blistering so the extra size helps but in womans i can barely fit in size 10w track shoes, i have cool mary jane types that are 11w and high heels at 12 so it mostly would depend on the design of the shoes for me dont know if its for everyone........oddly enough i used to be scared of shopping for woman clothing but i got ovver it and just act like its for my imaginary g/f.....now im at the point of actualy trying them on and beleive it or not if you go to payless or somewhere like that you dont have to be emberessed to try the opposit genders shoes.

reason 1. almost no one around.

reason 2. say your looking for a shoe for a dressup party

reason 3. people who normaly work in shoe stores are super shoe lovers and are willing to help shoe situations...

now i live in southeast texas next to a town called vidor, which is notoriouse known for supreme KKK meetings and redneck country idiotism so if your town is like that try the town closest to it, you might see a big open difference.

Guest Donna Jean

Interesting..........

So far I've found that while I wear a men's size 8 1/2-9 ...I also wear a women's size 9.

At least in the shoes that I've bought so far...Dress heals, slippers, dock shoes, big clunky high heels...all 9...

But then again manufactures may vary, too and it's always best to try them on if you can...

Men's clothing and shoe sizes are pretty standardized because of tha military, women's things go all over the place!

OOOOooooo nice shoes....

Donna Jean

Guest Nelly

Hi,

please take a look to the table of Wikipedia

Shoesizetable

It start with the size of the foot followed by the different numbers of different size charts. Please take note that europe and UK have same number system for male and female. Only US has different number for male and female. Does anybody know the reason? So for us in europe it is very easy. If you have male size 44 you also have female size 44. Only the width you must take care because female shoes cut a bit thinner.

what you can also see, europe has much more sizes than US. That make it more difficult to by via internet because it will not fit. If you are direct in the center of one US size, than it is more easy to fit in.

Greetings

Nelly

Guest Elizabeth K

Adding something

There are certain brands that fit us well in the larger sizes - American Eagle, Foini, Cloud Walkers, Predictions. So if you buy on-line these are okay. Avoid Pleasers - they are two sizes too small and refuse to exchange.

Shoe Source carries the good brands but the selection is always limited, and you can try them on - no one cares. They will sometimes ask if you need help - and they will work with you without a problem. Also remember styles are seasonal so go often to see what's in.

Lizzy

Guest mia 1

The funny thing is shoes fit me differently for different styles. The flats I wear a 9 med width and the heels a 91/2 med. it makes a difference in comfort and walking style my usual man size is 8 so hopefully that helps...Also trying them on is allowed especially at Wal Mart of Good Will,,,so Good Luck.....Mia

My male shoe size is 12E. I can wear a 13 or 13E. You have to consider the style of the shoe, also. I would get a size 14 in some dress shoes. It can be more expensive but then you want to be comfortable too.

Gennee

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
how can u tell what size u take in womans shoe? im to embarased to try on womans shoes in a store....

I recently bought a pair of ankle boots at Zappos.com. I wear a size 6 1/2-D men's shoe (yeah, I'm lucky that way - I actually have a hard time finding men's shoes that fit) so I tried a pair of 9-E boots. They fit nearly perfectly. I did have to put in insoles because the footpads were fairly thin, but otherwise the fit was great.

Zappos has a lot of choices in wide and extra wide. The Naturalizer Steward's that I ordered have a 1.5 inch heel and can (and did!) pass as a man's boot. Although its probably not the thing to wear if you're looking for something very feminine, it's a really cute style if you want to wear something with men's clothing.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Carolyn

Guest jemanda
I take about a size 8 womans shoe...

At one stage I had this thing about looking guyish so i used to wear a size 11 guys shoe.

People were shocked to see how small my feet actually were :o

In an open heel i'll go to about a 9 because my feet are flat (puke)

My bff and i are the same height (5 10) (170cm)

And she wears a size 7 - 6 and she gorgeous beyond words :)

So I'm alright when it comes to all the size stuff.

Always Grateful me :)

AniStacy, if you are a South African go check out your local woolworths, they seem to be the only mainstream supplier who has women's size 9 shoes! I am also borderline between 8/9 and while 8's work in some styles, a 9 just works like a bomb. Granted, they dont have a great selection, but I have bought some great shoes there. A few years back they used to sell wonderful girls T bar school shoes in an 8 that are extremely comfy.