• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Going crazy

I started electrolysis epilation and I think i'm going crazy. I have to let my beard grow and it makes me very dysphoric. To add to that I have either of those choice :

1. Dress as a man, hate life and have my boobs visible and have the impression to be naked (i'm not ready for that yet)

2. Dress as a girl and have a beard

(tell me if there's more)

Either way I lose and i'm in for a humiliating week-end....

I swore when I started all of this that I would isolate myself no more. But the few last week-end all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and not let anybody see me.

But then if I do that my two childrens suffer and I really don't want that.

I feel I must go trough electrolysis but is it worth it... I'm really starting to wonder.

I would gladly go trough an infinite number of hours per seance to make this end but I've asked and she will not do it. :)

anyway, I needed to share that at least with someone.

Guest Kate

Soliloque,

If you have a lot of dark facial hair I would recommend doing some laser treatments before starting electrolysis. You don't need to let your beard grow out at all before a treatment and laser is much more cost effective than electrolysis if you are a good candidate. I got 12 treatments for about $650 US and after going through 9 so far my beard has been reduced by about 70% and what is left is almost all finer and very light in color so it's not really noticeable from any distance until about the third day after shaving which is plenty of grow-out for electrolysis when I go to get rid of what's left.

Also in the past when I wanted to appear more androgynous i found that wearing a sports-bra or shape-wear camisole under a t-shirt was an effective way to get some support and feel comfortable without being noticeable.

Good Luck!

Kate

Guest Faith gibson

I'm sorry for your pain Solilque. I'm sure it will be worth it. Maybe find some gender neutral things to put on. Baggy tops?

Faith

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for posting about your difficulty. Kate's idea might be appropriate but if your beard is like mine it is only possible to use electrolysis. I have made inquiries and may go ahead at some point. At this point i shave every couple of days. I can certainly see how difficult it must be to let my beard grow out for many days. This is something i knew was necessary but had never considered how hard it must be. I feel for you. Certain parts of this journey are very hard.

You will make it.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest Jamie61

Marie,

I've started to reply several times to your message here.

I just want to say that I hope something positive happens for you soon so that this phase of your transition becomes more tolerable.

Hang in there!

Jamie