• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Huckabee Mocks Trans Issues In Speech

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

His best friends are the Duggars who were featured in his announcement party which was televised on a local station. No surprise at all in this. He labeled his candidacy as pro Christian values- meaning anti LGBT Duggar style Christianity. And has announced that he still stands behind and supports the Duggar family since the sexual molestation scandal.

Hopefully if people read about him and his history as well as what is actually saying and espousing he won't have a prayer of getting a nominated for anything much less president.

Since his announcement I have yet to see a single sign of support -or hear any-even here in this conservative area where people seriously go around saying we need to arm ourselves so we can fight for our freedom when Obama declares his dictatorship. ( Have more than once had that literally said -and when it is I smile and get as far away from the speaker as fast as I can)

If Hucabee isn't being supported here he isn't likely to have support anywhere.

• Admin

I am sure Huckabee would have been the ONE to go to "the other" P.E. locker room and for the reasons he tellls others to fear for their safety. The fact that he would be the only person on record to ever do so is also indicative of his character. His proponent half way says he made the statement "in fun". Fun for who??

• Forum Moderator

JJ, That;s really interesting that he's not garnering any support down there in the ozarks. And, you're right if he doesn't get the loca-yokel support he might as well close up camp and go spend the evening at the Duggers.

I put idiot, anti Jesus and pervert on his resume. "Onward Christian soldier marching off to..." well you get my drift. He sure is a throwback to a less progressive day. Like the world is flat, poo poo, man will never get to the moon. What a dim one?

• Forum Moderator

As an additional note about Huckabee-he lost his last bid for governor here over a scandal involving his son torturing a dog to death at a camp.

Somme people you're better off against you rather than for you.

Johnny

• Admin

Here's another quote from the same speech, as reported in the L.A. Times"

“For those who do not think that we are under threat, simply recognize that the fact that we are now in city after city watching ordinances say that your 7-year-old daughter, if she goes into the restroom, cannot be offended, and you can’t be offended, if she’s greeted there by a 42-year-old man who feels more like a woman than he does a man,” he said.

Yes, our wanting to pee in the right bathroom is a threat to society. What a hate monger this guy is. And he wants to be President???

Carolyn Marie

Here's another quote from the same speech, as reported in the L.A. Times"

For those who do not think that we are under threat, simply recognize that the fact that we are now in city after city watching ordinances say that your 7-year-old daughter, if she goes into the restroom, cannot be offended, and you cant be offended, if shes greeted there by a 42-year-old man who feels more like a woman than he does a man, he said.

Yes, our wanting to pee in the right bathroom is a threat to society. What a hate monger this guy is. And he wants to be President???

Carolyn Marie

I remember back at age seven having to use the Men's rooms in public places, there would be an old cruddy looking attendant. He was sitting on an old dirty stool taking tips for mopping the pee off the floors. Every one leered at me, I knew they were hungry for tender young little boys.

That was the eery, gross and sickening feelings I had to put up with to relieve myself. Thank God that day is gone.

His perception of us is just the same sitting on that dirty stool, but in the Lady's room. This is his mentality. Just as sick and twisted being socially acceptable has it was back in the day. That's why that practice is gone, yet he holds on to it like a flag.

He wants to call it his American flag?!? No! Your not cleaning the restroom for us, your being the lazy pervert with twisted imaginations, wanting others and law to validate you. Icky, just plain icky! JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

Fortunately he doesn't stand a chance. If he did i'd be worried about guys in brown shirts pushing people like me into camps behind barb wire. He is worse than a looney tune. Glad to hear that even in the conservative south he don't get much credence.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

Huckabee has doubled down on his previous remarks. You know who he sounds like? All those morons who post comments after positive news stories about trans folk. Yes, they are most definitely his constituency. Will they get him elected President? Not in my lifetime.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/09/mike-huckabee-transgender-comments_n_7543940.html

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 190 Guests (See full list)

• MaeBe
    • JaySee88
    • missyjo
    • Betty K
    • KathyLauren
    • VickySGV
    • Maddee
    • MaryEllen
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Pip
    • Willow