• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New here and wondering is Anyone into under dressing?

Hello all,

I'm new here. You can see a short history of my life under Introductions so I won't repeat myself here.

My primary concern at this point is if this is the right place for me. So many of you seem to be transgender or full time CDs. I am not transgender and am a under dresser only. Are there others like me here?

Thanks,

Erica W

Guest Lynnette Rae

I was primarily an underdresser for years when I was younger as I never had the opportunity to buy or acquire any other clothing other than occasionally borrowing one of my sisters dresses for a few minutes of bliss. I stopped even underdressing for a long time and just recently told my wife about myself and she has told me to be myself. I now have several undergarments and whether I am in guy mode or dress fully as Lynnette I always have on my panties and usually a smaller cup bra or a sports bra on. But usually while presenting as a mans man lol during the summer I am only able to wear my panties under my drab clothes. I would say that you are in the right place Erica. Crossdressing comes in many different forms and one form is underdressing. There are many here who underdress all the time and some who underdress part-time. It does not matter where you are in your journey. Your story may help out someone or someone's story may help you. I for one am glad you found Laura's. Please feel free to ask me anything in PM when you have enough posts to do so I believe it is only 5 posts and you can do that. Again I am glad you found Laura's

Hugs and Kisses XOXOXO

Guest Kayla Grace

Technically crossdresser DOES fall under transgender. I will put in that some crossdressers do opt to go a bit further.

But yes, there are others here like yourself. You will find no hate or lack of support here :)

• Forum Moderator

There were certainly periods in my life when i would wear a pair of panties under my clothing. I was often to ashamed and afraid of being discovered to do so. What if i was in an accident? I think many of us find that our trans* issues have various chapters as our circumstances and needs develop and change.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest ErIca W

Thank you all for your encouragement and comments. I cannot help but notice that two of those that responded are transgender and the third is a full outer wear cross dresser and that under dressing seems to have been a phase in your journeys. I am not sure I want more.

I enjoy aspects of being a man and do not feel I am trapped in a man's body. To be honest some of the concerns I have about full cross dressing are that when I have tried some feminine outer wear on it becomes evident that I could never pass as a remotely attractive woman as you all do. I also worry about potential escalation as I am concerned about the amount of time even underdressing occupies in my thoughts and feelings. Finally I worry about the disruptive and potentially painful impact of any of this on my family.

I cannot really talk with anyone about this without paying a therapist so feel quite isolated. I have a close family but only in my fully male persona so feel lonely in my more feminine aspects. I guess support is what I am looking for here although I even worry about being discovered on this site.

Lynette Rae, I will PM you when I am able to do so ( I think this is my third posting) :-)

Again, thank you all for your kindness,

Erica

Guest Razilee

At present, Erica, I am fully crossdressed some days out in public a few days a week. I don't know how well I pass as an attractive woman, but there are many not so attractive cis women. I am not full-time and don't want to be, so I usually identify as transgender or genderfluid. I like your term underdresser though, because I do that every day. My friends who have known me only as male may just think that I've gotten moobs. They haven't mentioned it, but it's not all that uncommon among cis men either. I can understand your concern about the escalation. The more I underdress the stronger the urge to overdress. I can wear simple women's blouses and pants or unisex clothes however without all but the most observant ever noticing, but it helps me knowing my inner self is subtly being expressed and not completely ignored. It seems not to be such an obsessive thought when it's now become an every day thing. (I do have however have a bedpartner, so that could be a barrier for you. I do like my unisex nightshirt though.)

The nice thing about this site is that there are those here who DO understand.

Love :wub:

Raz

Guest ErIca W

Thank you for your response Razilee. It is nice that there are understanding people here.

Although my wife is only tolerant of my proclivity for lingerie and does not want to be involved the one thing she is most tolerant of is my wearing nighties to bed. Says it makes her feel cozy. :-)

From your avatar I think you make a very attractive woman.

Hugs,

Erica

Guest Clair Dufour

I go commando. Though I was looking at the Joe Boxer line for women. More for the top as they look good for holding breastforms. That said, I wear women's jeans, shorts and tops all the time. Sometimes I wear a bra and padded panties and a skirt if I go to a safe place. I wear my real hair girl style. As a matter of fact, I have an appointment tomorrow to get it styled max girl by the best cutter in the area. Last time I did that, my late wife said NO WAY! Im picky but, it seems my hair is all that passes at my age!

Guest RADER123

Yes, I under dress most of the time. I wear panties 24/7 for over 10 years now.

I wear Womans With-Inn female Jeans most of the time for over 7 years now.

In fact I do not own any guy jeans. I try to wear a bra most of the time, but there are

times I have to go bra-less, And I Hate doing it.

Some times I wear knee high nylons, I love that also.

Rader

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ErIca W

Yes, I under dress most of the time. I wear panties 24/7 for over 10 years now.

I wear Womans With-Inn female Jeans most of the time for over 7 years now.

In fact I do not own any guy jeans. I try to wear a bra most of the time, but there are

times I have to go bra-less, And I Hate doing it.

Some times I wear knee high nylons, I love that also.

Rader

I rather like going bra less when wearing sensual clothes. My beasts are very sensitive.

Remember the sixties feminist saying about freedom and burning the bra.

I do like wearing a well fitting bra too. ☺️

• 2 weeks later...

Erica I don't think you should worry about passing if you try a head to toe dressing up session. If you are closeted no one will

see you anyway. You only have to try and make yourself happy. I don't go out dressed (yet) I have fun just trying new outfits

and makeup. I don't have to try and impress anyone with this, it just makes me feel good. I'm not full time CD only a few times

a month at most. I do a little underdressing... mostly keeping toenails polished, easy enough to hide.

I can understand your worrying about it escalating (buying high heels, don't get me started) but if you have strong urges to

dress and try to squash them all the time, that can lead to other issues. I don't think many CDrs know why or where the need to dress

comes from it is just a part of us. I'm not married so I can't really speak to the issues of spouse & family. If your wife knows you

dress a little already would it bother her if you need to dress more to make yourself happy ?

If underdressing is all it takes to make you happy what is wrong with that ? No need to take it any further.

Best wishes

Hugs

Samantha :)

Guest ErIca W

It really amuses me to read my initial post that started this thread almost exactly one month ago and contemplate all the changes I have gone through since. I have posted about many of them over a number of threads. The short version is that I progressed to full dressing having acquired a few outfits and some cute shoes. Got a wonderful wig I really enjoy and some breast forms and a new bra. My SO bought a makeup kit for me even though she doesn't want to play with, or even see, me when dressed.

I found a trans oriented social club not too far away and dressed for the first time with others within the safe environment and enjoyed it very much. Fortunately I came to understand myself a little better as gender fluid, am happy as a part time CD / under dresser and the pink fog has lifted a little lately. I do not feel as driven or desperate and am more comfortable in my clothes, whatever I choose to wear at any given moment.

The compassionate support from this forum has helped me a lot through an intense period of exploration. Thank you all for being here and providing a safe place to discuss that which can't easily be discussed elsewhere.

Hugs,

Erica

Erica, congrats on your successful escalation !!! I didn't notice your original post was a month ago.

That ol' pink fog can really mess with you. There's a sale on heels ?? Where??? :D

Guest bobbiw

Dear Erica,

I am one of the "under dressers" you refer to and I want to echo the sentiments that those in this thread have already shared. On those occasions when I post, I received a lot of support. You have come to the right place.

I won't take up a lot of time here with my life story, but I will say that my voyage of self discovery still continues from the first time I dressed, about 43 years ago. I have purged several times, built a career, become a "respected" member of my town, raised a family and to the best of my knowledge no one knows, not even my SO of over 35 years. My escalation started a couple of years ago, so I am still fairly new to that part of my journey. When it is all said and done, I believe the most important thing is to be at peace with the choices you have made during your journey.

If more of my story can help you in some way, please let me know.

Hugs,

Bobbi

• 1 month later...
Guest Eve Caillard

Hi Erica and welcome along

I underdress all the time. At the lightest it's knickers - I long since gave up on men's underpants as being the most uncomfortable garment ever invented - so knickers every day. In colder months it's suspenders and 60 denier stockings to keep my legs warm. In warmer months it's 40 denier pop socks to knee high. I never wear a bra - can't get away with it. Finally I always wear my trans necklace: a female cross symbol that swings loose within the male symbol in stainless steel. no-one's noticed my trans car keyfob yet!

Eve

• 1 month later...
Guest Destiny Lynn

Erica. Oh Yes. I underdress always. Panties all the time, shaved. Tight print shorts orDanskins sometimes in summer. A redneck buddy once told me I have the prettiest legs he has ever seen on a man and even shaved. :thumbsup: I pretty much won't wear some guy things anymore either. Like jeans. I'll wear skinnys, and with plenty bling. Belts blinged out. Somehow it helps sooth the girl in me. Sometimes do eyeliner and a mild lipstick even when out but always at home. I also try to dress fully when I get a chance.

Destiny Lynn