• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Any Suggestions

Guest Sofiadragon

Guest Sofiadragon

I know that someone asked something simular to this but I am wanting some deeper insite into it.

I am going to be starting on hrt in a few weeks (thank the gods) & I am into cycling, swiming, & kyaking (when I can on the kyaking :P). But what I was wondering is how do you woman deal w/ other woman when they see you doing this 'cause @ first you don't really look like a woman but after a while you will more & more look like a woman. But I am more concerned about the swiming & kyaking 'cause I am really wanting to wear a nice swimsuit when it warms up.

Also if you live in the Cleveland Ohio area please PM me & we can set up a meeting time 'cause I would love to meet someone from here as well.

Guest Little Sara

Personally, I've avoided swimming for the last 5 years. So I don't even own a swimsuit.

Pretty hard not to look weird at first, though it depends on appearance. I could probably get away with a swimsuit w/skirt deal and no one knowing at all. Although I did miss swimming, I had no intention of being called 'Mr' while wearing a one-piece.

Guest Sofiadragon

Well I am planning on wearing board shorts w/ a swimsuit as well as breast forms that are water worthy untill I get along enough growth wise :P, so those two parts I'm not all that worried about that. I am just wondering about the unseen parts you know the things that I don't know about yet.

Guest jennifer_mcg

Jennifer here: unfortunately I was born with Poland's syndrome - look it up if you wish but as I can not have a left breast -- just won't grow adn as a child i, it bothered me hugely. Yet somehow now, older (even though I keep a good figure) -- I guess it bothers me less and though I look a bit odd and asymmetrical I can go around on summer beaches without much of a complex. My wonderful and understanding wife had breast cancer that needed a double mastectomy and we make an odd couple indeed :D

But keep in mind one thing, people are so much more concerned with themselves that they notice so little (unless one is actually trying to be sexy and seductive) that most of us get by, with little comment and who gives a Gosh darned anyway! ;)

I hope I haven't broken "house rules" ... but you are yourself, and we are all such a variety of creatures ... are we not?

JJ

Guest angie

I am going to be starting on hrt in a few weeks (thank the gods) & I am into cycling, swiming, & kyaking (when I can on the kyaking :P). But what I was wondering is how do you woman deal w/ other woman

You develop a tough shell,get thick skinned.It takes time,sometimes lots of it,to get natal women to

finally see you as another woman.Only time,patience and staying true to who you are always,that

will win over the GG's eventually.And you are right,by eighteen in transition,you look like a woman.

Transition is magic,but a slow working magic.As you sloooowly morph into your true self.

Patience is the key,the reward is womanhood.

Hugs,

Angie

Guest Elizabeth K

Four months into it, and though I have had quick results, I am in that terribly androgynous stage where i cannot present male and I am not always passing as female. I get called miss- and i get called sir. i know it passes but right now I am just waiting. NO WAY I could put on a bathing suit.

Hope this helps

Guest doodle

I do a lot of cycling lots. You can't hide much with spandex. last year i wore a skin suit, a lot of times or bib shorts along with a black compression shirt. I carried a big large tall mens shirt to cover myself up when I had to stop get water or food. No one wants to see someone walking around dripping sweat in spandex Later in the season I switched to a sports bra that I bought from preformance cycling their own brand. It works great so great I wear it all the time. to work and everywhere. I work 4pm to 12 am so I have mornings to ride. I also arranged to have my days off in the middle of the week so there are fewer riders out on the road. The weekends here in NYC are terrible as male cyclists can be very aggressive especially when they are in groups. I don't even go outside on weekends any more . I had a problem last year nothing happened but it was weird. I ride a stationary in my apartment while watching taped bike races. I always ride alone but would like a riding partner I have to go out as female now. At the beach I wear a one piece suit with a skirt works fine . goood luck with you work outs. Don't let things stop you. Cycling is addictive to me. I couldn't give it up ever.

doodle

Guest Elizabeth K

Other women? I find that other women are much more acceptive, when they read you. The exception are the older ones such as you would expect to turn up their noses. I do and don't pass either as male or female, right now, so it is hard to know. It's mainly my height I think. The other day I went into a big Department Store we have at our little town, and two heads popped up in the jewelry counter area and watched me where ever I was in the store. I was presenting male at the time and with my wife. I don't know what triggered it, but my hair goes a bit wild and it had been windy outside.

But I bought a nice belt for my jeans from a younger clerk and she gave me a 'that's alright' smile.

So it seems that if you are really nice and are yourself, most women respect you. And usually they are ready to help in the store. The most personally intense experience I have ever had in a Department Storewas one sweet young woman helped me select a propr silicone inserts to use when I first started HRT, and I started the conversation telling her exactly what I was and what I needed. She even used the proper pronouns and said things like 'most women" do so and so.

I find in working with womwn. if you can speak the language and follows the rules of 'women speak' they will soon let you into their conversation and almost forget you are not a natal woman. If you look and talk like them, you are the same as them, as far as they are concerned. Once in a while something you will say will be so female, they will laugh. Of course, you can't EVER be fake, and all this has to come from the heart. But after you are on HRT for a while, it's really pretty natural.

Hope this helps.

Lizzy

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
I find in working with women. if you can speak the language and follows the rules of 'women speak' they will soon let you into their conversation and almost forget you are not a natal woman. If you look and talk like them, you are the same as them, as far as they are concerned. Once in a while something you will say will be so female, they will laugh. Of course, you can't EVER be fake, and all this has to come from the heart. But after you are on HRT for a while, it's really pretty natural.

It's kind of like being accepted into a secret society once you're accepted as "one of the tribe".

I had no idea women talk in the bathroom or dressing room. Wasn't ready for that when it happened. Oh and intimate conversations are pretty neat as well. It's like you're now privvy to topics and info that were not mentioned had you been in drab.

Guest Elizabeth K
It's kind of like being accepted into a secret society once you're accepted as "one of the tribe".

I had no idea women talk in the bathroom or dressing room. Wasn't ready for that when it happened. Oh and intimate conversations are pretty neat as well. It's like you're now privvy to topics and info that were not mentioned had you been in drab.

Yes! And I didn't go into some of the detail on how we women talk that is so different, but its a priviledge to be accepted as a woman by other women. It a conspiracy men never quite catch on to, it's so liberating!

Lizzie - you KNOW!

hee hee

Lizzy too

Guest angie
I do a lot of cycling lots. You can't hide much with spandex. last year i wore a skin suit, a lot of times or bib shorts along with a black compression shirt. I carried a big large tall mens shirt to cover myself up when I had to stop get water or food. No one wants to see someone walking around dripping sweat in spandex Later in the season I switched to a sports bra that I bought from preformance cycling their own brand. It works great so great I wear it all the time. to work and everywhere. I work 4pm to 12 am so I have mornings to ride. I also arranged to have my days off in the middle of the week so there are fewer riders out on the road. The weekends here in NYC are terrible as male cyclists can be very aggressive especially when they are in groups. I don't even go outside on weekends any more . I had a problem last year nothing happened but it was weird. I ride a stationary in my apartment while watching taped bike races. I always ride alone but would like a riding partner I have to go out as female now. At the beach I wear a one piece suit with a skirt works fine . goood luck with you work outs. Don't let things stop you. Cycling is addictive to me. I couldn't give it up ever.

doodle

I am an avid cyclist myself,riding a mountain bike for the ability to jump curbs,ride on the shoulders,

stay out of the regular traffice lanes.I ride with my(stuff)tucked at all times.Really suprises folks that

I am tucked,even on long rides.But after six years of being tucked,I am quite used to my(package)

being up where it belongs.Women don't have a bulge,so I never do,ever.

Angie