• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fears?

Guest Amelia19

Guest Amelia19

So.. I thought it would be fun to talk about everyone's embarrassing fears with people (since I've never talked

to anyone about that kinda thing)

(Also, I'm not doing this to embarrass anyone, I just want to feel a little less .... cowardly?)

I guess I'll go first :)

Hmm... where to start...

I'll start with the biggest, I'm terrified of water... lakes, oceans, swimming pools.... won't catch

me near any of those. I won't even get on a boat. (can't swim either)

Umm... I hate spiders... I almost got in a car accident today cause there was a spider on my

dashboard and when I tried to push it away by blowing on it, it fell on my leg =(

I won't go outside at night, and even being withing sight of a window without a curtain makes me uneasy.

(if the window in my room isn't fully covered I can't go to sleep)

I'm afraid of failing any of my classes. (last semester I had a panic attack the night before finals and

didn't sleep at all and ended up getting nosebleeds every day for a week after)

I absolutely hate needles. I freak out and cry every time I have to get a shot.

I think that's it...

So... feel free to share... don't say anything you feel uncomfortable saying and... have fun I guess. =)

Guest Little Sara

I can't go in water deeper than my height. I'm 5'6" tall, and 6'0" *might* be acceptable. Nothing above that though.

I don't swim in lakes or any water deeper than my height. This is because I almost drowned when I was 9, in 4'0" of water in a public pool. I do go on boats in lakes, as I never have fallen in the water from it.

My biggest fear is that of rejection.

I'm mildy afraid of the dark. But I think I'm more afraid of being alone (and I'm usually alone outside in the dark - when with someone I'm not afraid).

I don't particularly like bugs, but only yucky looking ones scare me (any bug walking ON me would be scary though, provided I was asleep).

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Amelia,

My greatest fear is driving on those little winding 45mph roads. Here in CT we have alot of them. Most people drive above the speed limit and there are hills and curves which make driving trecherous. Years ago I got into a head on collision on one of those roads. The other person driving too fast swerved into my lane. Luckily everyone was wearing seatbelts so no one was seriously injured. I was just sore for a while.

bernie

Guest Donna Jean

I fear being stuck in a room with bigoted closed minded people and not being able to speak!

Maybe that's a nightmare....

And propellers and firearms...I don't fear them...I have a healthy respect for them...

Rejection and loneliness...that's the fear...the most awful thing of all.....

Scares me to death.....

Donna Jean

Guest Amelia19

Seems like, so far, most people are afraid of rejection... hmm

I don't really understand...

I've never been rejected by anyone (unless you mean in a social sense and not relational (never asked anyone out))

Also I wouldn't really care if someone rejected me in the social sense, even if they were my friend,

I don't want friends who don't accept people for who they are.

Guest Donna Jean
Seems like, so far, most people are afraid of rejection... hmm

I don't really understand...

I've never been rejected by anyone (unless you mean in a social sense and not relational (never asked anyone out))

Also I wouldn't really care if someone rejected me in the social sense, even if they were my friend,

I don't want friends who don't accept people for who they are.

Rejection, Honey......

Like being rejected by your birth mother...given away...

Like being rejected by the love of your life....never to receive their love...

Like being rejected by friends that you thought cared about you.....

I fear it....

Donna Jean

Guest Amelia19

Hmm... well I certainly would be sad if my mother rejected me...

I haven't really "fallen in love" with anyone yet so I'm not sure how that would feel.

aaaand... as I previously stated, if a friend rejects me then they aren't someone I

want to be associated with in the first place.

Guest Elizabeth K
Rejection, Honey......

I fear it....

Donna Jean

OMG Donna Jean - feel that in you - oh my - we love you so much you know - it looks like two of the three may never come true! Your SO and your girlfriends - ALWAYS WITH YOU! FOREVER!

My fears?

Losing someone very special to me - some here know what I mean

Dying alone and uncared for - death on the streets - death on a battlefield - death in the snow

And any sort of blades - knife blades, razor blades, sword blades, axe blades - terrifying to me for some reason - unreasonably so. I'd rather face a gun.

hummmmm.... shivers - burrrrrrrr

Lizzy

Guest StrandedOutThere

I'm afraid of a lot of things. Thankfully needles are not something I fear.

My biggest fear is public humiliation or of looking foolish or stupid in front of people. I am pretty sure I am in the clinical range for social anxiety. If I have to meet people at a restaurant, I have to meet them outside because I won't walk into a crowded place alone (except for like malls and stuff). I mostly avoid crowded places altogether. I don't like ordering in restaurants or talking to strangers, but I do it anyway.

I'm also afraid of public speaking, but have had to get over that.

I am afraid of being severely injured and helpless.

Not having enough money also scares me a lot. When I moved to a new city to start graduate school, I got down to my last couple of dollars. It stressed me out so much that I got a big sore on my right side. I think my mom said I had shingles. Yeah, that's what it was.

There was a time when I feared rejection, but now that has fallen on my list of fears. I dealt with some rejection back a few years ago and it was horrible but didn't kill me.

Guest StrandedOutThere
Hmm... well I certainly would be sad if my mother rejected me...

I haven't really "fallen in love" with anyone yet so I'm not sure how that would feel.

aaaand... as I previously stated, if a friend rejects me then they aren't someone I

want to be associated with in the first place.

Getting rejected by the love of your life hurts more than anything I can think of.

Know what else scares me? I'm afraid people will tell me that I'll never be a real man.

Guest Little Sara

I've been rejected in a relational sense, but it's always been before it became anything 'real' (met them online and got rejected before we met).

I don't like being rejected in a social sense, wether by friends or acquaintances, and yeah I get the "if they do that they're not your friends" thing, I don't invest myself in friends until I'm sure it will work out, which is why I got so very few friends, too. Acquaintances and co-workers is something else. You can,t just drop your job because you don't go well with the co-worker and you can't decide to move just because the neighbor doesn't like you (well, unless you're rich).

Being rejected by I dunno, all boys and girls, growing up, was pretty harsh. Wether I cared or not about them individually, I did want to be included...

Guest Amelia19
Being rejected by I dunno, all boys and girls, growing up, was pretty harsh. Wether I cared or not about them individually, I did want to be included...

That was pretty much middle school for me, except for my "new" best friend whom I met in 8th grade (my old one betrayed me :( )

Guest OneOutOfnOne

I'm afraid of dying before I've had a chance to leave a legacy, however small.

I'm afraid I'll never be completely happy with my life.

Neither am I too fond of heights, or water, or being too isolated in wilderness.

OK, here goes with a non fear of mine - the most common fear in the US is a fear of public speaking, the second is the fear of death - so at a funeral most people would rather be in the casket than giving the Eulogy!

Acrophobia,

Claustrophobia,

Arachnophobia,

Fear of death (before living as a woman)

Fear of rejection (faced that far too many times already)

Fear of falling,

And the number one fear shared with Johnny Carson - a fear of running backward, full speed, naked into a cold brass doorknob!

Thank you very much, please come back for the matinée tomorrow.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest ~Brenda~
I fear being stuck in a room with bigoted closed minded people and not being able to speak!

Maybe that's a nightmare....

And propellers and firearms...I don't fear them...I have a healthy respect for them...

Rejection and loneliness...that's the fear...the most awful thing of all.....

Scares me to death.....

Donna Jean

Hey Donna,

Rejection and loneliness.... I know too well....

bernie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I'm afraid of rejection. Afraid of failure.

I also have a fear of being in a confined space. Not like elevators or a crowded room. I'm talking like..coffins..or even being stuck in an airplane or bus seat with little room to move around. A few months ago I was going Greyhound and I had a window seat. Well I was squished against the window since someone had taken the seat next to me. Couldn't really put the seat back since people were behind me and the people in front of me put their seats back all the way, so I had very little room to move around in. I tried to fall asleep but all I could think about what not being able to move a little bit. Finally I asked the guy next to me if we could switch and I sat a little cockeyed with my feet out in the aisle. It was a tad uncomfortable but my sanity was saved for the remainder of the ride.

Guest Crossroads

I'm afraid of things that aren't real or could never happen. I hate scary movies, but I can watch some real life horrid documentary with no problem.

Angie says that's weird, but I think it's just because she wants me to watch scary movies with her.

Guest julia_d

high places.. but only if they aren't solid.. like ladders

jellyfish (why?)

the town I live in.. after years it's becoming uninhabitable.

Something happening to my guy.. that's my biggest fear.. losing the one I love so much.

Guest Sarinah

I have a few minor phobias, but what I am really afraid of is: hurting other people, living life without experiencing it, never embracing someone closely that I am passionately in love with, having to watch something horrible happen to another person and not being able to do anything about it.

I have a few irrational fears, the most obvious of which is a fear of heights. However, as soon as a high roller coaster starts moving, I have a great time. Thus, you will be almost unable to get me on the Millennium Force, but as soon as you do, don't expect to ride any other rides.

But my biggest fear, which I seem to be mostly over now that I'm out of high school, would be that of failure in an intellectual sense. As a result I really didn't try in school (still got into a good college, though. SATs were high enough to go anywhere I wanted). It is sort of ironic that I would fear failure, and as a result fail in a sense, but I rationalized it to myself.

As far as rejection goes, there is only one scenario in which I fear such a thing. I recently found that I have a major crush on my best friend, but I can't do anything about it for fear of ruining our friendship. It sucks quite a bit, as he is my first romantic attraction I've ever had. So, really, emotionally I am still pubescent, although I may be a bit beyond that physically (and I do mean just a bit).

Also, Lizzy, I love Steven Wright. Very unique sense of humor.

Guest sara w.

My fears are, I am afraid of rejection (obvious), of falling, poisonous spiders (im ok with the non ones), I have stage fright, and most embarassing, im still afraid of the dark, at age 14.

im still afraid of the dark, at age 14.

I'd tell you that there is nothing there in the dark that wasn't there in the daylight but then you would just share my fear of the light as well - and when you have both like I do it makes life interesting!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Leigh

my biggest fear...is probably people. i'm afraid that i won't be liked, or that people will want to know too much about me...i'm afraid that someone might want to touch me.. i'm afraid that i might say something stupid, or that everyone around me disagrees with...i guess that's why i lose all my friends after a few months..every time. i'm afraid of close relationships, but at the same time i really want them.

i'm afraid of never having the guts to leave my hometown...i'm afraid i'll never leave the country before i die...