• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tucking and swimming?

So I've avoided swimming for the last few years because I don't like revealing my chest (I haven't even started HRT yet, I just don't feel comfortable with my chest showing). Now that I'm out of the closet, I will be able to wear a women's swimsuit around my family without it being too big of a deal. But, as I've learned from regular underwear, women's clothing obviously isn't designed for any... "protrusions."

I've read about getting suits with skirts (but I still don't want "it" sticking out) or doubling up (and praying "it" stays in place). But would tape work while moving in water? I think duct tape would hold for at least a while, but would movement be easy?

I haven't swam in years, and I really miss it. I was in a hot tub a couple weeks ago while on vacation, though, but I made sure I was alone.

• Forum Moderator

If i were you i would certainly get a skirted swimsuit. I have one and it just fine. Mine is called a tankini. Nothing shows and the bottom holds everything in place.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest TGTrish

I certainly understand the problem but I wouldn't suggest duct tape. I would recommend going over to our fourm's sponsor (TheBreastFormStore) and checking out the gaffs. They'll hold you about as flat as comfortably possible. I've never tried one under a bathing suit yet, would think a skirt would still be necessary.

Trish

(Longing for the day I can get rid of something.)

Guest Kaylee

I once read this somewhere online. It was recomended that you buy yourself a pair of thong panties... one size too small, and were that underneath. I did npt have the opportunity to try this on my last trip, but I can see the potential as long as it os the right panty.

Good luck hon.

Kay

Guest sydney

I use tape, but keep in mind that I've been on HRT for almost 20 months, but this did work me me wearing a one piece (not skirted) 4 months after HRT without any issues. The best tape to use is Kinesiology Tape which you can find at most drug stores like Walgreens as it us used for sports therapy. It's waterproof, breathes and is meant to be used on the skin. I've done this at the beach and public swimming pools and have had no issues at all. My mother in-law even complemented me that I look better in a one piece than she does, LOL. If you do decide to tape the best way to use is to tuck and pull the loose skin of the scrotum over what's tuck and tape to hold that in place and a 2nd piece to smooth it out.

Guest otter-girl

Hi,

I wear one-piece swim suit and shorts on the bottom. I'm there to swim so I need to cover my boobs and other bumps as practically as possible :)

Hugs

Rachel.

This might not help...

My first summer I was an ugly duckling. I had boobs I didn't want to show. A girlfriend gave me an old skirted swim suit that was just black with tiny blue dots. I trimmed the skirt and wore a pair of plain all black swim trunks over the top. No one questioned my gender with funny looks?

Then each year, I bought a new skirted suit that fit me. This summer season, I have those and a black two piece. It's a string tie with the cute triangles. The bottoms are covered with a lace skirt.

Many women are self conscious about showing off their little prize, so you may fit in better than you think wanting to hide your business. Hug. JodyAnn

Oh, and I'm still no swan. Giggle

• Forum Moderator

I would like to add a safety message here. Please do not use duct tape! If you are worried about having your private parts exposed just think of how it will feel to have the doctor and nursing staff care for the damage you may well cause. Sydney has a good suggestion but be advised any tape that holds will also remove hairs and cause irritation to very tender skin.

Hugs,

Charlize