• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Very Close Call

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

My closest call, before today, had been when I heard my parent's car pull in, and I was just in bra and panties still, and my guy clothes, the bag I keep my female stuff in, and the hiding place where I put the bag, where all scattered around the house. So it was basically a mad dash to get undressed, get dressed, and pack stuff up, and transport it. Luckily, my parents had stopped to chat outside and pet the cat who was out there, since it was such nice weather. I was lucky that when my dad asked me "Why were you running around the house just a moment ago?", a good enough response for him was "uhhh...I'm not sure really".

But today, was the most heart pounding experience so far.

I come home with the intention of playing the Xbox 360 game we were renting, since it was due today. I just wanted to get more fun out of it until we had to return it. Well, on the bus, I think, why not play while dressed as a girl, that usually make things more fun.

So I get home. I look in my bag and remember all of my female clothes are actually dirty (might sound weird to oyu guys, not sure, but it take about a month before all of them get dirty, since i only would get to dress for 2 hours a day, if that) So, I think, well, I could just not get feminine today. But, I felt the urge to do so, so I strip down in the bathroom, then go downstairs, get my mom's one peice swimsuit with the skirt, and put it on. Hadn't worn it in awhile, so that was nice. Anyway, I'm playing for awhile, occasionally jumpin out of my seat to look out hte window to only see it was a neighbor coming home or something. So, okay, at this time, i realize its getting kind of late, so I go and handwash my clothes, then put them in the dryer, start it up, go back to playing. Well. My mom wasn't supposed to come home until much later. But sure enough, I see her car in the road, getting ready to pull in. Crap. Jump out of my seat, run downstairs, pull off the suit, hang it and put it back. Then I rush over to the dryer, pull out the clothes. And my heart stopped- my mom walked in the house. So, me, naked, first thing coems to my mind, was ofcourse, cover up private areas. So my mom, who can't see me or anything, is talking, says she forgot soemthing. I said okay, acting like everyhting was casual and all. Thank you God, for giving her the need to use the bathroom. I run upstairs, get into my room, throw the damp clothing in a pile, hiding it. Have enough time to pull on some jeans and stuff, then walked out of my room, making it seem like, ofcourse, nothing was out of the ordinary. We held a normal conversation,, me trying not to shake so badly, and hoping she cant see my heart leaping from my chest. Luckily, she didn't seem to have noticed my clothing all sprawled out in the bathroom, since I have been know to not pick up dirty clothes after a shower. But my bag. Luckily, it was empty except for a slip and a sports bra, but that was zipped up. I don't know how, but she just didn't seem to notice it there. Thank God.

So she leaves, I get some hangers, hang up female stuff next to my open window in my room, and on the window sill, keep it there until I see my dad pull in, pack it up, throw it in hiding spot (in great timing too), then later when my dad leaves again, take it all out again, and it is currently still drying. Doubt it will be all dry by the time someone gets home but holy crap.

I mean, really. What if this had gone different, my mom came downstairs instead, seeing me naked, holding a bunch of female undergarments(and some other stuff) in front of me...

So, I suppose this is a message from God. What exactly it means, or what He wants me to do. Not sure. Definitely be more careful. Or....maybe, I saved you this time, next time, I'm not going to save you, so make sure there isn't a next time?

Who knows realyl. So, anyone else want to share any close calls? I mean, for those of you who have ti a secret currently.

Guest ~Brenda~

Hey Some Guy,

All of us who are at some stage of cross-dressing have close calls and are even caught sometimes!! One time my friend showed up at my apartment unannounced. I was, of course already "dressed" and wathing TV at the time. I started for the door, but then caught myself realizing that I wearing a dress. I quickly threw the dress off and put on my jeans. I opened the door and my friend walked in. He immediately said he needed to use the bathroom and marched to it. To my horror, my dress was lying right on the hallway floor towards the bathroom!!! Even worse, some of my nylons and skirts were hanging on the bathroom towel racks. I could not say anything as he went to use the bathroom. To my amazment he did not say anything when he came out and simply wanted to show me his latest song. Whew that was a close one!!

That was some time ago. Ironically, I wear women's clothing outside now (not to work yet however)!! I think the close call stage has ended for me.

LOL

bernie

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I've had a few close calls years ago. It just reminded me that I needed to be more careful in the future, so I changed my routine a bit to add a little more time just to be safe.

hhaha sorry i gotta laugh, just makes me chuckle when i read about close calls

you probs dont see the funi side of it now but you will in the future

Guest bob/brenda

I had 2 close calls as brenda the 1st was iwas in my room in a bikini and my wig laying out on my bed when my roomate started to open the door to tell me some thing i thew a blanket over me threw the wig behind the bed and pretended to be sleeping. he saw me "sleeping" and left...the 2d was i was in full dress buster skirt fishnets wig ect when the phone rang i ran to anser it only relizing i was Brenda after i picked it up... luckly my roomate was in the other room and never saw Brenda....

Guest Elizabeth K

I am with Leo on this - FUNNY!

I cross dressed for 50 years - I have outed myself PLENTY! And close calls? Sometimes I wondered if it was a perverse reason I cross dressed - the horror/thrill of almost getting caught.

NOPE - I crossed dressed for different reasons I found out.

BUT almost getting caught? That's part of it.

Later you will laugh! That is if you discover you are trans - and then you discover when you DO dress - two thirds of the people don't even NOTICE!

Lizzy

Guest mia 1

Lizzy is right the thrill of almost getting caught is the adrenaline rush that ads to the danger factor...once you come out to your partner that part disappears and I know you are living with mom and dad,so that is a ways off...but to be honest out as you may be there is still a factor that keeps us apart from society and our guard is still out there waiting for the other shoe(preferably an open toed 4" stiletto) to fall....at least from where I'm standing....Mia

Guest Krystyna_Marie
Lizzy is right the thrill of almost getting caught is the adrenaline rush that ads to the danger factor...once you come out to your partner that part disappears and I know you are living with mom and dad,so that is a ways off...but to be honest out as you may be there is still a factor that keeps us apart from society and our guard is still out there waiting for the other shoe(preferably an open toed 4" stiletto) to fall....at least from where I'm standing....Mia

Nicely put, Mia - there are a lot of things about dressing that is a thrill to me, and the danger is a bonus (for me). My closest call came last fall, when I was sleeping upstairs and, ahem, s.o. was sleeping downstairs - I was sleeping hard when she and the dog and cats came bounding into the room, and there I was sleeping in my black teddy, and she didn't have a clue at the time (knows now, accepting, phew!). Luckily it was cold, and I was wrapped up in a big quilt, she didn't try to climb under the covers, and she went downstairs to make coffee before I had to get out of bed. Never had too close a call back in my adolescent days at home when I got into mum's things, I was really really Catholic, scared = careful at the time.

Kisses!

KM

Guest ~Brenda~

Yeaaah Mia!!

4" Stiletto's are my favorite!! I have many!!

Nice...

bernie

Guest Kelly Ann

ahem...er, ahhhhh...why this NEVER happened to me when I was young (beats on her nose)...er, ah ahem. I believe there are a lot of people that 'might' identify with your dilemma from one time or another. Very well written and a joy to read. I do hope that things are more status quo now though, Kelly Ann

Actually I never had a close call at all when I was living with my parents - I am such a worry wart and coward that I always allowed so much time for getting out of my outfit that I spent a good half hour back in my regular clothing before they got back, so even them returning early wasn't a porblem.

Saturday a week ago I was sleeping in when the phone rang and my ex and her sisters weere five minutes away with a moving van to get her furniture out - I was in my nightqown and all of my clothes were sitting in plain sight in the room that they were going to be working.

I got changed pretty quick and hide all of my clothes in my office - let the invaders come in - take more than they deserved and am now hopefully rid of them. (I've changed the locks now!)

But that was scary and not at all pleasant.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest x-sophia-x

I'm the same as Sally. I would always make sure I got undressed about an hour or half hour before my parents get back, so I've never had an really close calls.

I was dressed once and I heard my parents come through the door, but luckily everything was in my room including me. So I just quickly got changed very quickly before anything dramatic happened.

But I did have one awful experience. My Mum decided to clean out my room whilst I was at school. I ask her not to constantly but shes a clean freak. So she found my bag with my stuff in it and took some of the stuff away. Fortunately she's never said anything to me, so I just leave it at that and now I have a much much better hiding place.

Guest Elizabeth K

WOW - some of you have never been caught? You haven't lived untill you are in bed, hair in curlers, nightgown on, your wife comes in unexpecedly (supposedly on call all night- got sick) zero to 90 in the time it takes to hear a key turning in the lock!

Or just plain bad luck - someone ALWAYS comes home early! The key? Jump in the shower - turn on the water and hope you can get naked and cleaned up ASAP. Naked is better than being caught half dressed.

I learned YEARS ago to plan for the worst - NEVER leave anything out where if you have to run into another room, there are - say - bras and panties on the couch, or size 12 high heels on the bed, or your make-up all over the lavatory, or lipstick streaked tissues in the john... Be neat and clean up as you go...

hee hee - I just remembered

I DON"T have to DO THAT anymore! I am a true transitioning transperson! Yeaaa- my wife borrows my stuff! HEY, she still owes me some black support pantyhose from that last wedding we went to! Darn...

And I am missing those new silver hoop earrings with the turquise beads - hummmm

Hope this helps

Lizzy

Guest Irielle

SG, that is so funny. You might not think so right now but you'll laugh later on.

My closest call was in high school on a Sunday afternoon at home. I was up in my room, dressed, and taking some photos of myself so I could see how I looked. The rest of my family was downstairs. I hear my mom come up the stairs calling to me that she's bringing a load of laundry to my room - and I didn't have a door on my room at the time! What an idiot I was!

There was absolutely NO PLACE to hide! I yelled to her 'don't come up!' She stopped halfway up the stairs and said "why not?"

"Uh, uh, I'm cleaning my room and there's junk everywhere". (Like a 15 year old boy is going to be cleaning his room on Sunday?

Thank goodness she didn't come up. She probably thought I was doing what all sexually arroused 15 year old boys do. :lol:

Now I mix boys' and girls' clothes all the time and visit my mom and she doesn't say a thing, she might not even notice, but she tells me I look nice. She likes my new purse that I brought last Sunday at Easter and wants one like it. Ain't life grand?! :lol:

Guest mia 1
Now I mix boys' and girls' clothes all the time and visit my mom and she doesn't say a thing, she might not even notice, but she tells me I look nice. She likes my new purse that I brought last Sunday at Easter and wants one like it. Ain't life grand?! :lol:

Oh she knows Iri believe me....and she is proud of who you are..and so are we......Mia B)

Guest julia_d

How about.. being 13 at school in a skirt and blouse.. and forgetting a dentist appointment. Being called to the heads office to be presented with an annoyed parent is fun. After that life became very interesting. XD

Another step towards freedom Sally *hugs* Soon you will be rid of them for ever.

(yup.. I decided it was time for a proper pic as an avatar.. about time too)

• Admin

Your post brings back memories. I started cross dressing in my teens too, about when I was 14-15. Also rummaged through my mother's closet when my parents were out. I always thought I put everything back exactly like it was, but I think mothers have a way of knowing when even the slightest thing is out of place. Once or twice my mom asked me if I went into her closet for any reason and I always denied it. But later on I found out that she knew anyway.

She frequently laid out my clothes for me in the morning. One day when I was the last to get up, I went in to shower and when I came back to my room there was a skirt and matching sweater laid out on the bed. They were so dang cute I tried them on, then took them off, and sat there for a half hour or more trying to decide if I should put them back on and show my mom and thank her and tell her everything. In the end I brought them back to my mom and said something like, "hey you put Sandy's (my younger sister) stuff on my bed by mistake! She didn't say anything then, or ever brought it up again, and neither did I. To this day I regret not coming out then, but back in the day there was no Internet and I didn't know anything about support groups and just knew that I was different. I'm glad we're here now to help and support each other. Thanks for sharing your story.

Love,

Carolyn Marie

Guest kirsty

At the time this must have been really worrying, but I gotta admit reading it I could not help laughing and imaging what it would be like running around frantically trying not to get caught.

Guest Emily H

Meh, I will probably never find it funny, but i can understand you guys finding it funny :)

Its the situations like these that make me nervous to wear a bra or panties when I sleep- might just oversleep, or parent might come in, you never know.

Plus the fact, that attire would probably keep me...lets just say, awake, for too long. :)

P.S. Now, I jump, and run to the window, whenever I hear a car pass by, with my hand ready to pull off my top, nad myl egs tensed to run :)

Guest julia_d

I think most of us find it funny because of the lengths we went to attempting to hide the totally obvious from family. All my mother said when I eventually told her my plans was.. after the usual "so you are gay" nonsense was.. "it's probably about time you decided one way or the other" Then she gave me my odd birth certificate with "undetermined" written where it should say boy/girl..

I think most of us look back on our childhood and previous lives with a little horror that we put up and shut up for so long.. and laughter is a great cure for the miseries of the past.. sheesh.. Some of the places I got caught out or had stupid things happen are awesome looking back.. I wouldn't swap any of them for the world... except for being married.. that I would change if I could.

As you transition there will come a day when trying to live a double life will either become personally or practically impossible.. that's always a very frightening and also empowering day. People still jump around here when they see me in a skirt.. not because I'm not out.. but because I'm much more a jeans and T type girl in their eyes.. and I like to challenge other peoples impressions and some days make a statement..

next wedding.. wear a kilt.. and hey.. didn't I see David Beckham in a sarong a few years back? knobbly knees and stubble and all.. nobody called him names .. at least not to his face *giggles*

Guest mia 1
'julia_d'

I think most of us find it funny because of the lengths we went to attempting to hide the totally obvious from family. All my mother said when I eventually told her my plans was.. after the usual "so you are gay" nonsense was.. "it's probably about time you decided one way or the other" Then she gave me my odd birth certificate with "undetermined" written where it should say boy/girl..

That is truly amazing...were you in shock or was it affirmation?

Guest julia_d

Just confirmed my suspicions that there was more to me than I had ever been told.. my parents were strange in the way they treated me all through my childhood. They tried so hard to make a boy out of me but when it failed they forced girl on me. That document still gives me no end of trouble but right after srs that can be solved and undo the hormone crimes against me during my childhood which caused male development everywhere but in my brain.

Tests have shown some mad genetic abnormalities.. they have fun telling if I'm m/f or anything.. I think it depends how they look.. last blood tests on hrt came back pregnant lmao :) I have a very few pictures of me during my childhood presenting both.. and one classic school class pic in with the girls. Not much of my historl left now.. my ex burned what my mother didn't.

• 2 months later...
Guest rachael1

I got busted by my father wearing my younger sisters pretend wedding dress. I must have been around 11 or 12 at the time. I was moritified but he laughed it off thinking I was just fooling around. I also had a stash of panty hose disappear from my hiding spot in my cupboard around the same time, I suspected my mother had found them and took them, but never had the courage to ask her. B)

My wife knows all about me now so I don't have to hide from her but you never know who might come knocking at your door.

I guess it does add a bit more excitement knowing you might get caught. :D

Hugs

Rachael