• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Scenarios USA Shorts: House Not Home (airing now cable)

Guest Jamie61

All,

I just watch a 15 minute short film about a high schooler coming out as transgender and getting beat up for it. This was a very short story, but raised some very good points. It is nicely produced, geared towards high schoolers ( age 14 and up was the rating I reveal) and I must say I cryed when her father hugged her. There was also the story about "making of" the film, which was about the true life experience of the young transgender teen author, Skyler Edga, who wrote the story and submitted it as part of a contest at school, part of "Scenarios USA". The "making of" segment talks about the impact of bullying which is very powerful. I noted the social aspects of high school life, with technology and social media today, is so different then in my day.

The film was dedicated to Leelah Alcorn, and used her words expressed online just before her tragic death. I believe this is a great way to remember her and my heart goes out to all the young people struggling with gender.

Love,

Jamie