• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Hope PA trans* AA meeting

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

A new live trans* AA meeting is starting up at St. Phillips Episcopal at the edge of New Hope PA at 8:00 pm Friday October 2nd. We are still working on the format. If you are in the area please join us.

Hugs,

Charlize an alcoholic

• Forum Moderator

Just a reminder if your in the NJ or Eastern PA area.

Would love to see you at the first live, face to face, real time Trans* AA meeting (other than Skype) that i have heard of in our area.

Hugs,

Charlize

I wish I could come for a cup of AA road tar coffee, vent my troubles and share my sobriety, listen intently to my sisters to feel much better annnd...

MOST OF ALL A HUG FROM YOU!!! shhh... Sorry for yelling at a meeting. Giggle. Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

It was fabulous. Despite high winds, rain and a falling thermometer we had a meeting with 7 attendees sharing their experience strength and hope as trans* individuals. I guess an new trans* AA real time, real life meeting has started. With the help of a power greater than ourselves it will continue.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

The meeting now has a name....."New Trans* Hope". Last night we had 10 folks and a lovely meeting. We even had a new comer to the rooms who found a place where he could be open about himself and his difficulties with addiction. I feel such a bond with the sisters and brothers who attend. We have and continue to share so many experiences both good and bad. The laughter that sometimes comes with seeing your problems expressed by another is priceless. The tears are priceless as well. Todays sobriety is a true gift for which i am grateful.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 4 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

If you have a problem with alcohol as well as gender issues and are in the area please join us this Friday at the New Trans* Hope meeting. Pm me for information. We are only a couple of miles away from Dr. McGinns office if you are in the area to see her.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Moderator

We made a good effort but unfortunately there are only two regulars....me and another trans* woman. At this point we will be cutting back to 1 meeting a month on the first Friday. Same time same place. If your in the area and wanting to that or another AA meeting PM me.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Jennifer if you are interested we have real time face to face trans* meetings twice a week on line. We used to use Skype but the room wasn't big enough for all of us. It is a great group of trans* men and women throughout the spectrum. Just PM me if your interested.

Hugs,

Charlize