• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

RLE Real Life Experiance

Guest cerise

Guest cerise

So after humming and hawing I send an email to my brother and discussed a bit in the car this morning about my plans to tell my doctor in dec about me being transgender and asking for a referal to Gender therapist.

My raised his eyebrows a bit but it might have been at the word therapist.

Not sure it its a feeling of relief as this is just the start of this part of what I understandcto be RLE.

Both are already aware of Cerise but not of how deep it goes.

A good pair of girl jeans is next .

Guest cerise

Thank you!
My daughter, son, ex and bro are all aware but I know they most likely don't know where I'd like to be in 4 years time.
My ex does and probably less in denial than I am as she told me that I wanted to be a woman and not just dress like one.
Talk about calling me on my manure.

Edited by cerise
abbreviation changed at authors request

Well Cerise, now they know. I'm sure they are really trying to digest all of this. Your right about how deep gender identity goes. I'm realizing it every day.

:)

• Forum Moderator

It is odd how i once felt my issues were about dressing while that was only an expression of a deeper reality. As i and others come to accept that life becomes a bit more peaceful.

Hugs,

Charlize

Guest cerise

My brother emailed me back yesterday in which we committed to a phone call. As U said he's known abour the Cerise side for around 8 years now but in the first email I told him my first awakening was in 1966.

After the email to set up phone time it was followed up by a volley fun stuff with recordings and sayings.

Part of my RlE is shaping my eyebrows which this time around is getting much better results.

The other is wearing normal earings and a necklace everyday . A stud abd a small hoop.

Tgere are things that nobody would nitice like lifting small weights in the morning to lose bulk off my arms. Process is slow but satisfying.

I still have to infoem my ex and daughterabout the thoughts of seeing a gender counsellor.

I can answer the questions pretty easy in the Hrt guidlines but informing inner family is like another part of the steps (aa). Fairh without works is dead.

Higs Cerise

I talked to my daughter about telling my doctor with the intentions of getting a referral to a gender therapist. It was basically no big deal for her and she said her trans friends knew of list of TG friendly doctors. I assured her that it would be no big deal the doc and it would explain why my legs and body are always shaved at my yearly checkup.

It truly was no big deal and that probably comes from being around me as I was coming out to them.

I feel blessed but even though I had an op to drop the flower on my ex today I thought I would wait.

Sofa So Good.

Progress in this department is good.

A long discussion over the phone with my brother about my transgender nature and probably the first time of verbally out loud saying some things to another person.

He wants more info so I guess I gotta drum up some links for him. Also told via text to my closest female friend about the g therapist intentions. No response on her part but that's normal these days.

Ex-wife is the only one left in the front line. The rest is really on a need to know basis.

Hugs Cerise

Telling people is one of the hardest things I did. Never knowing what to expect and what the reaction would be. Mostly everyone was cool with it.

No rush, take it slow.

Best of luck

Nova