• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So much has happened lately!

Guest Kayla Grace

Guest Kayla Grace

Those of you that remember that I was hired on as a manager at a restaurant, that's going well. I now have permanent hours there and hopefully I can stay. I've worked at 4 stores in 3 cities, I've worked 10 or 15 days straight, I've helped a lot of stores fill hours and two stores getting back up on their feet, and I had to skip this draw for Auxiliary Officer due to being neck deep in work and wouldn't have been able to handle the commitment and show them how much I want that Police Officer position.

My legal name change request is in the mail. Now the 6-8 wait period for the processing :rolleyes:

I've met a lot of people that I knew in school "again", and some of them are actually great friends now c:

I've started laser hair removal and have had two sessions on my face. The first session was mildly uncomfortable, and the second was probably the most painful thing I've ever felt. Hoping the third time's the charm. Am I being delusional, or is it actually practical to have a clean and smooth face if all of your facial hair is dark, and you have light skin?

Just a question for laser removal in the genital area. Should you do it before or after SRS?

And another question for breast augmentation. What are some things to bring up in the consultation? I know that it's to ask them if they've dealt with trans patients before, and how many if they have. A friend of mine told me about this urologist but she doesn't know how the biological male's chest formation in comparison to a cis female's. What else should I ask?

Thanksgiving was a month ago for me; and it's a bit early to write a year end summary, but I just feel the irresistible urge to share.

Looking back, I've come an incredible way since the beginning of 2015. I went from being fired for intoxication on the job, being depressed, a wig, and pre-hrt. Job after job was difficult.

Presently, I'm 6 months into Hrt, full time, no wig, full hours as a manager - which I think is an amazing job considering I want to be a Police Officer, and this job has direct skills and assets that will contribute to that aspiration! I've started Laser Hair Removal, and apparently passing like a cis female.

I'm not sure how it can get any better then this right now, tbh.

I have to thank each and every one of you that has commented on my posts, or pmed me, is a FB friend, or any combination of those. I came here with nothing, and I'm incredibly honoured today to have so much. Sure I fought, a mama did I fight hard for what I have, but I don't think I could have done it without you. From the bottom of my heart I thank you. I love you all, and I won't ever stop.

Kayla Grace

• Forum Moderator

All wonderful news Kayla.

As every year passes I am also amazed at how much better it feels for me. Somehow it does just keep getting better though as we live as ourselves and not the illusion.

I am so glad you have found that and know how much hard work goes into it.

Over the years I have said many times that the people here saved my life. Very literally. And I too am deeply thankful. Now you are one of those who are reaching out and helping-which is a wonderful thing.

Congratulations all around. May your future hold only a deepening happiness and joy

Hugs

Johnny

Hi Kayla,

Groovy news: good job, friends, and more. :) I haven't had electrolysis or laser myself, I just plucked my facial hair with a pair of tweezers. That took a lot of patience, and time, but fortunately it is pretty much done. I do know that I will get laser done on my genitals before GCS, and that it will be covered by insurance (kinda necessary in order to not have hair where there shouldn't be any).

My name, and gender have been legally changed, but I haven't gotten my driver's license done yet. I personally don't plan on any breast augmentation since I already have C cup boobs (38 C). I don't think that the girls are going to get bigger until I gain some fat at this point, but I do expect to gain some fat over the winter months, so maybe they will get back to growing. :)

I have also had a year of changes with 2015, I went from living in a very unstable residence situation (I almost went homeless) to moving in with my boyfriend Alex here in Sacramento. No more worries. :)

I also owe everyone here my life, it has been very hard at times, and I needed all of the loving support given here on the playground. :wub::)

hugs,

Stephanie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Kayla, Great to hear your update. Unfortunately electrolysis is painful. I've had 14 hours so far and have good progress. I wish it was over but I do love the look and feel of a smooth face. I don't think you want a urologist for breast augmentation since they deal with the "lower end" business. Many plastic surgeons can do this work. You should be able to use google find one or more in your area.

Jani