• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Chris Christie: Transgender Bathrooms Confuse Kids

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I remember when it happened "this past August when he vetoed a state measure that would have made it easier for transgender people to change their name and gender identification on their birth certificates."

I truly dislike this man. How he was elected is beyond me. Lots of money and mob connections.

Yuck!

Hugs,

Charlize

Christie responded by joking that life is simpler in New Jersey, "Men go to men's rooms, women go to women's rooms and there really shouldn't be a whole lot of confusion about that -- public accommodations. And I don't think we should be making life more confusing for our children."

I thought that this was odd since here in NJ we "DO" have transgender protection laws that do allow us to go to the bathroom that we identify with. The law doe not state specifically bathrooms, but is covered under the states "Law Against Discrimination" that was updated in 2006 (effective since June 2007). Just goes to show how much he pays he is aware of the current laws in NJ.

• Forum Moderator

He is fortunate that the fact checkers aren't following him but then again he is such a lame candidate for president that no-one bothers.

Hugs,

Charlize

They need to invent a bra with a thousand cups. Then all these political boobs would have something to uphold them. JodyAnn

Would they then accuse Uncle Sam of cross dressing??? Giggle.

I am JodyAnn and I approve this message from her. Hug.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 190 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • Jet McCartney
    • Ashley0616
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Stefi
    • LucyF
    • awkward-yet-sweet