• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Xmas Eve at our local pub

Guest KerryUK

Guest KerryUK

My partner and me went to a nearby pub on Xmas eve for a few drinks. We've been two or three times before. Well, on arrival, we were greeted by the regulars and made ourselves comfortable. After a while, we were approached by a chap who wanted to chat to us both. He was mostly interested in finding out what our relationship is and whether we are 'with' anyone. In the end, we convinced him that we are best friend/soul mates who live together (me being attracted to women but my partner being straight) and that we aren't dating but are quite happy that way. He's quite a character but at no time did there appear to be any doubt about my gender - we were both treated as ladies. As we were getting up to leave, a couple at the bar (who've been a bit stand-offish previously) started chatting with us and were really friendly. It was lovely and to cap it all - the chap came back to us and hugged us as we left. How kewl is that?

Just an afterthought, isn't it funny that men just can't seem to accept that women are just as happy not being in a relationship with a man as in one? That chap just could not understand why we are perfectly happy as we are with no other person in our lives.

Kerry x

• Forum Moderator

Perhaps he suffered the delusion of wishful thinking. Sounds like a lovely evening.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Sounds like a very nice time Kerry. Very nice on the hug from the guy, sounds like a friendly chap, he was probably curious if he could have filled a "spot"....

I spent Christmas eve with friends, exchanging gifts and laughing the night away.

Hugs

Cynthia -

Guest Clair Dufour

Funny how a few pints of that nasty black stuff gets some blokes going for the birds. Still, I think many of us here would love to pass so well. Reading up on Leeds, I see that, Lower Briggate is the place for LGBT and other folks that one can be more open with? Here, some of the women even fancy TG's and drag queens at our half dozen events a month. Which is nice working on 70. Happy Wren Day Luv....

Guest TGTrish

My doctor, a woman, is having a very hard time accepting that my wife and I are quite happy with our very close but sexually inactive relationship. Sometimes it's not just the guys that don't get it. :-/

Trish

• Forum Moderator

I've found the same Trish. Fortunately society seems to readily accept women living together and helping each other.

Hugs,

Charlize

Sshhh... Don't tell Kerry, but I love to make her laugh. This is the first time I can't think of anything to say? Don't let on though or she will never let me live it down.

Bribes in the mail. Hug. JodyAnn

Guest noeleena

Hi ,

Well maybe because we are commonwealth countrys and have been brought up with the Victorain background many men do find it hard and yes strange if two women live togeather , over here its not quite so hard for our men because we are shaking off that way of life , not all of cause ,

i have women stay here with me at times and all my friends and others know , so no drama there , i did think some think oh they are gay or what ever no , no problem and trust me my friends would soon tell me what o,

most of the time i just live by myself and because im well known it makes for life being quite normal ,

...noeleena...

Guest KerryUK

My doctor, a woman, is having a very hard time accepting that my wife and I are quite happy with our very close but sexually inactive relationship. Sometimes it's not just the guys that don't get it. :-/

Trish

That guy really was struggling with the concept Trish and most guys can't seem to fathom out that we can be happy without a man in our life. Unusual for a woman not to get it though.

Jody? You stuck for words? Quick call out the Fire Brigade, Police...... Mountain Rescue...... just call anybody out........ Heehee.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

We've been away for a few days in the Yorkshire Dales where there had been loads of rain - there have been floods here in the UK. There seemed to be quite a lot of looks but more out of curiosity than anything. Once we started chatting with some of them (mainly in the pub) they readily accepted us and we had some quite lovely chats. It seems to me that once people realise that I'm confident in who I am and that I don't bite, people want to chat back. We were called 'ladies' and even girls' once too - that was cute.

Kerry x