• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm back again; I've missed the playground

Guest erinanita

Guest erinanita

I finally found the playground again. Not a lot has change for me - I'm still busy with the program. I go to at least two meetings a week and I have also been the alternate chair for our local treatment committee. But it's time to rotate out. Our group believes in rotation and so do I. I will put my hat in the ring at the group level and see what comes next. I will still allow my name to stand on the Bridging the Gap list as well as the Twelve Step List as well.

However, I lost my driver's licence so it will not be as easy to accomplish things as it used to be. And I noticed today it's not easy to ask for help. I've always been so independent. So hopefully I will be more active here in the future. I feel welcome here and certainly feel easier about talking. Thank you all for being here.

Thtufus (Erin)

Welcome home! It's wonderful that you are immersed in the program. I finally found refuge in a sober living home. It's funny, mandatory meetings are not a chore, they are a joy! I was happy they let me in as I'm coming up this month on my four year medallion. It's also fun to be a live in example for newbies fresh out of the spin dry treatment centers.

Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Hug. JodyAnn

• Forum Moderator

Welcome back to Laura's

As i worked the steps of the program i found so much more than being sober. The promises have been coming true for me. It is still hard for me to ask for help but i'm better than ever in that regard.

I've also found the joys of doing service and being active in the world of recovery. Laura's seems to fit those feelings.

We have meetings at the chatroom at 9:00 Sundays. Join us if you can.

Hugs,

Charlize

Welcome back, Erin!

I just started here less than a year ago, but sober for 15+ years. Transition stress led me back into AAas an alternative to going back out. Has been awesome.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Guest Kayla Grace

I had a problem with marijuana and alcohol pre transition as well and to a certain extent the latter within very early stages. I'm still quite young in my transition (8 months on HRT), but I only drink socially. And have been drug free for almost 2 years now. You CAN do it :)