• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

2 months until my surgerie

It's coming pretty fast. The strange thing for me is that I already did research and already evaluated the risks and do I want to take them. So, right now there's only one thing remaining and that's the little girl in me. I'm no longer afraid and fully at peace with my decision. Right now I am excited, it's like the little girl has taken full control. I'm thinking about the stupidest and most mondane things.

Since I received my documents friday I'm smiling non stop. The crazy things is that the document is VERY realistic and meant to paint a real picture of what it will be to heal and the risks and all the steps I have to take to get ready.... yet, i'm still smiling like a little girl. There's a part of my brain, the hypocondriac part, the part that's afraid of doctors, that tell me : "hey, what are you doing, imagine what you can lose, the risks of infection afterward, you will DIE" and another part of my brain that's thinking about : "yeah, but look at the list, there's menstrual pads, I will get to wear them for realz, hihihi"

anyway, it's confusing almost... I should be afraid and i'm totally not and it's weird.

• Admin

Well, I did just celebrate my 3rd anniversary of "S" day, and my memories of the two months before jibe with what you are going through right now. Mentally it was the greatest loopiest ride I have ever been on. You are indeed going to be in for some very intense experiences during your initial healing when your "little girl" will need loving care and some comforting, but it will pass, and you will become even more "you" than before.

• Admin

A huge congrats to you, Marie. I know how big a step this is, and how scary and full of trepidation, too. You're going to be very busy the next two months reading, preparing, and getting yourself ready. I know it will be an interesting and intense experience.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Marie, won't be long now :)

Best wishes for a smooth trip

Hugs

Cynthia -

Guest KerryUK

You'll be amazed at how quickly those 2 months will whizz by Solioque, though they will feel like they are going so slowly. Suddenly you'll be waking up on the other side and then your new life will begin - a truly wonderful time. Oh yes, there will be tender and emotional times but each day that passes, it will get better and better.

Kerry