• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Caitlyn Jenner announces support for Ted Cruz

Guest LesleyAnne

• Admin

Yes, I've been reading about that from FB posts. Jennifer Boylan even said she considered quitting Jenner's show over it. I've read Jenner's justification, and it is disingenuous, IMO. While there are no Republicans running for President who anyone would consider moderate in their social views, there are certainly those who are less strident and less anti-LGBT than Cruz. Jenner has done some good things for the community, but this will certainly drive a wedge into that relationship. Whether she cares or not is another matter.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Kind of feel sorry for Caitlyn being in the spotlight as a transgender spokesperson and yet such a conservative. Being high profile doesn't make you wise or even representative as she is demonstrating. I read Jenny Boylan's response and her reasons for staying and agree with her.

It's time we quit demanding perfection from others and insisting everyone agree with our views or else. Do I think supporting Cruz is dense? Definitely. But do I think Caitlyn Jenner has to share my political views or anything else to be a decent person or accept her? No! We cannot ask others to be accepting and open minded though they disagree with us unless we are willing to do the same. We can respect others right to disagree and entitlement to a different view and opinion and still not endorse that view. In the end our fight is really to be respected as human beings with basic human rights whether others agree with us or not. To accomplish that we must learn to do it ourselves and foster that mindset rather than the reactive one shown by the conservatives at this point.

Johnny

Guest Kaylee

Disappointed does not cover what I feel for Cait Jenner at this point, and it will take me a while longer to get past my anger over this one.

I admit to having high hopes when Cait came out. She looked great, was in the spot light, and had all this potential to bring good things to the community. I also admit, that while having high hopes, I never felt that as a spokesperson for the trans community... that she truely spoke for me. I simply didn't relate to her due to the difference in age and wealth. (I more relate to Laura Jane Grace)

The problem I have, is that while I knew she was conservative, she has been bouncing around behaving as if "she" is the spokesperson for the trans community... the end all be all of what the trans-community is. In addition to that, this is the absolute worst election regarding LGBTQ rights, concidering that pretty much every single GOP candidate has stated anti-lgbtq sentiment.

I understand why Jenn Boylan decided to stay with the show, and I respect her for it, but Cait is in fact living in a dream world if she thinks she can change how Cruz feels about the LGBTQ community (as stated in some recent interview).

As expected by many people, Cait is not the champion we'd hoped for, if she can't even recognize that her support of Cruz is actually taking is a detriment to equality.

I just wish it was ME... that got to smack her with that news paper.

Kaylee

• Admin

About a month ago I was at an event where Caitlyn was an attendee. I was doing some sound tech work there, and did not even realize I was about 15' away from her at a couple of points. I had no idea she was, until some pictures showed her being there, but I have this wonderful feeling that I missed nothing by not seeing her or knowing she was around until long after. Sorry.

PS -- I was a bit sorry that I had no time to do more than wave at three other Trans* supportive friends whom I do know in the entertainment world, but they were happy to see me.

• Forum Moderator

I'd have to agree with you Vicky. Though I have defended her here I am no fan and would have no desire to meet her. Jenny Boylan on the other hand...

You have to remember that Caitlyn Jenner rose to fame as an athlete - a jocks and not for her wit or wisdom. Then she married a fame sleeper who k rw how to cash in on the family fame and notoriety. None of which suits Ms Jenner for a spokeswoman role.

Johnny

• Admin

Jenny Boylan is an acquaintance who I do admire and like very much (she was one of the 3 I mentioned in the PS).

• Forum Moderator

I have only been lucky enough to follow Jenny Boylan on Facebook and read her book but I do admire her immensely.

She is my Idea of a Trans tole model regardless of which gender you are. I'm glad you know her Vicky.

Johnny

Guest otter-girl

I worry about US politics and I'm 3000 miles away! All Trump did to Scotland was build a golf course, Imagine what he could do as President.

If I was to be flippant about it, "Once I pass, can I go back to being a total bigot?"

What do I know. I have a conscience for a handicap.

Rachel

• Forum Moderator

Intoxicated with white male privilege that even a transsexual body can not erase ?

$$ is a powerful drug, more, faster, now......

Guest KerryUK

I don't really understand much about Cruz and so I can't pass much comment about Jenner but I do fear what will happen for all of you if Trump gets in. I'm watching with interest and fear also.

Kerry x

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 175 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Lorelei
    • KathyLauren
    • Ashley0616
    • Birdie