• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

For My Sisters In Large-gutted-ness

Guest Cericonversion

Guest Cericonversion

I just learned this recently and thought it might cheer up someone else here as much as it did me....

Just recently my doctor had some pointers for me to newer studies about belly fat and its reduction. I have kind of a lot to lose there and it's been very depressing. Most of the advice was familiar: whole grains, avoiding overprocessed food, cutting out high-fructose corn syrup and reducing sugar overall, etc. But there's now apparently solid research showing that stress reduction plays a big element in successfully cutting out belly fat.

That was really interesting to me, because reducing stress on as many fronts as possible has been my major health task for the last half-year or so. Getting my head on right about my gender identity is one big part of that. :) But so are other things like cutting back on the time I spend with the friends most likely to irritate or offend me, and handing off work chores I don't really need to be doing and that make me miserable to someone else. I've just barely started seeing belly improvement, but my trusty tape measure says it is happening, and my neighbor with the habit of constructive criticism says it shows.

So! Mellow out! It's good for your stomach! :)

• 6 months later...
Guest Syamantaka

Kool Every martial arts person I have met, stress mind tells the body what to do which

figures why they were very short of body fat and had very nice body tone.

Also, I have never seen a fat ballet performer.

• 1 month later...
Guest Caroline_J
I just learned this recently and thought it might cheer up someone else here as much as it did me....

Just recently my doctor had some pointers for me to newer studies about belly fat and its reduction. I have kind of a lot to lose there and it's been very depressing. Most of the advice was familiar: whole grains, avoiding overprocessed food, cutting out high-fructose corn syrup and reducing sugar overall, etc. But there's now apparently solid research showing that stress reduction plays a big element in successfully cutting out belly fat.

That was really interesting to me, because reducing stress on as many fronts as possible has been my major health task for the last half-year or so. Getting my head on right about my gender identity is one big part of that. :) But so are other things like cutting back on the time I spend with the friends most likely to irritate or offend me, and handing off work chores I don't really need to be doing and that make me miserable to someone else. I've just barely started seeing belly improvement, but my trusty tape measure says it is happening, and my neighbor with the habit of constructive criticism says it shows.

So! Mellow out! It's good for your stomach! :)

Makes alot of sence cause stress triggers your "survival mode" in your brain and starts telling the body to develop fat cells to help ride out whatever storm that it may think that is happening. Thats why good sleep is so important to a person dieting.