• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cruz and Trump Battle Over Bathrooms

Carolyn Marie

Regardless of whatever my sympathies might be, I'm quite impressed the North Carolinian legislature's continued intransigence on this issue. Most states would have struck their colors by not.

While I find Mr. Cruz' and Mr. Trump's commentary on the N. Carolina bill to be interesting (especially the latter's perspective), I was a bit surprised that this topic erupted so into the nomination campaign. [Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised though, as I note that today Mr. Obama chose to insert his perspective into the imbroglio.]

Personally, I'm somewhat in sympathy with the actions of that plains governor (I think he was in one of the Dakotas). He vetoed similar legislation in his state secondary to his conviction that bathroom/restroom issues were not a matter for state regulation, feeling that local control/regulation of such issues was more appropriate.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Hindsight is always 20/20. Of course Kasich and Trump will say they wouldn't have signed that bill because they're seeing the backlash from it. Had they been asked this question the day after the bill was signed, when they didn't know about the public outcry, would they have answered the same? Who knows, we can't really say one way or the other.

Just some food for thought to nibble on.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)

• Cynthia Slowan
    • KymmieL
    • Maddee
    • Selkimur
    • Betty K