• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Texas towns joining in on discrimination

Guest LesleyAnne

Guest LesleyAnne

Joining in on Anti-Trans bathroom bills are a couple of towns in Texas.

Denton Texas top Sheriff states that if he ever see's a transgender person enter a bathroom when one of his daughters is in there that person will be waking up in some hospital, I don't care what gender that man thinks he is!!

And Rockwall TX. will vote on a bill Monday to make it illegal for anyone to use the bathroom that does not match their birth certificate, and prosecute any business that allows such behavior. "It's the RIGHT thing to do."

It is expected to pass easily!

Plus the illustrious Lt. Governor Dan Patrick plans on leading the way to get legislation like North Carolina's HB2. He stated that he didn't care if it were to cost him an election, and there was no amount of repercussions from any business that would change his mind.....he will not back down. And Attorney General Ken Paxton (who is under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission for selling securities without a license) has vowed to use his influence to get the legislation pushed through.

Golly Gosh!

Why oh why does the media not expose the group The 'American Families Association' (who are a known LGBTQ hate group listed on the Southern Poverty Law Center's list of hate groups) that is pushing legislators to pass these hate bills. They've also help write the language used in these bills.

I just don't understand the why the media is not interested in exposing them????

• Forum Moderator

The details of your situation aside I do find it interesting that here in the UK a ruling from Europe on human rights could, in theory, over-rule any similar legislation a member country in the UK tried to impose. With this sort of thing it probably would happen. When President Obama said we should stay in Europe Union he was obviously not thinking of this but I do wonder how many Americans would accept such an outside ruling, no matter how just it was.

I, for one, do see this as a positive side of union.

Tracy

Guest Mia J

Sometimes I think this is just the extreme right jumping on the bandwagon as the sheep they are just to make the news and focus their big brave battle against the the group that is easy to hit on and who is the most vulnerable.

Mia

Guest LesleyAnne

Yes Annuity, be very careful, my hopes for you, and all of us, is safe traveling wherever we are, and the two towns in Texas are probably just the beginning of a trend. Here in Magnolia they are talking about following suit :wacko:.

It makes me contemplate a move in spite of all of my family living here. But I have no idea where?

By the way if the avatar you are using is how you look then I don't think you have any worries. Me on the other hand I look like an old amazon at 5'10" and size 12 women's shoe. I haven't got a chance. Especially recently (yes in Texas) some cis-females have been rousted around by vigilante's, when they've gone into a women's restroom. :hairpull:

The thing to realize is, most of these idiots wouldn't know a trans person if they met you. And it is unreasonable for them to think they can check peoples' birth certificates. In reality, all police have to go on for identity documentation, usually, is a driver's license.

And if a sheriff actually does beat up someone for walking into a restroom, that would make for a lawsuit at the least.

If you're alone in an unfamiliar area, then small restrooms that aren't shared are probably safer. The refuge restrooms app can be helpful, too.

• Forum Moderator

At the city council meeting the proposal was unanimously voted down-in fact the mayor couldn't even get a second so he let it droop. The wingnuts are loud but not the majority in most places and the hard blows tat North Carolina is taking have made a strong point. Few politicians are more interested in principal than money.

And that sheriff candidate from Denton shortly after came out with a modification of his statement. These good old boys seem to be surprised to find out that their hate messages aren't well received-but people ARE sending the messages loud and clear.

They are listening-except Cruz. But when you think you are the next messiah sent to turn the US into a theocracy you probably lack the perception to recognize the messages and what they bode anyway.

Johnny

Guest Mia J

It was interesting to read the report and see that there was a very large turn-out to speak on the issue. The vast majority were against the bill including businesses in the area. The fact that the mayor could not even get a second to the motion shows that some of the right is starting to at least think about what can happen.

Mia

Guest Annutty

By the way if the avatar you are using is how you look then I don't think you have any worries. Me on the other hand I look like an old amazon at 5'10" and size 12 women's shoe. I haven't got a chance. Especially recently (yes in Texas) some cis-females have been rousted around by vigilante's, when they've gone into a women's restroom. :hairpull:

Yes that is a picture of me but I stand at 6'4" with size 13 shoes :P

• Forum Moderator

Texas always has had it's share of tall and even rugged women so being 5'10"and wearing a 12 shoe isn't going to peg you. And here in Arkansas I know a 1e year old who is 5'8" with a size 11 shoe who is popular and admired by her classmates.

My ex had 5 great aunts over 6 feet tall. Body language will determine how well you are perceived far more than everything else put together.

Guest LesleyAnne

Well then you give me hope :wub:

Now if I can just get my birthday suit ironed out to get rid of all the wrinkles.......... :lol:

You look great Annuity, and Johnny!! I'm so proud and lucky to be part of his community :)

Guest LesleyAnne

"This" community not "his"......I hate auto thingy completing my words for me, and spell thingy too! I really can complete a thought, and spell dangit! Argh!