• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

If You Could Choose...

Guest MrAwesome

Guest MrAwesome

If you could go back to the moment you were about to enter your mommies womb, as a little sperm, and god came to you and said "-----, you will be born with 2 X chromosomes. You will have female reproductive organs, do you want to be a normal girl, like any other, or do you want to be a transman?" What would you pick? Would you, if you had the choice, still be a transsexual? or would you want to just be a normal girl? I personally wouldn't want to be a girl, I never wanted to just be a normal "girl" I wanted to be a boy. I wouldn't be a girl if given the choice, whether I was a transman or a bio boy.

Guest Pól_Eire

I've wondered about this before, and I honestly don't know. If I were a cisgendered girl, I wouldn't be myself, so it's kind of hard to say. Also, if you were a cisgendered girl, not being male wouldn't be a problem.

-Pól

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind if I comment on this from the other side. Choosing to be a man or transwoman? I't my upbrining I'm sure but I would ball for a long time. Cause I'm sure the correct answer is supposed to be cis-gendered man. But as much as I love some masculine things, and as much as I fear Hell, I would choose to be a transwoman. I love men (sexually and otherwise) but I want to be a woman, even an anatomically incorrect one.

Guest Cody_T

I'd pick female.

I'd do so because if it's happening before I'm born, it wouldn't not be me. It would be a different me than the me right now, but my experience of myself would be the same as it is now. As much as I'm cool with being a "guy in a girl's body" because I don't have any other choice, and as much as I find being trans formative and whatever, I would choose not to deal with the crap that comes with it. As long as I don't know about the decision after it takes place, it wouldn't really make a difference.

Guest KaydenJames1618

That'd be difficult decision. If I wasn't completely created yet, I don't think I'd have the same opinions as I have now from my life experience. I know if you ask me right now, there's no way I've ever wanted to be a girl so I'd chose transsexual. But if I had no past influence on society I wouldn't know what "normal" meant that you'd get to fit in better at school and things. So honestly, I don't know what I'd pick.

Guest Elizabeth K

Literal answer? I donno

I think it come down to being in an assigned sex and not being gender dysphoric OR being in an assigned sex and BEING gender dysphoric? Of course, are you really your body? I don't think so. I think I have a female soul. So if I could be in a female body and NOT be gender dysphoric - wow, YES YES YES

But if I had to be in a male body - hummmm. I think I would STILL know somethig was terribly wrong - so no way!

Makes you think.

Lizzy

Guest StrandedOutThere

This is the kind of question that could spur deep philosophical discussions that overstay their welcome.

So, if God came down while I was still a bun in the oven and asked me "You're going to have to X chromsomes, and you are going to have female reproductive organs. Do you want to be a non gender dysphoric female or a transman?"

Okay...yeah. If those were the only two choices, I'd have to go with "Lord, if you are all powerful and stuff....why not just make me a good ol' XY boy?"

Of course, if I'm just picking between the two options you provided, I'd have to go with transman.

Here's where we get into the philosophical part. Present day, grown up, transman me isn't able to imagine what the pre-conception, energy-based, spirit of me would think or be like if it talked to God. In reality, it sounds like the question you are asking (which is one a lot of us have wondered about) is "If you had a choice, would you still be you?"

So, in my case, I'm reasonably content with who I am as a person. I'm a transman. Since I'm okay with that, I don't want God to intervene and make me into anything else...unless he can make me a perfect, genetic male. I definitely would NEVER want to be a girl.

Guest April63

I could be a normal girl or a normal boy. I don't really care which gender. Just as long as I would be normal. The problem with me is, I'm already weird, plus transsexual. I would rather not have to deal with being transsexual, so I would want to be non-gender dysphoric. Don't care which gender, I would be happy as either one :)

And then normal. I wish. Being weird is so icky. :( yuck

April

Guest Alyssa Leigh

I would deffinatly want to be born a regular female with out Gender Disphoria. I wouldn't want to think about everything that I have been thru and still have to go thru to transition again.

Guest mia 1

I'd want to be born female with my male athletic characteristics and enter the Olympics as a woman track star and take all the gold medals get a big fat contract from all the Fortune 500 companies and take my friends and fly them around the world in my Gulf Stream 500. :D

Guest StrandedOutThere
I'd want to be born female with my male athletic characteristics and enter the Olympics as a woman track star and take all the gold medals get a big fat contract from all the Fortune 500 companies and take my friends and fly them around the world in my Gulf Stream 500. :D

That sounds pretty cool. Rock on!

Guest My_Genesis

Hmm...well really if I had my way..I'd have a little birdie tell me, like a higher power or a god or something, that I can swap the X for a Y while I'm still a single cell, and I'd better get going because it might only be a matter of hours!

lol i know that's probably not exactly what you wanted to hear

:D

Guest B.heard

I dont know if Ive understood the question correct :huh: but if you saying this all knowing god offers you only 2 options

1. born in the same gender we were all born but happy with no disphoria? or 2. born as we were all born with the disphoria and all the fun things that brings?

I think most of us would have liked at some point to be ok and have the disphoria go away and leave our minds with peace and be happy so at some point most of us have picked number 1

Maybe the next question should be if your picking to be born with disphoria...

Would you pick being born with diphoria over being born in your preferred gender?

Because I think if you picking to be born into a gender and happy in that gender you have chosen number 1 to the top question and if your picking number 2 to have disphoria, are you even really transgender? since you dont seek to change and be happy just become something else? boy its confusing!

Guest michelle.butterfly
Here's where we get into the philosophical part. Present day, grown up, transman me isn't able to imagine what the pre-conception, energy-based, spirit of me would think or be like if it talked to God. In reality, it sounds like the question you are asking (which is one a lot of us have wondered about) is "If you had a choice, would you still be you?"

Totally agreed! That is the question that is being asked and, for me, 100% absolutely I say YES! Me. I want to be me. No different. If I had a choice to change things I would choose to have things exactly as they are now. Everyone has their own issues and I know I would not be ther person I am without the experiences I have had and the (icky) boy body I have. :lol:

Anyway, just my two cents.

With much love,

Michelle

Guest Irielle

To me it sounds like the question is "What would make you happiest?" I'd have to say that although I'm happy being a genetic boy I would probably be happier being a genetic girl. My gender identity is more female than male but not at 100%.

Having said that, I would still be an androgyne, just coming at it from a different angle, from female instead of male. I know I wouldn't be happy with my gender identity all male or all female - those are too confining for me.

I would be ecstatic if I could physically be both a boy and a girl at the same time. I don't know what that would be or look like but then I would truly feel that I am in the right body. I would be home at last......... :)

Guest Benzrathe
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind if I comment on this from the other side. Choosing to be a man or transwoman? I't my upbrining I'm sure but I would ball for a long time. Cause I'm sure the correct answer is supposed to be cis-gendered man. But as much as I love some masculine things, and as much as I fear Hell, I would choose to be a transwoman. I love men (sexually and otherwise) but I want to be a woman, even an anatomically incorrect one.

My sentiments precisely, Charlotte. I'm currently striving to reconcile my Spiritual self with my biological self. But I truly can't imagine myself as a female, I never could. It never fit/felt right. One of the questions I'm asking myself of late as a Christian, is if a Transman marries a woman, is their relationship still considered a homosexual act before God?

Personally, I don't believe so. God has always focused on our hearts, and not out outward appearances (I Sam 16:7); therefore He knows who I am. My adjustments not only serve me better from a comfort standpoint, but also enhance my Christian walk, in that the world will now see what He and I have known all along. Thusly, they can't condemn my natural relationships, so no blemishes. Wishful thinking? Maybe, but that's how I see it.

Peace

Benz