• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi all, somehow my update didn't get posted so I'm trying again. I've been on hormones for almost 4 weeks. Not much change except my hair in certain places is not growing as fast. The VA has been great and I have their full support. My wife has also ben amazing as she has been with me the whole time and been even to counselor meetings with me. She even did a weekend away where she booked everything and let me be me the whole time. I'm so very lucky!

I go to see my endo doctor next month for probably a dosage increase but only after my blood test tomorrow.

Take care all!

Sadie

That's great, Sadie! I'm glad you've been able to get help at the VA.

• Forum Moderator

That's great that you are getting good support from the VA. It's also wonderful that your wife is supporting you too. Take care of her too as this is probably a change she needs to work through as much as you do. You're both transitioning. My wife is very supportive as she wants the best for me but she has her moments of doubt. It sounds like things are going well for you and that is always cause for celebration.

Cheers,

Jani

• 1 month later...
Guest Joan Jayne

You can't imagine how fortunate you are to have a supportive spouse. The VA has been good to me with help on Agent Orange exposure and curing my Hep C. My psychologist there told me about this and heartily approves of L.P.